Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 21 Oct 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
FoxRed
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by Philma View Post
Oh we a unsure what to do now... we have booked an intimate wedding at Paradise Cove, and thought we would pop our invites out early just to let our few family member that we were inviting know dates etc. It turns out now that we have 30 coming...which i'm really excited about. I have emailed Kayli at Paradise to ask her if we should have a reception there now we have 30 guests... just a wee bit unsure if 30 (32 including us) is enough for a reception? We had originally planned to go for a nice meal after wedding but I feel we should maybe plan something a bit more special as we have so many family members paying quite a lot of money to spend our wedding day with us? I wonder what everyone else does if have a lot of family members flying over with them?
Hey

I'm getting married at Paradise Cove too!
I have just under 40 people coming to our wedding and we are having both the ceremony and reception there. Hopefully you can do the same?

Intl Drive 1995 : Kissimmee 1998 : Highland Reserve 2014 :
Hampton Lakes 2015 : Polo Park 2016: Formosa Gardens 2018
FoxRed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post

So this is only my 2nd post on this board!
I'm a lurker

We got engaged last May, when Jasmine got to our table at CRT my OH said a cheesy line about the genie not being there but he hoped I'd make his wish come true.
Someone filmed it, they were getting ready for their kids to meet Jasmine but they got a 32 year old fat woman crying

We were going to get married in the UK with our immediate family next October and booked the honeymoon at WDW for the first 2 weeks in November.

We're having second thoughts after my OH sent me a link to a couple who went on holiday, got married and sent postcards to everyone to let them know they'd got married.

If we don't invite ANYONE then EVERYONE is equally as offended! Right?
We're getting married for us, not them.

I kind of don't know where to start! I was stumped with a UK wedding to be perfectly honest!

I've been looking at the Disney Weddings site but we're going to have to look for something cheaper I think.

I'm trawling through this part of the forum on my next day off work and get some planning started!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Going to a family wedding on a cruise ship @ Port Canaveral in 3 weeks

Any advise on dress code for something like that ? Will probably still be quite warm (and a sea breeze)

So easy for a man in the UK, just need to where a Suit and Tie - Sorted !

Guessing suit will probably be overkill ?
Old 11 Nov 17, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

All of you seem so organised & know what you want or have booked already!

My fiance proposed in June just gone & we're baffled as to what to do! We've viewed a few & priced up/emailed dozens of venues but have the whole numbers & who to invite being the main headache.

We have 18 nights in Orlando booked in April coming & both seriously thinking of tying the knot just the two of us over there in Discovery Cove to save all the stress (we already have our tickets booked & I've emailed to check availability that morning). BUT I know it'd break my parents hearts if they weren't there & I would love them there too! Its so tough! Neither could fly that far

How did you all come to the conclusion that's what you wanted to do etc & breaking the news to people?
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 17, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We are getting married in Florida next year but we did seriously consider a small UK elopement with just closest family.
Gretna was one option we looked at and also there are some lovely historic registry offices in the U.K. (We looked at Maidstone which was a Bishop's palace originally for example) . We were going to have a midweek morning ceremony then take the family out for a nice lunch then head for the airport ready to fly out the next morning.

However instead we are having a small ceremony here goo.gl/images/m3rQnG

Edited at 08:29 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Morganza
slightly serious Dibber

We had around 36 guests at Paradise Cove for wedding and reception and it was perfect. It was so beautiful and so relaxed. There were a few kids and it was great they could run about and play.

We also booked the bridal house for make up and hair for a few of us and had a wee pre-wedding party. It was the most wonderful day.
Morganza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We are getting married at Rosen Plaza on international drive next April.