Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Attraction Tickets
Unread 31 Mar 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
kzrr02
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile ESTA help - middle names

Hi. So Ive done my Estas last October for our trip this year and its been approved. Now I cant remember if I filled in middle names and whether it was needed for the application. When i received my confirmation email,
it only shows name and surname.

Will this be a problem if middle names are required?
kzrr02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I dont think it will be a problem.
Thousands will have traveled to the US with recent ESTAs with no middle name. I suspect the vast majority will be wrong as it isn't at all obvious that middle name is needed.
I haven't heard of anyone being denied travel for this or refused entry.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
roop27
First POST

I believe when I read my application, it asked for ALL given names that are written on your passport. It might be worthwhile logging in again and checking if you can remember the ID etc.
roop27 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Dibbers who have travelled since the change was made, without middle names on their ESTAs, have reported back that they didn't have any problems

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip 29th March - 12th April 2017
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana!
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Planning Japan - 2021 birthday surprise!
Unread 31 Mar 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

There have been a few threads on this in recent weeks.
I don't think there is a problem if you did the ESTA before the requirement change.
I seem to recall people using "old" ESTA's no problems.
I've not heard of any actual issues with anybody having issues due to a lack of both names. It's more people scared they might hit issues.
Most people that did first name only after the change because they were unaware of the change and were just filling is as per previous ESTAs have been approved as they expected. However the common path seems to be to resubmit with middle names included just to be on the safe side. I can't remember anyone confirming they did first names only after the change, left it as was and confirmed they got in without issue.

If you dig out the old threads or somebody posts links, you can get a better picture as you will undoubtedly pay more attention than I did. My key takeaway was to do ours correctly first time
Unread 31 Mar 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
kzrr02
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Dibbers who have travelled since the change was made, without middle names on their ESTAs, have reported back that they didn't have any problems
When was this change made?
kzrr02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
kzrr02
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
There have been a few threads on this in recent weeks.
I don't think there is a problem if you did the ESTA before the requirement change.
I seem to recall people using "old" ESTA's no problems.
I've not heard of any actual issues with anybody having issues due to a lack of both names. It's more people scared they might hit issues.
Most people that did first name only after the change because they were unaware of the change and were just filling is as per previous ESTAs have been approved as they expected. However the common path seems to be to resubmit with middle names included just to be on the safe side. I can't remember anyone confirming they did first names only after the change, left it as was and confirmed they got in without issue.

If you dig out the old threads or somebody posts links, you can get a better picture as you will undoubtedly pay more attention than I did. My key takeaway was to do ours correctly first time
I took ages doing ours and I cant remember if I did or did not do middle names or even if it was asked. Im pretty sure I would have clicked on the little question mark for more info which does
say middle names are required. Its not showing on the confirmation though.
Unread 31 Mar 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It wasnt in our last application but as its coming up to 2 years Ive just renewed . On a heads up for anyone completing estas It does clearly state on your uk passport given name on top of your forenames.
This is a stock sample photo
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , 1 night poly

Edited at 06:28 PM.
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Return to Sicily :)
QuickSilver