Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Buy and Sell DVC
Unread 13 Jan 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Beginners guide to galaxys edge please

I love Star Wars and really excited go to HS in July. I have tried to avoid information on GE so I would not spoil anything but apparently you cant FP the two rides?
I have got an ADR for breakfast at olgas 10am. But other than that I am clueless.
Sorry for loads of questions!
Is HS still opening early due to GE?
What time do you suggest to get there for?
Once in the park do you need to head straight to GE?
Do you just queue for the rides? I imagine the queues to be crazy with no FP ?
Massive queues are a big no no for us, my daughter cant cope and she gets cramps in her calfs.
Are there things not to be missed?
Any hints & tips?

Also, with the opening of GE how is the rest of Hollywood studios?
Is Toy Story land still manic?

How do you fit it all in ? We have older children who love TOT & Aerosmith and our youngest will be 7 so loves toy story plus me who loves Star Wars lol

Whats your plan of action?
Thanks
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our next WDW trip
Unread 13 Jan 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I think it is too early for you to even worry about this.

At this point nobody knows how it will work in July regarding EMH, fastpasses, boarding groups.

Look into it again when you get to your 60 day FP booking date and then again ever nearer the time.
Claudette is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NY & Disney 2020
Unread 13 Jan 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
At the moment guests can't fastpass the two new Star Wars rides, no. I stress "at the moment" though - things might be different by the summer.

For the Millennium Falcon ride there's currently just a standby queue. You join the queue and wait (like you would for most other rides at other theme parks). The average wait time for this over the last 7 days is 65 minutes. It looks like the best time to join the queue for this is at the end of the day, sometime in the last couple of hours before closing time. The longest waits tend to be in the first couple of hours.

For the Rise of the Resistance ride you currently need to get into a boarding group (via the Disney app or see one of the CMs in the park). These fill up quite quickly after park opening. Therefore, it helps if you get to be park early, before the official opening time (for example, 20 to 30 mins before opening time). There is no "normal" standby queue and no fastpasses. At the moment.

At the moment Hollywood Studios opens at 7am in the morning. By the end of this month that will change to 8am. Currently, Hollywood Studios is scheduled to open at 9am in July. This may or may not change.

As for the other rides, things are a little busier at HS than normal. TSM has a current average wait time of 50 minutes, Slinky Dog Dash has an average wait of 75 minutes, Star Tours has an average of 20 minutes. What the park will be like over the next few months remains to be seen.

Personally, if it was me and I was there at the moment, then I'd get to HS about 15 minutes before it was due to open. Get inside and book a boarding group for RotR, do a few rides with short queues, then head somewhere else (either back to the hotel to relax or to another park). Then go back to HS when your boarding group was called and do RotR and the Millennium Falcon ride and browse around GE.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 06:31 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Anniversary trip to POFQ...
Unread 13 Jan 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I guess I am a little early lol not that I am excited or anything 😉
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our next WDW trip
Unread 13 Jan 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11
You're not the only one who is excited. I'm really hoping we can FP by summer. If not then we can come up with a strategy together. We've just watched star wars and empire strikes back over chrismtas as my DD can't remember watching them properly. I reckon we can get the whole lot in before we go at the end of July.

Currently writing
Yo Ho, A Disney Life for Me - Summer 2020 pre trip

Now complete
The Bare Necessities Summer 2019

Washington DC October 2019

All my old trip reports are here in one place
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
6th time lucky, CBR again