Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Aug 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Pints, Points, Photos & Plenty More - August 2017 Honeymoon - 28/07/17 -5 days! ;)

Pints, Points, Photos & Plenty More - August 2017 Honeymoon!

So, it's time to start my honeymoon trip report! If you're not sure who we are or what we've been up to on our previous adventures, have a quick look at our pre-trip report which can be found here.

So, this was a *very* special trip as it was to be our HONEYMOON! Yes, finally after nine years together Phil popped the question last August at the California Grill and I said ... 'Oh go on then'!

Due to an incident with a brown recluse spider (see Other Places, Other Worlds) the bended knee bit didn't happen, but in all seriousness, it was a lovely proposal and in a beautiful setting.

This trip seemed to take ages to come around but the wedding kind of crept up on me a bit. I am definitely more this:

Than this:

So I was pretty chilled out about it until the day before when the venue was getting a bit stressy with me! They started to talk about charging extra for putting our our wedding favours/place names etc and other little niggles. For someone who had been VERY chilled out about it all I did get a little :angry: at this point!

However, all sorted itself out!

We wanted a fairly intimate day and then a big party in the evening, which is what we planned. The day of the wedding I got up about 8am and pottered for a bit as Phil got changed and showered. He then went out about 8.30 with Mr. Pumba75 (his brother and best man) for breakfast.

I sat down on the sofa at 9am, not sure what time my makeup and hair ladies were turning up. Between 9am and 9.30 (when they arrived) was the longest, most silent 30 minutes of my life! I couldn't eat anything, I couldn't drink anything!

Then my hair and makeup ladies appeared (along with my friend who was giving me away and his wife) and the morning whizzed by! Before I knew it I was nervously sipping a glass of champagne and waiting to leave:

My friend who was giving me away (my dad passed away in 2008 and he is a very close friend) also drove me to the venue in his Tesla.

Phil grew up in the Salvation Army (although he is no longer a uniformed member) and he wanted to get married in a SA church. Luckily our local SA church agreed to this and due to some personal family connections through his dearly departed mum, we knew the officers (the SA 'vicars' as I would have called them - being a non-SA person!) who were to marry us.

We arrived at just before 12 and I had some photos taken outside the church. We then lined up to walk down the isle and I couldn't even look where I was going as I was afraid I was going to cry and ruin my beautiful makeup!

The ceremony passed in an absolute flash and before I knew it we were signing the register:

We made our way outside. The Salvation Army church in Chelmsford has won lots of design awards but I'll be honest, it's not a nice building to look at! Our photographer suggested moving over to the local river for shots. There were people fishing in the river where we were originally going to take photos so we decided to walk to the other side. Unfortunately on the way over I stumbled and fell straight over into the mud in my beautiful, pristine dress

This was before any photos and I was absolutely gutted and closer to tears than I was earlier! Luckily my niece had some baby wipes for her little one and the mud was soon wiped off so you couldn't see it!

Photos were taken:

Me and my side of the family:

Phil's brothers:

(spot Mr. Pumba75 )

Phil and I then went off to a separate park in Chelmsford to have some photos on our own. My friend who gave me away came with us and these are some of the shots he took on my camera:

We then went back to the venue and mingled waiting for our sit down meal. When we did go in, I was so pleased with how the venue looked and it was so lovely! The food was also fantastic!

We finished the meal and went to leave and then my friend realised he'd dripped pasta sauce on my dress!

So Phil wandered back to our house (luckily five minutes away) to grab a bleach pen from the draw and a few other bits. He fed our cat and brought back our evening stuff and checked us in as we had a free suite with our wedding package. My feet were KILLING me from the evil high heels so I also asked him to pick up my Disney havannas!

By now the evening guest were starting to arrive. It was so lovely to see so many of our friends and family in the same place! Our first thing was a brass band to entertain our guests and yes, we both played! (Phil and I met through brass banding)

I was very, very warm so I didn't do the entire set but Phil did and thoroughly enjoyed it! I requested the brass band arrangement of 'The Hustle'

Our cake had a Disney theme:

Yes, that is a cake made out of cheese!

An evening of drinking, dancing and chatting occurred:

I was so sad that the evening ended - we had such a fantastic time and it really was one of the best days of my life!

The next day we woke up in the hotel and said goodbye to our guests. We had rather a lot of cheese left over:

It was then time to start packing and preparing for THE HONEYMOON! Florida here we come
Day 01 - travel day!

Edited at 09:32 PM.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You've started! What a lovely day, beautiful photos, congratulations to you both.

I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't know you got engaged at Disney, so I checked your report and somehow I missed it so at least i've got something to read before this one!
Old 17 Aug 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Beanie1
Proud to wear my Ears

What a lovely day! You poor thing taking a tumble! How stressful...your dress looks beautiful and not a mark on it. Well done being so relaxed.
Would have loved to have heard the brass band.
Looking forward to following along. Xxxxx
Beanie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Yay you've started your report kim, lovely wedding day you look gorgeous and hubby looks very dapper. Love the cheese wedding cake, I know someone whose wedding cake was a giant tiered pork pie... That and your cheese one I'd have been in heaven lol.
Lovely photos, looking forward to reading more x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Love it Kim... you both look fab and so happy Congratulations...!

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

A cake of cheese 😀
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Congratulations <3
What a nice day
Dutchdisneyfan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

What a lovely day, like the cake idea
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Momofboys View Post
You've started! What a lovely day, beautiful photos, congratulations to you both.

I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't know you got engaged at Disney, so I checked your report and somehow I missed it so at least i've got something to read before this one!
Thank you - yeah, we got engaged right at the end of the summer trip last August. Phil was planning on proposing on the cruise ship but it didn't *quite* go as he planned!

Originally Posted by Beanie1 View Post
What a lovely day! You poor thing taking a tumble! How stressful...your dress looks beautiful and not a mark on it. Well done being so relaxed.
Would have loved to have heard the brass band.
Looking forward to following along. Xxxxx
Thank you - I was so gutted when I fell over but the photographer was brilliant! She said 'I've got blood out of a wedding dress before, don't worry about a little bit of mud!'

Didn't want to ask any more details about that!

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Yay you've started your report kim, lovely wedding day you look gorgeous and hubby looks very dapper. Love the cheese wedding cake, I know someone whose wedding cake was a giant tiered pork pie... That and your cheese one I'd have been in heaven lol.
Lovely photos, looking forward to reading more x
Wow pork pies! The cheese was amazing, we ended up freezing some of the cheddar and stilton as there was so much of it!

Originally Posted by christybell View Post
Love it Kim... you both look fab and so happy Congratulations...!
Thank you

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
A cake of cheese 😀
The best kind of cake!

Originally Posted by Dutchdisneyfan View Post
Congratulations <3
What a nice day
Thank you

Originally Posted by DISNEYLIZ View Post
What a lovely day, like the cake idea
Thank you - I did pinch the idea from my older sister who is also a huge cheese fan!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Sounds like a fantastic day and just what you wanted! I absolutely love your dress and the fact you both played in the brass band is just brilliant

We had a cheese cake at our wedding too so I definitely approve!

Can't wait to read more!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List