Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Jan 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Has anyone tried phoning them? The number on the webpage says available 24/7 but I just phoned and got a recorded message re opening hours. It’s supposed to be open until 8.00 pm on Sundays according to the message.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Worrying . Just booked a 12 seater van with them a few days ago. Hope it's nothing to serious and is just a technical issue.
Loobylou_82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Aero
Helping Minnie

Ive checked my booking with alamo and its all still there. So no need to worry!
Aero is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Aero View Post
Ive checked my booking with alamo and its all still there. So no need to worry!
I’m not worried about that at all. Once you get the voucher you’re all good to go from that angle. It’s the possible data breach that’s more concerning, if there has been a hack.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Yes I have got my voucher and have been on Budget website and booking there, so hopefully it won't get cancelled. Do you think I should cancel the card I paid it with incase it is a breach of security ?
Loobylou_82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
R250
New Poster (5)

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Yes I have got my voucher and have been on Budget website and booking there, so hopefully it won't get cancelled. Do you think I should cancel the card I paid it with incase it is a breach of security ?
Personally - no I wouldn’t.
It’s pure speculation by some on here.

Denial of service attacks etc are not the same as being ‘hacked’ and both of these are again, speculation with no evidence of anything of the sort occurring.

I should add that under PCI compliance they aren’t storing all of the card details required for someone else to be making purchases. Nor are any details that are stored done so without encryption etc.

Data breaches of that nature have to be self reported to the ICO and your card issuers would already be aware.

Edited at 12:03 PM.
R250 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

I booked Alamo through auto europe on 9th Jan but can't get into online check in which is worrying. I've tried Alamo.co.uk and Alamo.com.
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minimum77 View Post
I booked Alamo through auto europe on 9th Jan but can't get into online check in which is worrying. I've tried Alamo.co.uk and Alamo.com.
Have you got your voucher? Is your booking there with Alamo ? I can go on Bugdet site and see my booking is still there with them.
Old 20 Jan 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Auto Europe site still down. Not liking this at all. Just been on Auto Europe EU website and they are down as well but there is a message there saying it's down for maintenance.

Edited at 02:16 PM.
Old 20 Jan 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Have you got your voucher? Is your booking there with Alamo ? I can go on Bugdet site and see my booking is still there with them.
I have the voucher and I could access it previously on Alamo but not now.
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List