Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jan 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
As mentioned on another forum can the Queen or Prince Charles take custody of Archie?
I think there would have be some serious child protection issues if custody of a young baby were to be given to grandparents in their 70’ s and late 90’s !
This has all been done in a very underhanded way and it will end in tears but I don’t think anyone could doubt that Meghan and Harry are good parents.
I am surprised that for a couple who apparently can’t do anything without it getting in to the press/ social media managed to take their dogs away on holiday and return without their baby and no one notice. Maybe they could have acted with a little more of this discretion previously.
I wouldn’t be surprised if talks were not moving fast enough and the Sun leak came from friends n the US to force discussions to move on quicker. Don’t forget what Meghan wants Meghan gets.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
As mentioned on another forum can the Queen or Prince Charles take custody of Archie?
Apparently this is 300 year old law which is now being resurrected by the media. I found a post by a lawyer which explains it

alternativefamilylaw.co.u...-own-children/

Basically yes in the 1700's this was true BUT it has no standing in modern law and the modern Monarchy
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I believe Diana was refused permission to take the boys to live in Australia. Obviously with William being the heir that's slightly different.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Sadly I believe it will end in tears and they won’t live happily ever after.
The child will be the bargaining chip and I presume dual citizenship will be easier for his mother to keep in him North America.
I find it sad that she couldn’t stay and support her husband instead of him dealing with the bombshell decision ,no one knows how and when this first began apart from media speculation.
I hope whatever happens Harry and his little family are happy and their life goes how they want it to goodness knows he’s had more to deal with than many.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I think the fact they initially took the dogs and then left Archie shows they had no intention of returning to the UK now and it doesn't tie in with having their hands forced by the Sun. It's all damage limitation now.
Unless the Sun found out the dogs went out, and knew Archie didn’t return with them and then put 2 and 2 together and it then forced the announcement.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Who on earth would even want to implement aome ancient law from centuries ago!
I think they should be allowed to go and live their lives how they want. Its so unlikely he would be needed to be king. I just think that he has been through so much in his life, it seems that he just wants to protect his family, and who does not want the best for the ones they love. Its not like they arent ever going to visit granny again!
Old 11 Jan 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

I think a lot of the dislike for Meghan might be from people who love the Royal family, and Harry, and perceive it as though he has been snatched away from his family. So it may not be particularly personal, it’s just MM is the one who has ‘taken’ our Harry.

As for the papers breaking the story, unfortunately that is what they do. And this story is obviously a biggie, even just based on this thread alone that is still chugging along. Just seems a shame that it had to happen that way, that it broke before they’d got all their ducks in a row, and how ironic that the media ≈≈≈≈≈≈ storm seems to be mainly based on them not informing the Queen before the announcement and yet seemingly it’s the fault of the media that they didn’t
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
When you think how the family behaved when his mother died.
How his father married the woman who caused his mother such heartache .
He may not really care that much about their feelings
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
When you think how the family behaved when his mother died.
How his father married the woman who caused his mother such heartache .
He may not really care that much about their feelings
Rob
It appears all of Harry's anger over his mother's death has always been directed at the press and both William and Harry became close to their father and approved of his marriage to Camilla.
Will have to wait for the next few series of the crown though to see the truth in that 😂
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
It appears all of Harry's anger over his mother's death has always been directed at the press and both William and Harry became close to their father and approved of his marriage to Camilla.
Will have to wait for the next few series of the crown though to see the truth in that 😂
I do wonder about that to be honest. He was a child he had little choice but to go along with his remaining parent.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread