Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Jan 20, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieEars22
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile Galaxy's Edge but no Disney tickets

Hi all,

We're visiting in Aug for 15 nights and on this trip we're not doing Disney. Have Universal, Seaworld and Legoland tickets booked.

I'm ok with skipping Disney this trip but would really love to visit Galaxy's Edge.

Was hoping to book an After Dark event but there's none on sale for Hollywood Studios at the moment so thinking I may need a back up plan.

The only other option I can think of is buying one day passes for $384 which I can stretch to but may not get to experience all the rides etc during a normal day if they've moved to fast pass plus by then.

Even considered booking one of the All Stars to get early Fastpasses but with the tier system this still won't guarantee us both rides.

Any opinions? This is really annoying me
MinnieEars22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post

You are in the same boat as everybody else right now. I would suggest devising a plan much nearer the time as there is no way of knowing what system will be in place by August. I haven’t even got a plan yet and we go in April.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I agree with Claudette. I would wait and see what happens. I don’t think a one night stay gives you much advantage for FP anyway. It may end up being worth it for EMH but they often change so again I would hold off.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
As the others have said, I'd hold off making any definite plans at the moment. Maybe think about it more at the beginning of May?

If you want to visit GE then, clearly, you're going to need to buy at least some sort of ticket. Probably a 1 day ticket. Maybe an After Hours ticket is those are announced for the dates you are there. But you'd have to wait and see about that. I personally wouldn't book 1 night at an on-site resort. As sha9 says, it doesn't give you a huge advantage when it comes to booking fastpasses.

At the end of the day, if you plan only to visit on 1 day then you have to live with the probability that you may not get to go on all the rides. Instead, you may have to do them on your next trip when you might concentrate on Disney rather than the other parks.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ABZDisney

We were there in November for the week before & off Thanksgiving so HS & the rest of the parks were busy.
We were in HS by 7:30am for EMH the morning after we arrived, headed straight to the Falcon & were on & off in under an hour, we then walked into Oga's for breakfast before getting to our reservation for Savi's at 10:30am.
ROTR was not open at that time but on any number of evenings the Falcon was a walk on particularly in the hour before closing.
By August this year I would hope that the madness of boarding groups for ROTR is a distant memory & everything should have calmed down sufficiently to allow you to enjoy both rides & the land without too much pain, I assume FP+ will be in operation for both rides by that point.
Even without ROTR we were both blown away by GE, Disney really have nailed it this time.
November 2014 at Old Key West & The Yacht Club
November 2012 at The Swan
ABZDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieEars22

Mobile

Thanks all

Looks like I'll have to be patient for awhile longer 😒
MinnieEars22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List