Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Unread 20 Nov 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile Clothes smelling musty

Hi!

I have a dress that smells musty every time I wear it. Other things that go in the wash with it come out smelling fine. I tumble dry things, but Im wondering if it needs a lot longer than the other things and therefore its still damp when I take it out? Its only ever this one dress, so its weird. Ive never used tumble dryer sheets before, would they help?
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ
Unread 20 Nov 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I had this with a pair of jeans and one of my work polo shirts - they'd always smell damp even though washed and dried with other similar items that were fine - I don't use a dryer though, they get hung on a clothes horse. I now wash them at 60 and they smell fine. It might be risky with a dress but it's one option!
Unread 20 Nov 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

JoJo88's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
DS has a thing with his school jumpers, however with him, theyre fine when he leaves the house, but when he gets home his jumpers are really musty. Poor kid, I sniff him whenever he comes in! We think perhaps it might be the school bus, but Im having to stop myself sniffing his mates too to see if theyre the same

He also has a drawer of football shirts and some of them develop a funny smell, yet his brothers shirts dont. Its very frustrating not knowing why!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
All over for another year...
Unread 20 Nov 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Try white vinegar in the softener bit of your washing machine. My son's fleece onsie developed an 'interesting' aroma which was zapped by vinegar.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 19, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I don't have a tumble dryer and dry my washing in front of my log fire. I swear by home bargains little pearl balls/or Tesco own brand. they make your clothes smell lovely.

In home bargains it was Lenor un stoppable for a few pounds.
Unread 21 Nov 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Dettol do a spray for clothes .I just used it on a dry clean only skirt and it really smells lovely
Maybe try one of those

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 21 Nov 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

lenor dryer sheets. use them in the dryer, but also put them in your drawers with your clothes to make things smell fresher for longer!
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
another cheeky trip!
Unread 21 Nov 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkstargirl View Post
I . I now wash them at 60 and they smell fine. It might be risky with a dress but it's one option!
I wash at 60 where I can or 50 lowest - high temps needed to activate all the enzyme things in wash powder I read somewhere. Cant be doing with cool washes - dry clothes thoroughly and then iron hot and air again for 24 hrs before putting away in wardrobes. All my clothes smell fresh )I have a lavender bags in my wardrobes too - deters moths and I love the smell when I open the doors )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote