Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 26 Dec 19, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Lighting and Headaches

Ive been having an issue in one of the Courtrooms I work in, in that I come away with a headache. Depending how long Im there it can be mild and easily solved with paracetamol or it can be very painful, with me being photosensitive and painkillers dont touch it. The problem is the lights flicker ever so slightly. Ive reported it to the maintenance people but seeing as theyve not fixed chairs which have been broken for years Im not optimistic of a fix.

I also felt a headache coming on yesterday at my uncles and it seems there was a slight flicker to his lights too. Not sure why as the bulbs all seemed to be fine.

Anyway, my Dad suggested that glasses with an anti-glare coating might help. I dont wear/need glasses but it seems you can get there as gear glass with this coating on and prepared to give it a try if it would help.

I just wondered if anyone has had a similar issue and whether my Dads suggestion might work? Or if anyone has other ideas?
Unread 26 Dec 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I wear glasses with ever such a slight browny/yellow tint to them for this very reason. I got them when I was in France and a lot of the lights in their department stores triggered migraines.

apparently it is "a thing",

perhaps anti-glare coating works the same way?
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Ask to see occupational health as they may be able to recommend something and perhaps your employer can pay for it

June 2006, August 2007, September 2018, January 2019, September 2019
lizzie145 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to Disney
Unread 26 Dec 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

I cant have the lights on in my office as I get an instant headache! My office isnt massive but we have 4 really big lights and its just too much.
Been to Florida several times throughout the 80's,90's,1999 to see in the millenium,back in Oct 2009 to spread my dads ashes & first time on our own as a family in March 2012. Going back in May 2013 - 1 week Orlando and 1 week St Pete beach. To say I'm excited is an understatement!
Ryles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
August 2020 again!
Unread 26 Dec 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
slightly serious Dibber

I also suffer from headaches and migraines from flickering lights. Im usually ok with house lights, although Ive had to change our new LEDs in the kitchen as they were giving me headaches. Driving when the sun is low and flicking past trees sets me off.
Id try and write a letter regarding health to the maintenance team, and maybe carry some sunglasses if/when you can wear them if you feel a headache coming on.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Third Once In A Lifetime holiday :)
Unread 26 Dec 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Cuxi
Imagineer

I bet a dollar your local optician could suggest something ...
Cuxi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Return ...
Unread 26 Dec 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I don't need glasses but wear them with an anti glare coating in shops
Commercial buildings in fact anywhere with fluorescent lights they drive me nuts
Low sunlight in the winter or walkingbthe dogs near water flashing sun through trees when driving etc
The glasses do help
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going coast to coast with Hawaii too
Unread 26 Dec 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I wear glasses but do have the anti glare on to stop it triggering my headaches especially because I work in a school and the strip lights are the worse.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2nd Once in a lifetime WDW holiday oops
My Magic Holiday