Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Aug 17, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
My son left sixth form after 6 weeks to do an engineering apprenticeship. He is now in his 3rd year and best thing he could have done .
Good for him, I bet it will be the best thing he has ever done like my son. Best of luck to him... x
mousettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mousettes View Post
I am so happy and proud of my DS I want to shout it from the rooftops
That is fantastic news for your son and family. Well done him, he has obviously worked very hard during his apprenticeship and it has paid off in spades!

Originally Posted by *andrea* View Post
In fact i am in almost the exact position myself with my DS 17 is about to start probably an almost identical apprenticeship in engineering for Tetrapak in september, and to top it off he has just passed his driving test this morning.
Congrats to your son on both passing is test and securing his apprenticeship. It sounds like a great opportunity for him, before you know where you are you he will be finished and you will also be posting on here like OP above.
Next trip: Nov 2023
KK_Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

Originally Posted by *andrea* View Post
Well done to your DS that is a fantastic achievement. I can imagine how proud you must be of him.
In fact i am in almost the exact position myself with my DS 17 is about to start probably an almost identical apprenticeship in engineering for Tetrapak in september, and to top it off he has just passed his driving test this morning.
Thanks for letting me share in your joy
Wow, congratulations to him on his driving test and the very best of luck for his apprenticeship, I doubt he will ever look back. X
mousettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mousettes View Post
You are so right, he has always been such a good lad and saved from being 14yrs old for his first car. By having a job and not being silly he has just treated himself to his (at the moment) dream car, BMW 320D X Drive... means nothing to me but it's a lovely huge car. Only 19 months old and the salesman in the garage firstly presumed it was for me and his dad, then when we put him right and he lifted his chin up of the floor he said, oh so we need to do finance... my DS took great delight in saying no, it's a cash sale I will be using my debit card and paying in full... I have never seen anyone look more shocked.

I believe in apprentiships and getting a trade, he can still continue in a full degree if he wants but he is getting paid for it and work experience too.
i was 40 before i got a beamer (on finance )

my mrs godson got an apprenticeship with rolls royce, whilst half his mates mess about in deadend jobs/only juts going to uni, h'e s 2 years into training for a career that he hopes will take him all over the world..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Well done to your son!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Fantastic news! Gloat away we do not blame you. Xxxx

Another proud mum here
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
oh well done to him ... and you!
Old 14 Aug 17, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That's fantastic, you've got a lot to be proud of with him.
Old 14 Aug 17, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

Thanks everyone.
Old 14 Aug 17, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jo_usa
Serious Dibber

well done to your son you should be proud its obviously took a lot of hard work to get here lovely to hear xx

oh how I wish
jo_usa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List