Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jul 19, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Laughing at this now DS2 andDs3 no,3 lives in the main part of our house
Came in tonight both been out before dawn to get folks power back in n after last night storm showered and actomatically sat at the kitchen island as we were about to eat dinner delayed 20 mins till more salad made extra garlic bread in the oven and more pasta in the pot to cook
No 3 partner had a major health issue review today so was in bed as was there toddler she’d collected from us
yep I’ve got he mountain of dirty sweaty washing 97 towels from them to deal with
They were both exhausted to be honest
DS MIL picked him up as he said I’m not driving I’m too tired
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Some comments on this thread have reminded me of when I was a child. We too had to ask to leave the table and it would go like this... Me (or one of my siblings) “Please may I leave the table?”. Dad..”Well, you can’t take it with you”. He thought he was being soooo funny!
Old 26 Jul 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
DH is old fashioned Italian , always at the table which I love.
Friday night or Saturday night take out movie night is sofa .
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Always at the table and we always eat together.
Old 26 Jul 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Usually at the table for us. As a child I can remember asking to leave the table. I also remember my Grandad (Army Captain) insisting I told him ‘dinner is served’ 😱
Old 26 Jul 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Our kitchen is large enough for a table but we prefer to eat in our separate dining room and we never eat TV dinners in our lounge.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If i could fit a wee table in my living room id love to have table dinners but ive no space
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Our kitchen table is the hub of our house we always sit there for our meals, drinks.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
CrochetFreak
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Try and eat at the table as much as possible. If for whatever reason the kids aren't eating with us they still tend to join us for dinner. No electronics at the table.

I am a bit old fashioned in that I like a separate dining room, kids don't start eating until the hosts do, knife and fork at half six to show you are finished, 20 past eight to show you are available to offers or still going, and yes, we all ask to get down from the table, and nobody leaves until the last person has finished eating unless in extremis.

Youngest DD has done the eating equivalent of filibustering. Made one course of vegetables last aaaages so nobody could get down. There was revenge the following day with a double helping of sprouts 😁

Takeaway pizza on the lounge carpets with fingers though
Snap
CrochetFreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Usually at the table for us. As a child I can remember asking to leave the table. I also remember my Grandad (Army Captain) insisting I told him ‘dinner is served’ 😱
I remember eating a meal at my grandads. He was of the generation children had to eat what was put in front of them whether they liked it or not. I hated boiled potatoes as a young child but he insisted I eat them so I bit into what was then a cold potato and was promptly sick all over the place. I think I was maybe 4 years old. Serves him right!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List