Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jan 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by fudgie View Post
Such melodrama! Meghan has been a Royal for less than two years and they're already deciding to throw in the towel. Perhaps she should have spoken to Camilla about bad press and how to rise above it. She put her head down and got on with it despite the real hatred she got from both the press and the public.
And Kate Middleton had many years of less than favourable press. Remember Waity Katey and the criticism over the job (lack of) situation. Her family came under some ridicule too. They all put their heads down, got on with it in silence and earned respect.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie65
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I personally think it would have taken more guts for him , them to leave than just carry on (probably miserable)and wish them well
Annie65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
And Kate Middleton had many years of less than favourable press. Remember Waity Katey and the criticism over the job (lack of) situation. Her family came under some ridicule too. They all put their heads down, got on with it in silence and earned respect.
and there in lies the problem, they dealt with it the British way, the stiff upper lip, the smiling mask in public disguising the personal feelings, the we don't speak of those things in public.

Meghan is not British, does not deal with things the British way, and has a very different way of doing things. And its not liked.

It was expected that she would conform, would follow protocol, would have the stiff upper lip, the just get on with it attitude. But she didnt and it is not liked.

She is a Royal now, people say, she should act like a Royal.

But hey guess what, how can some someone act like a Royal, and understand generations of protocol and the weight of expectations when that person has not grown up in British society?
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
...She is a Royal now, people say, she should act like a Royal.

But hey guess what, how can some someone act like a Royal, and understand generations of protocol and the weight of expectations when that person has not grown up in British society?
She can learn. She can show patience and a willingness to work with the family/firm she chose to join. She can, at the very least, show them respect when she wants out.

That aside, this is not just her decision - it's their's and it's about both of them.

I don't argue with their decision to step back, but I don't respect how they have gone about it and I do think their most recent statement(s) are rather vague and, at times, meaningless.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
That maybe so but he said he regularly went on tour with him and I’ve seen him interact with royals on TV. They seem to get on ok. Do you thinking he lying? He certainly knows him better than most if not all on here.
I speak to the woman in my corner shop daily, I don’t believe she has any deep insight into my personal life though even though we chat.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Diana took flack for her lack of stiff upper lip too and she was British.

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
and there in lies the problem, they dealt with it the British way, the stiff upper lip, the smiling mask in public disguising the personal feelings, the we don't speak of those things in public.

Meghan is not British, does not deal with things the British way, and has a very different way of doing things. And its not liked.

It was expected that she would conform, would follow protocol, would have the stiff upper lip, the just get on with it attitude. But she didnt and it is not liked.

She is a Royal now, people say, she should act like a Royal.

duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
There has been over 250 posts on this thread, and just over 30 on a thread focused on Iran and US. I find that fascinating.
You’ll get more posts on subjects which divide opinions.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Diana took flack for her lack of stiff upper lip too and she was British.
Did she ?
Diana was very young when she joined the Royal Family, she endured a cheating husband from the get go which caused her some awful health issues. She was adored by a majority of the public both here and overseas even when the marriage failed . I don't see any comparison in character between her and Meghan other than she was of interest to the press
I don't really understand what you mean with your statement about the lack of stiff upper lip
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Like them or not I do think everyone is in agreement that if they want to step back that is fine, also I guess we all agree regarding monies they receive and not living off the tax payer if they are not doing duties so what the heck is this thread about?
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Like them or not I do think everyone is in agreement that if they want to step back that is fine, also I guess we all agree regarding monies they receive and not living off the tax payer if they are not doing duties so what the heck is this thread about?
The way they have gone about it maybe? Timing, queen not aware etc?