Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.
Unread 28 Sep 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarahcop
Gone all Goofy

Mobile HELP-due to Thomas Cook mess

Im going to try and book my ADRs myself!
I had planned on it being done by the agency I had booked with but with all the limbo Im going to try on Monday.
We go (HOPEFULLY) for 10 days next March/April.
I have not looked into much. What are the musts!
All help appreciated please
Sarahcop is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
VIP Dibber

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Have you got the dining plan, DDP or QSDP? Also what are the ages of people in your party?
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarahcop
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

DDP Husband and I (in 40s) daughters will be 12 & 9
Sarahcop is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
VIP Dibber

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

The first thing that we always book is Sunday Brunch at California Grill. I think your party would love it, but even if youre not too sure if you want to go book it for now, its easy to cancel, but hard to get hold of later.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sarahcop View Post
Im going to try and book my ADRs myself!
I may have missed something obvious but isn't that what you have to do anyway? The agents don't book your ADRs...
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Juniors second trip to Disney!
Unread 28 Sep 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarahcop
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

That service was the reason I used that agency. The planning intimidated me to the point of tears
Unread 28 Sep 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Getting Excited

Dont over worry. There are some restaurants that are hard to get beyond the 180 days, but there are loads where if you want more time to think thats no problem. And, if you havent made reservations and really want to go somewhere when you arrive, they often have walk ups available or your hotel will try to get you in
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Were going sailing
Unread 28 Sep 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
BellaBess
Getting Excited

Mobile

We usually look at the restaurants and write a list of which ones we like . Everyone likes different we like be our guests for lunch garden grill in epcot for breakfast ohanas for evening meal. Once we have picked which ones we fancy we do a rough day plan using busy day guides then once we know which parks doing what day we know which ADR we need for that day. As if we were doing epcot that morning we booked garden grill for breakfast.
We just did Disney 2 days on our trip this year so didnt make any ADR in advance but on the day when went on to APP to book most had last minute availability on the day.
If you book any now then decided later on you want to change as long as you cancel more than 24 hours before you wont be charged.
The ADR were easy to make using the Disney APP we just made sure to book the ones we really wanted first which was be our guest and Ohahans as they tended to be hardest.
Did you have to give the agents a list of what you wanted or was you letting them pick for you?
BellaBess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Birthday trip