Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jan 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
izzys
New Poster (2)

i'm usually just a dibb lurker (moleymole's daughter here!) but thought i'd post since this is very relevant for me at the minute!

i've applied for psychology at durham, ucl, bath (with placement year), warwick and birmingham.

i applied december 12th and got my first offer from durham a week later - reduced from AAA to AAB, but if i firm it, it's a contextual offer of BBB. very happy as durham is my first choice, and i'm looking forward to college allocation and the post-offer day next month.

this week i've also heard back from birmingham (AAA) and ucl (A*AA). i wasn't expecting to be accepted to ucl since i don't take any sciences other than psychology, and ucl prefers two and told me i'd be at a disadvantage because of that.

now just need to hear back from warwick and bath, but i think bath psychology offers with placement take notoriously long for people to receive. my heart is set on durham, even though the ucl offer is very tempting.
izzys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Just been catching up on this thread as I've been off the Dibb for a while

Such a lot of exciting news for lots of young Dibblets!
And still an anxious wait ahead for some

I posted earlier on the thread - but update on my son, he has the last of his Medicine interviews next month at St Andrews.
He had an unconditional offer for Astrophysics too, but is still considering a gap year and travelling abroad volunteering at the moment.

Looks like I might be on a similar thread for next year!
I'm in two minds about his decision to take a gap year but I suppose he will be a year older, wiser, and more mature, and as Medicine is a 6 year course I can kind of see why he might benefit from a year out.

Good luck to all!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Completely unrelated to the topic of this thread but my DD has just passed her driving test! Yay!

Although that does mean we will now have to sort out insurance on my little Citigo and maybe think about getting her her own car. It might make getting to and from Uni easier in the future though.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Photogirl62
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Completely unrelated to the topic of this thread but my DD has just passed her driving test! Yay!

Although that does mean we will now have to sort out insurance on my little Citigo and maybe think about getting her her own car. It might make getting to and from Uni easier in the future though.
That’s brilliant! Well done your DD! 👏
2022: Highlands Reserve villa followed by Gulf Coast
Photogirl62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Biscaya
Excited about Disney

My DD is still in the midst of interviews! She has had interviews and offers from Huddersfield and Coventry and went to Sheffield yesterday. She's still got Northumbria and Liverpool to go in the next two weeks. Its all been very hectic since Christmas as she's had to reschedule a couple of her Mock exams because of interview clashes. I'll be so glad once she receives all decisions so that she know what her options are. She is applying for Occupational Therapy.

On another point does anyone know when we apply for student finance do we have to name their first choice course or is left open until after results? Thanks

Good luck to everyone still awaiting interviews / decisions
Biscaya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Biscaya View Post
On another point does anyone know when we apply for student finance do we have to name their first choice course or is left open until after results? Thanks

Good luck to everyone still awaiting interviews / decisions
You put down your first choice and then change it if necessary later on

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Biscaya
Excited about Disney

Thanks Galaxyflorida
Biscaya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post

Congratulations, well done your DD
Old 20 Jan 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lottie2004
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My son has now had all his offers in and his firm choice will be Lancaster - they have reduced the offer to ABB - so at least he now knows what he has got to do !
I’m still feeling anxious due to the distance and his Autism but he is adamant that he does not want Plymouth !
Just the small matter of actually achieving the grades LOL !
Good luck to everyone xx
Lottie2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lottie2004 View Post
My son has now had all his offers in and his firm choice will be Lancaster - they have reduced the offer to ABB - so at least he now knows what he has got to do !
I’m still feeling anxious due to the distance and his Autism but he is adamant that he does not want Plymouth !
Just the small matter of actually achieving the grades LOL !
Good luck to everyone xx
Congratulations to your Son. Lancaster seems like a lovely place. I really liked it when we visited. I feel the same about the distance, we are in Kent. My DD has an unconditional from Lancaster with an excellence scholarship if she hits the A*s. So it is a big contender for her. She’s happy to Firm Lancaster if she doesn’t get offers from her top two.