Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
QuickSilver
Unread 14 Jan 20, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Devonlou View Post
What a nasty so and so you are! a totally uncalled for comment under current circumstances. I expect the staff won't miss the likes of you either... all 2,000 of them including my family members who you've never met
dailymail/news/art...ge-charge.html there were hundreds of people in the same boat. Wrongfully charged a silly amount of money. Flew hundreds of times with Flybe and was charged. To be clear, my bag met the specification no problem. They got 50 and instead lost ~5000 a year.

dailymail/news/art...ng-flight.html - knowing this situation and getting in the front page of the paper also showed the service Flybe were offering - it was shocking - disabled passengers, elderly, kids all affected by staff members.

birminghammail/new...d-16518757.amp - eventually video footage showed Flybe to be lying in this instance and showed again it was their staff at fault.

I can go on but please don't call me nasty when there are a huge amount of stories that show how the staff impacted customers of Flybe.
b00110908 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I do agree and disagree with you. Unfortunately their is a little more to the story about a group of 19-20 year old girls returning from Amsterdam and spending 6 hours delay in the airport. They were denied for a very obvious reason.

I fly alot and Flybe staff (more than less) have become very blunt and unfriendly. I often see how they treat people at the gate, the way they demand to check bags, the way Ryainair use to. This is because they have been getting commission on any extra bags they pick up.
I have watched them, over again, sell drinks to people, take money and then say they have no change very aggressively. Maybe warn people first would help.

Flybe have not been customer focused for a long time, and this is what happens.

Originally Posted by b00110908 View Post
dailymail/news/art...ge-charge.html there were hundreds of people in the same boat. Wrongfully charged a silly amount of money. Flew hundreds of times with Flybe and was charged. To be clear, my bag met the specification no problem. They got 50 and instead lost ~5000 a year.

dailymail/news/art...ng-flight.html - knowing this situation and getting in the front page of the paper also showed the service Flybe were offering - it was shocking - disabled passengers, elderly, kids all affected by staff members.

birminghammail/new...d-16518757.amp - eventually video footage showed Flybe to be lying in this instance and showed again it was their staff at fault.

I can go on but please don't call me nasty when there are a huge amount of stories that show how the staff impacted customers of Flybe.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Aug 2020 - PORS
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Happy days in:
Unread 14 Jan 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

I work in the aviation industry and I do hope flybe survive, this country needs the regional connections and it,s not as if there is a line of airlines willing to take the routes, I assure you there isn't. And if it does go bump what's the alternative the train and that's not the greatest service in the world either.
I have read a lot of stories about the airline staff on here who work with Joe public day in and day out and to be honest you need a medal to do the job after witnessing on a daily basis the absolute disgraceful behaviour of some of the passengers who fly with these airlines. Now some people will argue they work in a job that has to deal with the public but nobody should have to put up with some of the behaviour I have witnessed regardless of what job you do.
Fingers crossed all the staff are still in a job at the end of the week.

Edited at 10:54 AM.
scouser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Saphire Falls + Boardwalk villas
Unread 14 Jan 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by b00110908 View Post

2 of the articles refer to third parties so how can Flybe be held responsible for this?
The other one does not seem to have been followed up by the mother so possibly not as it is told.

I have never had an issue with Flybe, the majority of flights have been full, very rarely have they been less than 50% full.

June 2006, August 2007, September 2018, January 2019, September 2019
lizzie145 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to Disney
Unread 14 Jan 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
2 of the articles refer to third parties so how can Flybe be held responsible for this?
The other one does not seem to have been followed up by the mother so possibly not as it is told.

I have never had an issue with Flybe, the majority of flights have been full, very rarely have they been less than 50% full.
They were all Flybe staff. I'm glad you had such success with them, I'd think a company who were great and had full flights all the time might be able to stay in business though?
Please go and have a look at the headlines about them or visit their Facebook page and see the number of complaints on a daily basis - far far worse than easyJet or Ryanair put together.
b00110908 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaft88
Gone all Goofy

DisneyDaft88's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I really hope they get sorted out, we have Flybe/Virgin flights in 2 weeks time doing Aberdeen - Manchester - Orlando.

We booked direct through Disney, does anyone know if our Flybe flight is something they would help us sort in the worst case scenario?
DisneyDaft88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ for 12 nights in our happy place!
Unread 14 Jan 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Dibbing with Tink

I rarely fly with Flybe, and have no comment to make on its customer service. The posts above did prompt me to look at how full its aircraft are.

Flybe load factors have mostly been in the 60-70% range for the last decade. A couple of times, after capacity cuts, they have got up to 75% (the latest figures I've seen are for 2018).

Ryanair is consistently over 95%, easyJet over 90%, BA (and all IAG carriers) are over 80%. The Flybe load factors suggest quite a few lightly loaded aircraft.

In an era when the public (rightly or wrongly) expects low fares, load factors need to be high to generate enough revenue from fares and ancillaries. Small/medium sized airlines, whose cost bases struggle to compete, are under immense pressure.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Andrea Leadsom has announced "Delighted that we have reached agreement with Flybes shareholders to keep the company operating, ensuring that UK regions remain connected.

"This will be welcome news for Flybes staff, customers and creditors and we will continue the hard work to ensure a sustainable future."
stanleycamel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote