Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Jan 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney2019 View Post
You'd get charged now if you were staying on site and entered in a car for the day.

you're only charged if you stay overnight
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Disney2019 View Post
You'd get charged now if you were staying on site and entered in a car for the day.
I don't think you would - I didn't leave the car overnight. I wasn't much different to an Uber dropping off.

I also don't think those from off-site who visit a WDW resort to dine would be charged as, again, their car is not left overnight.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I don't think you would - I didn't leave the car overnight. I wasn't much different to an Uber dropping off.

I also don't think those from off-site who visit a WDW resort to dine would be charged as, again, their car is not left overnight.
They have no way out knowing if I left the resort ten minutes later or left the car parked up for two weeks.

I'll find out on Saturday.
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinKing
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
However it's non issue really as by monitoring your Guest Folio the issue can be spotted and dealt with in one phone call from the room.
Hey Tom, please could you explain for me what the Guest Folio is and how you check it? Is it an online document or app, or do you have to call or check it with font desk?

Forgive my ignorance, first trip to WDW will be this April

Edited at 10:27 PM.
PumpkinKing is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by PumpkinKing View Post
Hey Tom, please could you explain for me what the Guest Folio is and how you check it? Is it an online document or app, or do you have to call or check it with font desk?

Forgive my ignorance, first trip to WDW will be this April
Hi. If you go into the MDE App where you book meals and FPS etc you will see your Resort listed.
Click on that and it opens up a separate page. In there you can get directions, telephone numbers etc.
Also though you can see any and all expenditure you have incurred be it a souvenir or a meal and also car parking charges.

Edit. The guest folio is only active whilst you are there not before or after your vacation.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I just don't see the advantage of staying onsite anymore. We stayed back in 1998 when parking at hotels and the parks was included if staying onsite. Apart from 60 day fp booking and the odd emh what else do you get?

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019

Mobile

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
I just don't see the advantage of staying onsite anymore. We stayed back in 1998 when parking at hotels and the parks was included if staying onsite. Apart from 60 day fp booking and the odd emh what else do you get?
Free dining mainly imo. Without that then it wouldn't happen for long stays.
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

From what I can work out, the Guard marks your folio at the gate when you arrive to show you have a car. As you do not have a car on check in day there will be no marker on the account. I am unsure if the Magic band will grant access or not to the barrier when you do have a car, you may have to speak to the guard so he can put the marker on the folio once you drive back with the car.
Old 17 Jan 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosemck
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
From what I can work out, the Guard marks your folio at the gate when you arrive to show you have a car. As you do not have a car on check in day there will be no marker on the account. I am unsure if the Magic band will grant access or not to the barrier when you do have a car, you may have to speak to the guard so he can put the marker on the folio once you drive back with the car.
On check in I will obviously say no we don't have a car but will be getting one and I'm sure they will be able to say what happens in that situation, you never know the gate may open with my magic band without paying the charges (wishful thinking) I'll update after our trip the outcome, never know possible loophole 🤷
Rosemck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019

Mobile

Well today I checked in with a car.

They added the car charge x14 to the booking as expected. As I was dropping it off at Car Care later that day I mentioned it to guest services and they removed the charge. They said that as I was coming back into CBR with a car later that day I may need to get them to remove charges again.

After the parks we came back and the auto open barrier didn't work, the reason she gave was that it doesn't start working until you open your door for the first time (which I hadn't yet done). She just opened the barrier for me.

No charges showing now.

I think I could probably rent a car now and get into site, but I'm not planning on doing so.

It's all a bit daft as there's nothing to stop someone from just saying they're there for lunch when they drive in for the first time.