Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Dec 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Secret Santa rant

Just got an email at work that I've been assigned a Secret Santa buddy.

I didn't agree to this - it seems somebody has got it into their head to arrange one and just include everybody in it without actually asking people if they wanted to take part.

I hate these things. It's just pointless consumerism. Now I have to spend money (which frankly is in short suppy at Xmas, even if it is only £10), and spend time trying to find something (and the person I got is actually my boss which makes it worse).

And I feel bad that somebody else has to spend time and money on me. I don't want anything!

I'm fully aware that I sound like a grumpy old humbug (not denying it!)
Old 4 Dec 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree with you.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree and opt out of our works one. I wouldn't be happy to have been included without asking.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

You are suiting your Avatar today Neil lol
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

I think it should definitely be something you opt into! There are a number of reasons why someone might not want to take part in something like this.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Grab a box of chocolates and be done with it, my son has a Christmas buffet at work and said he’s not going. He is working on click and collect and said he can’t be bothered because he’s on his own and busy and has to try to nip away for a sausage roll!
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

I agree with you- but only your last sentence.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

I actually don’t mind the secret Santa thing usually but at work we have a new set of people on our team. 4 new people who I really don’t know the first thing about. They all joke about my friend because she has a request list for her secret Santa but I’m this instance I am 100% in agreement. On my list I put that I’m not a fan of chocolate and I don’t drink, I like smellies (shower gels etc) simple enough guidelines (hers is more specific with items/shops/colours etc) but at least guidelines giving people ideas.
So when our secret Santa is randomly generated and I get the one person who I am totally clueless about and NEED hints we argue the toss in favour of hints - my secret Santa replies “I’m easy get me anything”😡😡😡
Since alcohol was taken off the table as most of us don’t drink, she absolutely does not look like the kind of person who likes pampering herself or anything I am truly puzzled and do this year yeah I’m not happy about it.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

Box of chocolates and some scratch cards haha, that’s what I got one year and I won £50 on the scratch cards!
Old 4 Dec 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I never participated and my Secretary’s job was to gatekeeper me from this stuff.
She also ensured my corridor or office had no decorations

Is Secret Santa an American idea?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List