Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Car Hire & Transportation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 9 Jan 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
Alibayparc
Disney's Yacht Club Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 10
Hi
If you dont mind getting a shuttle I would seriously consider FireFly with AutoEurope. August 27th one week rental. Renault Captur, zero excess including tyres, glass undercarriage & roof. 277 1 additional driver included. Never rented in Sicily but use AE and FireFly from Milan couple of times a year and never had any problems. Vehicles can be well used so I always takes lots of photos and every time the car has been signed off with a quick check that the fuel gauge is reading full.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
tocpe321
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber

 
tocpe321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 12
Originally Posted by Alibayparc View Post
Hi
If you dont mind getting a shuttle I would seriously consider FireFly with AutoEurope. August 27th one week rental. Renault Captur, zero excess including tyres, glass undercarriage & roof. 277 1 additional driver included. Never rented in Sicily but use AE and FireFly from Milan couple of times a year and never had any problems. Vehicles can be well used so I always takes lots of photos and every time the car has been signed off with a quick check that the fuel gauge is reading full.
Alex
Thanks for this information.

Good to hear some positives re Firefly.

There's loads of negative information about them on Trip Advisor and other sources.

Thanks, again.
__________________
tocpe
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Sicily
Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
#11
tocpe321
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber

 
tocpe321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 12
Well, finally found a deal that I was happy with. 2 weeks in August via the US Auto Europe site. With a Hertz 'station wagon' which is the same size as a medium size car (but cheaper) it was $293 basic package. I have upgraded this to full no deductible insurance, with 200 Euro hold on card and it comes out at about $340. Happy with this. Much cheaper than UK site. Last day of sale.

Edit

Rechecked and actually station wagon is shown as both medium and compact.



I'm still happy with price.
__________________
tocpe

Edited at 09:11 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Sicily
Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
#12
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

 
Mr Tom Morrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14
Location: The Tiki Room.

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Well done, a good find.
__________________

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
#13
tocpe321
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber

 
tocpe321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 12
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Well done, a good find.
Thanks Tom.

__________________
tocpe
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Sicily
Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
#14
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

 
Mexy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 12

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Well, finally found a deal that I was happy with. 2 weeks in August via the US Auto Europe site. With a Hertz 'station wagon' which is the same size as a medium size car (but cheaper) it was $293 basic package. I have upgraded this to full no deductible insurance, with 200 Euro hold on card and it comes out at about $340. Happy with this. Much cheaper than UK site. Last day of sale.
How did you get on the site ?

Edit that Ive booked a Fiat 500L , I cannot thank you enough everything now booked
__________________
LBV Spa resort October 2013
Bahama bay October/Nov 2015, 1 night Disney contemporary oct 2015, 1 night Loews rpr Nov 2015
Bahama bay October /Nov 2017, 1 night Disney contemporary oct 17 , 1 night AKL , 1 night GF
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , 1 night poly

Edited at 08:16 PM.
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Return to Sicily :)
Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
#15
tocpe321
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber

 
tocpe321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 12
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
How did you get on the site ?

Edit that Ive booked a Fiat 500L , I cannot thank you enough everything now booked
That's brilliant. Glad it worked out for us.

__________________
tocpe
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Sicily
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

Florida Escapes

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

theDIBB Menu


US Dollar Rates
Covent Garden FX  $1.2864
FAIRFX  $1.2715
John Lewis  $1.2751
M&S  $1.2538
Post Office  $1.2467
Sainsburys  $1.2636
Travelex  $1.2611
Updated: 21:30 25/02/2020

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,085
£

Euro Rates
Covent Garden FX  €1.1787
FAIRFX  €1.1685
John Lewis  €1.1745
M&S  €1.1555
Post Office  €1.1486
Sainsburys  €1.1651
Travelex  €1.1622
Updated: 21:30 25/02/2020

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Tue 25th Feb 4:52pm
Now: 28C/82F
Clear Sky
Clear Sky
Cloud Cover: 1%
Wind: 13mph - SW Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Gusting To: 21 mph
Pressure: 1012mb
Humidity: 51%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 21:50 25/02/2020