Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Unread 18 Oct 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Nationwide flex travel insurance

Has anyone elses policy just come up for renewal? Ours is due next month and DH usually just rings up and gets his conditions added (on meds for high blood pressure & cholesteral). This has been added for the past 4 years for free. They now want 30 as insurance costs have gone up (even though he's no more risk ).

So now thinking of closing account ( depending if we can get a reasonably price policy elsewhere?).

Does anyone have any tips on what companies to try?

EDIT... just priced up breakdown cover and looks like we would still be worse off to move as it covers that too (also phone cover)... Be prepared though if you are due for renewal

Edited at 01:23 PM.
ELLENUT is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 18 Oct 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

30 extra isnt to bad for the cover they give, you will be hard to beat it.
Remember he is now a year older so this may now fall into a higher risk bracket for them.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Aug 2020 - PORS
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Happy days in:
Unread 18 Oct 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Plus the Flex Plus account T & C's are changing ref interest on the balance you hold.

I already pay circa 105 on top and my Wife circa 70 so I'm not looking forward to renewal at the end of November.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Pagan8c
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I have just opened 1 of these accounts and even with the 212 extra they want for my wife and I medical stuff it is still probably cheaper than a lot of straight insurance buys. I have also just claimed on the phone policy as my wifes phone wouldn't charge so it cost 25 to repair so 1 bonus used. As for breakdown I have a 1 year old car which has 3 years cover so won't be using it. For my existing medical problems I thought it was a bit pricey but having done comparison checks it is still one of the cheapest and covers us for a whole years and not just 1 holiday.
Pagan8c is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Big Birthday Holiday.
Unread 18 Oct 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Plus the Flex Plus account T & C's are changing ref interest on the balance you hold.

I already pay circa 105 on top and my Wife circa 70 so I'm not looking forward to renewal at the end of November.
I know, its so annoying, the 6 interest a month offset the 13 fee for us
ELLENUT is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 18 Oct 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

We cancelled our account, it was 90 extra for pre-existing conditions and we when it was up for renewal last year we had no plans to go anywhere plus we sold DH's car so only have one now so it wasn't worth it for the breakdown.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I just rang as I take medication for high cholesterol and had informed them previously but have not been charged extra so I wanted to check Im still covered. Apparently its one medication/ one illness per person so as I only take one tablet and have no other illnesses, then I am covered at no extra charge. Definitely worth ringing to check though
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Athens adventures
Unread 18 Oct 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I just rang as I take medication for high cholesterol and had informed them previously but have not been charged extra so I wanted to check Im still covered. Apparently its one medication/ one illness per person so as I only take one tablet and have no other illnesses, then I am covered at no extra charge. Definitely worth ringing to check though
Thanks DH takes 2 tablets so that could be why. We are not anticipating going away next year so may just not pay the 30 extra until we decide to go away. i will ring them and check that we are still covered for everything else though incase we do a UK break.