Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 11 Oct 16, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

Hi

We are having Joanie's Special package and there will be the two of us and our 8 year old son.xx
This includes seagrass aisle runner, seashell necklaces (keepsake for people back home) and chairs but just going to have two either side as (sadly lost both my parents so this will represent absent loved ones xx) photos, and sand ceremony as thought would be nice for son to be involved.xx

We are getting married at 11am and using Joanie's office for me to get ready.

She has changed her approved people for hair etc this year and has now recommended one I'm using that's Hair by Tracy and have booked her and sent a video of how I'm thinking of having my hair but may change my mind on day by her recommendations lol xx Again she has been very good with all correspondence and am meeting her at the Bridal room on the day at 9.15 am

Will prob just pick up some flowers from somewhere local as not really into flowers.

Travelling to Cocoa Beach day before and stopping over night before wedding to remove any stress on Wedding Day of travelling xx

Will get licence in 1st week of being in Florida but filling form in beforehand.

Any questions please ask and will answer any I can xxx
dreamcatcher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 16, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
duffman240177
Apprentice Imagineer

We used Joanies office for hair and make after driving down from our Villa. We got married at 11am, if i could do it all over again i would possibly do a sunrise wedding because we are squinting in all of our pictures due to the sun. I was in my dress for the ceremony and a few pics after then changed into a maxi dress as i was about to pass out! The temp was 38 at 11am! There isn't much in the way of Restaurants around Cocoa, we used Coconuts on the Beach a few people we know have driven back up to Orlando and done a Disney park. The Hilton in cocoa is lovely though we stayed here last year before our cruise-that is another possibility, board a cruise after your wedding!
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/postImages/...4f35bf2197.jpg
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/postImages/...f118d43818.jpg

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/postImages/...46bfb0c996.jpg
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/postImages/...a55dda575f.jpg

2015- Waterong Villa RC Cruise
2017- Watersong Villa

Edited at 10:48 AM. Reason: pictures
duffman240177 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by duffman240177 View Post
We used Joanies office for hair and make after driving down from our Villa. We got married at 11am, if i could do it all over again i would possibly do a sunrise wedding because we are squinting in all of our pictures due to the sun. I was in my dress for the ceremony and a few pics after then changed into a maxi dress as i was about to pass out! The temp was 38 at 11am! There isn't much in the way of Restaurants around Cocoa, we used Coconuts on the Beach a few people we know have driven back up to Orlando and done a Disney park. The Hilton in cocoa is lovely though we stayed here last year before our cruise-that is another possibility, board a cruise after your wedding!

Photos look lovely and glad you had a great dayxx

Hoping it will be warm but not too hot in Feb for our day x and have been thinking about whether the sun will cause us any probs but never mind x

Got my dress but hopefully will change after ceremony and pics to go somewhere for something to eat x but not sure where yet .
dreamcatcher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 16, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rataouille92
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
Hi

We are having Joanie's Special package and there will be the two of us and our 8 year old son.xx
This includes seagrass aisle runner, seashell necklaces (keepsake for people back home) and chairs but just going to have two either side as (sadly lost both my parents so this will represent absent loved ones xx) photos, and sand ceremony as thought would be nice for son to be involved.xx

We are getting married at 11am and using Joanie's office for me to get ready.

She has changed her approved people for hair etc this year and has now recommended one I'm using that's Hair by Tracy and have booked her and sent a video of how I'm thinking of having my hair but may change my mind on day by her recommendations lol xx Again she has been very good with all correspondence and am meeting her at the Bridal room on the day at 9.15 am

Will prob just pick up some flowers from somewhere local as not really into flowers.

Travelling to Cocoa Beach day before and stopping over night before wedding to remove any stress on Wedding Day of travelling xx

Will get licence in 1st week of being in Florida but filling form in beforehand.

Any questions please ask and will answer any I can xxx
That sounds like a wonderful wedding, so sorry to hear about your parents at least they will be there in spirit

Make sure you update us on how the wedding goes and to see pics!
Rataouille92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 16, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rataouille92
Excited about Disney

I have a slight update..

My OH has now said about eloping next year when we go to Florida to save on costs!
It means it would just be an intimate ceremony with just me and him but i feel i maybe too late with wedding dresses etc!?

We are saving to move out still so will move into my parents and move out by the summer i hope. Or is that weird the fact we don't have a house but will be married?
Rataouille92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 16, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rataouille92
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by duffman240177 View Post

Your photos look stunning! What a wonderful wedding

Thank you for your input, it sounds like an amazing wedding and i also love the Hilton hotel!
Old 17 Oct 16, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rataouille92 View Post
I have a slight update..

My OH has now said about eloping next year when we go to Florida to save on costs!
It means it would just be an intimate ceremony with just me and him but i feel i maybe too late with wedding dresses etc!?

We are saving to move out still so will move into my parents and move out by the summer i hope. Or is that weird the fact we don't have a house but will be married?
Oh even more exciting , I'm sure if you got onto Joanie she would let you know if available and its less time to get stressed out about it all

Wedding dress would depend on what you want I suppose there are a lot of shops around that sell ex sample dresses or of the rack such as Wed2b or independent shops so sure you could get one you love in time.

The house would be even more special when it comes as you'll move in a married couplexx

If its what you both want go for it xxx Joanie really has done all the organising and all we've had to do is clothing and rings xx Will do licence once there and maybe grab some flowers , hair sorted then turn up done xxx

Perfect for us as I don't have to get stressed out with all the normal planning etc

Good luck let us know if you go ahead xx
Old 17 Oct 16, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rataouille92
Excited about Disney

Oh even more exciting , I'm sure if you got onto Joanie she would let you know if available and its less time to get stressed out about it all

Wedding dress would depend on what you want I suppose there are a lot of shops around that sell ex sample dresses or of the rack such as Wed2b or independent shops so sure you could get one you love in time.

The house would be even more special when it comes as you'll move in a married couplexx

If its what you both want go for it xxx Joanie really has done all the organising and all we've had to do is clothing and rings xx Will do licence once there and maybe grab some flowers , hair sorted then turn up done xxx

Perfect for us as I don't have to get stressed out with all the normal planning etc

Good luck let us know if you go ahead xx
I have emailed Joanie and she has given me 5 dates to choose from so i am going to pop over the form tonight to get it booked in!

Thank you i will take a look at the websites/shops

Are you doing your own hair? I have found some nice fake bouquets from Ebay for a tenner which i think i am going to buy

I just need to think how to get to Cocoa Beach from our hotel on I Drive as we don't have a car!

Sounds like a great plan that you have! Less stress for you too Are you having cake?
Old 18 Oct 16, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rataouille92 View Post
I have emailed Joanie and she has given me 5 dates to choose from so i am going to pop over the form tonight to get it booked in!

Thank you i will take a look at the websites/shops

Are you doing your own hair? I have found some nice fake bouquets from Ebay for a tenner which i think i am going to buy

I just need to think how to get to Cocoa Beach from our hotel on I Drive as we don't have a car!

Sounds like a great plan that you have! Less stress for you too Are you having cake?

Sounds good i'd say go for it xx,

Found my dress quite quickly from a lady selling ex samples and as its corset back sizing isn't a problem, tried about 8 on at hers and just felt special in the ONE xx and friend cried lol xx

Hair having done by Tracy (Tracys hair at home on FB) who Joanie recommends and allows keys to for her bridal room so meeting her at 915 . OH and son will go and have breakfast somewhere then son will come in with me just before walk down to beach x hopefully

Not doing cake, but Publix do have some lovely cakes that may be suitable if you are looking

We have a car so are travelling day before so cant really help on transport sorry , you may be able to cost transport up with Uber taxis or mears transport or one of the limo companies perhaps

Flowers there is a florist that Joanie uses in cocoa beach so might just pop in day before and grab a few flowers lol xx

Good luck with the planning , once you book with Joanie she sends all the details to you regarding what happens on day , about photo package, about music and a choice of ceremonies xx and few other bits of helpful info xx
Old 18 Oct 16, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rataouille92
Excited about Disney

Sounds good i'd say go for it xx,

Found my dress quite quickly from a lady selling ex samples and as its corset back sizing isn't a problem, tried about 8 on at hers and just felt special in the ONE xx and friend cried lol xx

Hair having done by Tracy (Tracys hair at home on FB) who Joanie recommends and allows keys to for her bridal room so meeting her at 915 . OH and son will go and have breakfast somewhere then son will come in with me just before walk down to beach x hopefully

Not doing cake, but Publix do have some lovely cakes that may be suitable if you are looking

We have a car so are travelling day before so cant really help on transport sorry , you may be able to cost transport up with Uber taxis or mears transport or one of the limo companies perhaps

Flowers there is a florist that Joanie uses in cocoa beach so might just pop in day before and grab a few flowers lol xx

Good luck with the planning , once you book with Joanie she sends all the details to you regarding what happens on day , about photo package, about music and a choice of ceremonies xx and few other bits of helpful info xx
I emailed! I got the invoice through but the contract didn't get through so emailed Joanie to get it sent over again

Aww that is lovely! Ex dresses are always bargains but look good at the same time.

Thanks i will look into the hair

I have emailed some car companies to see if someone can take us so fingers crossed i can get a good rate!

Do you know if it is easy to find Joanies office on cocoa beach? Obviously it is a huge beach but no idea if its easy to find? I know you haven't been yourself yet but with you driving there i was just curious?

Thank you! Please keep me updated with your planning xx