Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Car Hire & Transportation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.
Unread 14 Jan 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
It will be interesting to see how this all pans out for those on here who are renting for only 'part stay'

However it's non issue really as by monitoring your Guest Folio the issue can be spotted and dealt with in one phone call from the room.

Took me 2 mins to get my May 19 charges removed when we had a week at CSR on a cash booking and they hadn't applied the UK exemption.

It's not for the Guest to prove they don't have a car on a particular night it's Disney who have to prove they do.

As we know Disney does err on the side of caution anyhow as we see how much they are 'comping' recently. Keep the Guest happy!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 07:55 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
It will be interesting to see how this all pans out for those on here who are renting for only 'part stay'

However it's non issue really as by monitoring your Guest Folio the issue can be spotted and dealt with in one phone call from the room.

Took me 2 mins to get my May 19 charges removed when we had a week at CSR on a cash booking and they hadn't applied the UK exemption.

It's not for the Guest to prove they don't have a car on a particular night it's Disney who have to prove they do.

As we know Disney does err on the side of caution anyhow as we see how much they are 'comping' recently. Keep the Guest happy!
Yeah I reckon it'll be easy to get them to remove the charges. Personally I think you shouldn't have to. They could easily issue parking permits if they wanted to.
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney2019 View Post
They could easily issue parking permits if they wanted to.
that's what they used to do before they moved to mymagic+ and magic bands

a few years ago, you were given a parking permit at check in, with check out date and barcode on it, and you had to display it on your dashboard whenever you were in the hotel parking lot
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
that's what they used to do before they moved to mymagic+ and magic bands

a few years ago, you were given a parking permit at check in, with check out date and barcode on it, and you had to display it on your dashboard whenever you were in the hotel parking lot
You would think they would return to such a system now that it's no longer free.
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

You would think they would return to such a system now that it's no longer free.
and admit they have spent over a billion dollars to move to dematerialized systems, and now revert to the old paper permit system ?

nope ... much better to have cast members deal with overcharge, and possibily give compensation
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
and admit they have spent over a billion dollars to move to dematerialized systems, and now revert to the old paper permit system ?

nope ... much better to have cast members deal with overcharge, and possibily give compensation
But anyone can enter property in their car for free, I think they need a better system.

Three fast passes to say sorry gets a bit old when you end up with a charge on your card.
Unread 14 Jan 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I check in on Saturday in a hire car, but I'm dropping it off at the car care place the same day. I'll update this thread to let people know what happens.

It's daft really as I've been into other hotels for a meal etc. There's nothing to stop me just telling the guard I'm there for breakfast and then my car won't be recorded as arriving on site and I won't be charged.
We picked up a car at Tampa upon arrival, drove to the Beach Club where I dropped the family off to check-in and I then exited the Beach Club to drop the car off at the Dolphin next door, a little over an hour after picking it up.

We weren't charged for any parking - neither 1-night nor length-of-stay - at the Beach Club.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Last-minute week in the sun
Unread 14 Jan 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
We picked up a car at Tampa upon arrival, drove to the Beach Club where I dropped the family off to check-in and I then exited the Beach Club to drop the car off at the Dolphin next door, a little over an hour after picking it up.

We weren't charged for any parking - neither 1-night nor length-of-stay - at the Beach Club.
How long ago was this?