Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Unread 8 Dec 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

Mobile Virgin Schedule change

Just had an email from virgin that we have had two schedule changes. First one is just the outward flight leaving 15 minutes earlier which is fine. The second is that we are on the earlier flight to Manchester VS76 instead of VS74. We were originally on the 19.20 flight but this doesnt seem to exist now on that day or the day before which is a Saturday. There seems to be two flights on all the other days so why just this Saturday and Sunday would they revert to the one flight? Does this happen often and if so why?
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Miami and the Keys
Unread 8 Dec 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Not sure when you are going but if sales are down then they merge flights. Perhaps both planes were less than half full

June 2006, August 2007, September 2018, January 2019, September 2019
lizzie145 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to Disney
Unread 8 Dec 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Not sure when you are going but if sales are down then they merge flights. Perhaps both planes were less than half full
Our return flight is Sunday 19th July from Orlando. This is the one that has now got just the one flight or appears to when I search for the schedules.

We fly out from Heathrow on 4th July to Miami and that is just leaving a little earlier so not a problem.
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Miami and the Keys
Unread 8 Dec 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

My flights on my trip last year changed and Virgin didn't bother to let me know. I found out about it on here after someone who was travelling on the same flights as me posted about it. On checking Manage My Booking I found out that I had been moved too.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Third solo trip - POFQ and Polynesian!
Unread 8 Dec 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
My flights on my trip last year changed and Virgin didn't bother to let me know. I found out about it on here after someone who was travelling on the same flights as me posted about it. On checking Manage My Booking I found out that I had been moved too.
They notified us last night attaching the new schedule to the email. Did they give a reason for the change?
Miami and the Keys
Unread 8 Dec 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by birdiesX4 View Post
They notified us last night attaching the new schedule to the email. Did they give a reason for the change?
Like I said, they didn't actually let me know about the changes - I found out about them on here.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Third solo trip - POFQ and Polynesian!
Unread 8 Dec 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Like I said, they didn't actually let me know about the changes - I found out about them on here.
Bad enough getting the changes but not letting you know is shocking. Thank goodness for the dibb.
Miami and the Keys
Unread 8 Dec 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

PPM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 6
You have to be careful on how you set up your preferences for receiving emails, texts, phone calls etc in manage my booking just after you have booked.

A tick, or lack of one in a box, and no emails from then on. How do I know? I did exactly that with VA a few years ago. I wasnt getting any emails about changes ( which I found out about on the Dibb ), so I called VA. The rep advised me that Id wrongly filled my preferences and told me what ones to change as she couldnt do it, it had to be the originator.
So I went in and changed it and got emails after that. I even got one saying Id changed my preferences!

Maybe worth checking how yours is set up.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
RC Flying Corfu 1 week May 2 weeks Aug
Attraction Tickets