Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Buy and Sell DVC
Unread 4 Dec 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
VIP Dibber

Secret Santa rant

Just got an email at work that I've been assigned a Secret Santa buddy.

I didn't agree to this - it seems somebody has got it into their head to arrange one and just include everybody in it without actually asking people if they wanted to take part.

I hate these things. It's just pointless consumerism. Now I have to spend money (which frankly is in short suppy at Xmas, even if it is only 10), and spend time trying to find something (and the person I got is actually my boss which makes it worse).

And I feel bad that somebody else has to spend time and money on me. I don't want anything!

I'm fully aware that I sound like a grumpy old humbug (not denying it!)
neilhd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
HRH and AKL 2020
Unread 4 Dec 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree with you.
vampiress88 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second Disney holiday!
Unread 4 Dec 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree and opt out of our works one. I wouldn't be happy to have been included without asking.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

You are suiting your Avatar today Neil lol
Unread 4 Dec 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

I think it should definitely be something you opt into! There are a number of reasons why someone might not want to take part in something like this.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Razzamagique @ DLP
Unread 4 Dec 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
VIP Dibber

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Grab a box of chocolates and be done with it, my son has a Christmas buffet at work and said hes not going. He is working on click and collect and said he cant be bothered because hes on his own and busy and has to try to nip away for a sausage roll!
Munich for daughters 18th birthday!
Link to this Post
JanetteP
VIP Dibber

JanetteP's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I agree with you- but only your last sentence.

Janette
ALK, HRH Lakeside Haven September 2019, Lakeside Haven RPR May 2019. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa August 2018. SSR, Aurora Villa May 2018. Kidani AKL, RPR Champion Florida Villa 2017, Staybridge Suites LBV, White Blossom & Owens Villa 2016 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 2016, Magic Landings 2015, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 2012, Highgrove 2009, Legacy Park 2007, Indian Point 2006 and 2005, Florida Pines 2004

Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Staybridge Suites SW & Arkvilla
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

I actually dont mind the secret Santa thing usually but at work we have a new set of people on our team. 4 new people who I really dont know the first thing about. They all joke about my friend because she has a request list for her secret Santa but Im this instance I am 100% in agreement. On my list I put that Im not a fan of chocolate and I dont drink, I like smellies (shower gels etc) simple enough guidelines (hers is more specific with items/shops/colours etc) but at least guidelines giving people ideas.
So when our secret Santa is randomly generated and I get the one person who I am totally clueless about and NEED hints we argue the toss in favour of hints - my secret Santa replies Im easy get me anything😡😡😡
Since alcohol was taken off the table as most of us dont drink, she absolutely does not look like the kind of person who likes pampering herself or anything I am truly puzzled and do this year yeah Im not happy about it.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First trip as a couple in 25 years!