Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 15 Jan 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
Well I caved in and rung student finance for advice for my own sanity. She went through the finance calculator and said as long as the course has the foundation year for it she would be funded. Big relief for me. Then at lunch time she got an unconditional offer for Bishop Grosseteste Lincoln. I'm keeping everything crossed she goes for this as its 3 hours from home not 6-7 so I can keep more of a check on her mental health this time and she will be able to stay under the team here for her condition.
Thats great news, especially the unconditional offer. Our daughter chose her university as its only an hour from home, plus its a good university and she liked it. But the big deciding factor for her was that she can get home for occasional weekends or we can get to her if she needed us.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Athens adventures
Unread 15 Jan 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
disneylover43
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 158
Originally Posted by Photogirl62 View Post
Real dilemma here today. DD already had a reduced offer for maths at Warwick which was her first choice and now shes just received an offer from Oxford! All undecided which to take now. Warwick swaying it slightly at the moment as she can also study particle physics alongside the maths there.

Good luck to those who are still waiting 🤞
Congratulations to your DD on her Oxford offer. My DD is in her 3rd year and has loved every minute of it. Such an amazing place to live and learn
Old Key West August 2012
Port Orleans Riverside August 2014
NY/HRH and Beach Club July/Aug 2016

Edited at 11:16 PM.
disneylover43 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Dublin with DS for his 18th
Unread 15 Jan 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
izzys
First POST

i'm usually just a dibb lurker (moleymole's daughter here!) but thought i'd post since this is very relevant for me at the minute!

i've applied for psychology at durham, ucl, bath (with placement year), warwick and birmingham.

i applied december 12th and got my first offer from durham a week later - reduced from AAA to AAB, but if i firm it, it's a contextual offer of BBB. very happy as durham is my first choice, and i'm looking forward to college allocation and the post-offer day next month.

this week i've also heard back from birmingham (AAA) and ucl (A*AA). i wasn't expecting to be accepted to ucl since i don't take any sciences other than psychology, and ucl prefers two and told me i'd be at a disadvantage because of that.

now just need to hear back from warwick and bath, but i think bath psychology offers with placement take notoriously long for people to receive. my heart is set on durham, even though the ucl offer is very tempting.
izzys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Just been catching up on this thread as I've been off the Dibb for a while

Such a lot of exciting news for lots of young Dibblets!
And still an anxious wait ahead for some

I posted earlier on the thread - but update on my son, he has the last of his Medicine interviews next month at St Andrews.
He had an unconditional offer for Astrophysics too, but is still considering a gap year and travelling abroad volunteering at the moment.

Looks like I might be on a similar thread for next year!
I'm in two minds about his decision to take a gap year but I suppose he will be a year older, wiser, and more mature, and as Medicine is a 6 year course I can kind of see why he might benefit from a year out.

Good luck to all!

Florida - 04, 05, 06, 08, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Cruises - 17 - Caribbean, 18 - Canaries, Far East/India/Dubai, Caribbean, Mexico, , , 19 - Med, China/Japan/HK+more
Other USA - California Nevada Arizona Utah New York New Mexico Colorado
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida fun - then Yacht Club Sept!
Unread 16 Jan 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Completely unrelated to the topic of this thread but my DD has just passed her driving test! Yay!

Although that does mean we will now have to sort out insurance on my little Citigo and maybe think about getting her her own car. It might make getting to and from Uni easier in the future though.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Anniversary trip to POFQ...
Unread 16 Jan 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Photogirl62
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Completely unrelated to the topic of this thread but my DD has just passed her driving test! Yay!

Although that does mean we will now have to sort out insurance on my little Citigo and maybe think about getting her her own car. It might make getting to and from Uni easier in the future though.
Thats brilliant! Well done your DD! 👏
Photogirl62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going back to the most magical place!
Unread 16 Jan 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Biscaya
Trainee Dibber

My DD is still in the midst of interviews! She has had interviews and offers from Huddersfield and Coventry and went to Sheffield yesterday. She's still got Northumbria and Liverpool to go in the next two weeks. Its all been very hectic since Christmas as she's had to reschedule a couple of her Mock exams because of interview clashes. I'll be so glad once she receives all decisions so that she know what her options are. She is applying for Occupational Therapy.

On another point does anyone know when we apply for student finance do we have to name their first choice course or is left open until after results? Thanks

Good luck to everyone still awaiting interviews / decisions
Biscaya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Big Apple for a Big birthday!
Unread 19 Jan 20, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Biscaya View Post
On another point does anyone know when we apply for student finance do we have to name their first choice course or is left open until after results? Thanks

Good luck to everyone still awaiting interviews / decisions
You put down your first choice and then change it if necessary later on

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Week in the sun