Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Aug 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

We're going with extended family next year and we're getting 2 condos for the 1st part of the holiday so we can each have our own space.
I've also said 2 cars so we're not tied to doing everything together.
Some people get on really well normally but being under each others feet 24/7 can be a strain on even the best friendships.

Everyone I've spoken too who have done florida with extra family/friends have all said it was hard work and they didn't want to do it again
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Demonwar
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Anyone have a link to Brangelina trip report? I've done a search but not coming up with anything...
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=706222
Demonwar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
herlana
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

We went in 2013 (our first time as a family I've been before as a child) with my mum and her girlfriend of 24 years so knew her well as she raised me for 6 years and her grandchild which I treated as a niece my mums gf paid for villa as a gift to us and they were ment to be staying with her family, few months before we leave they say they are staying with us at the villa first 6 days everything fine except me and my partner done everything with the niece we went on rides with her cooked for her bathed her they moaned about the parks we ignored it as they didn't have to come they had their own car then we were asked if we wanted to go to her families home in Tampa for the day said yes next thing I knew they were coming to stay at the villa 4 of them for 3 nights then another man turned up after the first night was told he was her cousin who she had never met before n that he wasn't staying which he did all they did is drink for 2 days n nights so we decide to just go out just us four then when we returned the gf went mad we got into a massive argument that she went to attack me she had been drinking but she did every day n night while ment to be taking care of her grandchild they all left and I haven't spoken to the gf since been over 4 years. Next year my husband has asked my sister to join us I'm not looking forward to it
herlana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
If you genuinely believe that all of the party want to go to exactly the same place every day, they are all ready to leave the villa at exactly the same time every day (is one of the eleven a bit longer in the shower than the others for instance?), all eleven of you are ready to leave the park at exactly the same time (and nobody wants that extra last ride on ToT) and everybody wants to eat at the same time at the same restaurant - then it will go like a dream.

However you still have time to order another car

Mick
Or simply have a chat and say that if the majority want to be up and out early, then they take the minibus, and those who want to stay late get an Uber. Likewise for the return journey.

There may be days when a couple of people want to do rope drop, let them take an Uber and the rest come along later in the minibus.

Just make that clear before the start of the holiday.
returnplanning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
see after our horror trip my parents have been with us every time, but they have their own car and their own plans, and we have ours
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
jo_usa
Serious Dibber

We went twice with family (12 of us) never again 😔 twice with friends (10 of us) 2 of the best times we have had in Florida just shows you need to choose carefully who you go with xx

Will just add the family hols we once had 1 big van and next time 2 cars (didn't make a difference still awful) the friends we had 1 van both times xx

Edited at 09:00 AM.
jo_usa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Definitely 2 cars as some people are terrible at getting up in the morning monging in bed at 8am?! Then they saunter into parks at 10.30 - 11am and complain it's too busy? :angry:

In past experience I find the older generation moan a bit and can drag it down it's like they're not happy unless they're moaning - usually at the cost of something yet they have thousands in the bank!
As a couple of 71 year olds we're really pleased with that generalisation

Mick
Ha I'm with you on that one Mick , a couple of " old gits " here yet next year we have been invited on our 6th holiday to Florida with the " Jamerica Crew " we must be doing something right
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Ha I'm with you on that one Mick , a couple of " old gits " here yet next year we have been invited on our 6th holiday to Florida with the " Jamerica Crew " we must be doing something right
Morning Linda - haven't seen you here for a while. Thought you'd emigrated to the land of Cava

Nice to see you're going back. Has Jo done a pre-trippy? I understand that several trips to Sweet Tomatoes are planned.

Mick
Old 20 Aug 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Morning Linda - haven't seen you here for a while. Thought you'd emigrated to the land of Cava

Nice to see you're going back. Has Jo done a pre-trippy? I understand that several trips to Sweet Tomatoes are planned.

Mick
She needs to finish off the last one first Mick ... Jo if you are there ... hint hint, in her defence she has a LOT going on at the moment .
As for ST there is a Red Lobster close enough to satisfy our needs
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

We have been 4 times with extended family sharing a villa and it has been fine each time ( other trips just our family as well ).

Make sure you get a villa big enough for everyone to have their own space, plenty of bathrooms and a car for each unit of family.

We spent days together but days apart as well but it was nice sitting by the pool at night having a drink and a chat