Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Feb 11, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Hellooo! Am on lunch. Lots to catch up on!

Kel - not too sad about the miscarriages, although not nice as hormones were all over the place. Not knowing that I was pregnant and not having planned it meant that I wasn't hoping and wanting a child. They weren't great at the hospital though, where my Doctor had sent me, because they didn't believe that I could be pregnant. The female doctor said 'in all my years of doing this I've never heard of the Mirena Coil failing' although she did apologise after she'd checked my hormone levels and found that I was. Think hospitals can be a bit crap/insensitive with those things.
When I mentioned that you and Alex had done the table name thing, he seemed more open to the idea!
I've seen those cheese cake things! They look fab and a lot of our family would love it, but I hate cheese, unless it's cooked on things. They are impressive though. Haven't ordered yet, as not sure when to - it's going to be an M&S or Waitrose one, but probably M&S. Got most bits and pieces done and the rest should be done this weekend.
The only thing I've been seriously stressing about, and didn't realise how much until going back onto this diet, is my weight. I feel like a weight (scuse the pun) has been lifted off me because I was panicking. Now I feel I can enjoy the run up the wedding without that being in the back of my mind.
What are you doing for Alex's birthday, anything in particular or just a relaxing chill off work?
How's you day today, working from home, do you find you get as much done? I find my cats so distracting and am always wandering off to find them. Or they come in talking when I'm on the phone to a client!

Kim - Hate it when that happens! Your tables sound lovely. Mickey confetti would set it all off nicely

Nat - how exciting! You sounds positively buzzing. It all looks amazing.

Rach - how lovely that he's crawling. He'll get into mischief now though! Interesting that your cousin got pregnant. They're probably not half as effective as we're led to believe. Well done on the 3lbs.

Well our oil ran out this morning. So wasn't expecting that, so home now waiting for delivery to hurry up. This weekend we are at Dan's Mums for dinner. Not sure what I'll be eating, but will probably have a shake beforehand to fill myself up a bit. They'll all have dessert but I won't bother. There's usually loads of sausage meat and bacon, so I can just low carb it. Wondering what to wear as am at the funny stage where I'm in between things. Tempting to buy something else, but won't bother. Last time I did the diet I shopped in the local charity shops as it was coming off so quickly it didn't seem worth spending much money on things.

Have seen a few things in Tesco though and they're doing 500 points for spending £30 on clothes online. I use those points for BA miles. We have almost 100,000 miles and because we use the BA Amex card we'll get a companion flight with it, so can go Club World again next year for the price of taxes. So glad I found all this out about miles. I can be a pauper but fly like a queen

Does anyone here watch Brothers and Sisters? It makes me cry every single episode and I'm not sure if I'm just a complete wuss.

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 11, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi Liz,

Its scary hearing all these stories where protection fails isn’t it? You hear it every now and then on the news but then you find out that it’s a lot more common than you think with stories like on here. I’m glad you aren’t too upset about the miscarriages and I understand why, aside from your hormones raging messing with your emotions. Now obviously as we are planning we should know from the first day really and so the attachment will start there if that makes sense? I’m assuming of course you are coming round to the idea – lol! Have you ever watched Guilliana and Bill? Their struggles were sad to watch but they were ever so philosophical about it, was inspiring.

I’m not so bad at home working, as I find I get a lot more done. Some days more than others depending if I’m distracted, I think I daydream easily. Lol. At work I find I’m always distracted by phone, email and colleagues. The woman I sit opposite could seriously win an award for how much she talks and how many questions she asks so its nice to have the peace and quiet at home. My office is very chatty and we laugh a lot which is great but very distracting. The cats can be distracting, but they tend to all be in whatever room I’m in and sit around me, at the moment, one is on my lap and I’m typing round her, two are on the sofa next to me and one has just dropped a toy mouse at my side to throw for her, this will go on for ages now, she’ll fetch the mouse and I’ll throw it and so on, so they aren’t too distracting aside from breaking off to throw the mouse but she will get tired soon. Alex can be distracting though! Normally he’s quite good and sits in the kitchen to do his work but when he wants a break or gets a little bored he comes and bothers me and I have to tell him to scram. I do sign onto the Dibb though and keep the forum spy running so I can have a little Disney fix alongside my work. I’ve done quite a lot today, I just write guidance at home as it’s easier. My management encourage home working so I tend to do every Friday but I have done it other days too.

Oh Alex’s 30th is causing me a right headache cause he’s said he doesn’t want any fuss and he wants no pressies. I’ve pushed him and pushed him and he’s adamant all he want to do is be at home and spend time with me the cats and my parents (his live 250 miles away, sadly, but they will call) . Believe it or not he wants to build our fitted wardrobes and that’s it, he’s actually rather excited about doing that! He said I can get him a card and cook his favourite meals on his b’day but aside from that he’s not wanting to do anything. So my plan is to get him a cool card online from Moonpig or Funky pigeon, and then cook brownies for him (best type of cake as I’m not fussed for them!) and then do all his favourite stuff for the rest of the day, so a cooked breakfast, sarnies for lunch and then for tea beef wellington or steak or similar. I’ll also give him some ‘’vouchers’’ for stuff like I’ll do the cats litter or wash the car or give him a back rub or let him watch wrestling for a whole day or do the hovering, you know stuff like that that he normally does. I’ll also promise not to nag at all! It’s all a bit crap really as I like presents, cakes and meals out for birthdays but he doesn’t and I guess I have to respect that. He’s asked all our relatives for dollars! My mum and dad are coming over on his birthday and I might do us a mini buffet for lunch with his beloved sarnies and then in the afternoon my dad and Alex are putting the wardrobe up and hopefully that will mean I can get these old Orlando pics scanned in. He might be able to control my spending but he can’t with my mum and dad and they always spoil him rotten so he will get some pressies on his birthday. I did think about getting him like 1 or 2 Disney dollars to go in his card but they are well pricey on ebay! Our 3 best friends are coming up to stay for a few days in April so he says he’d rather wait and just go out with them so I’ll hold him to that! We might do Alton Towers or something then.

Nightmare about the oil! Do you live in quite a remote area?

I don’t want to buy any new clothes either so I’ve taken to wearing the same jeans practically all the time, people are going to think I have no clothes! Truth is that I’m about a size 13 at the moment so 14s are baggy and 12s are still too small so I’m wearing my comfy 14s all the time. I think I might need to cut down on the peanuts to shift the fat now as I’m going OTT on them. Last night I had so many I felt sick and had a bad tummy this morning. I’m missing my soya crisps that’s the problem. I feel ever so lazy today you know, I’m worried I won’t exercise – please motivate me!

No, I don’t watch brothers and sister – probably a good job from what you’ve said as I cry at everything! I tend not to watch anything that makes me sad, I don’t even watch or read any news, how bad is that?! I’m a total victim of ignorance is bliss.

I don’t really understand airmiles to be honest, but it sounds like they are well working for you! I’m in the virgin frequent flyer club so I really should start to understand then somehow.

Right I better go I feel my omelette is a-calling. Have a good day at work Liz.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 11, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Hey Kel, aww your cats sounds adorable. Mine are normally here, but two have taken to sleeping together in the dog's bed in the utility for some reason. The other one sleeps for about 23.5 hours a day on the sofa.
I know what you mean about the miscarriages and think that's exactly it. You're not invested from day one, although I found it made me quite broody afterwards, thinking 'what ifs'

I love presents, meals out etc, but it is hard when you're dieting and also so expensive. I usually make Dan a meal - he loves Beef Wellington and his sarnies too! I also don't like brownies lol. I am fine making things if I'm not keen. Whenever I'm doing this diet, Dan will buy things that I don't like bless him. Like the idea of 'vouchers' as well - a lot more thoughtful than most presents.

Alton Towers I love! Not as good as Disney, but probably the best UK based place. I went not too long ago and took everyone from work and they'd not been on things like roller coasters before. It was hilarious. Do you like the big rides?

I'm still in my size 16 jeans and cannot wait to drop a size.

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 11, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Gosh I'm so hungry today, I don't know whats wrong with me1 Totally craving chocolate but haven't got any in so thats a good thing. Although Alex has just said to me ''any idea what I could make with flour, butter, icing sugar, sugar vanilla extract and water?'' good god, no idea what he's up to! Luckily I've eaten all the eggs at lunch so a cake is out!

Aww bless them for sleeping together in the dogs bed - cats are so funny aren't they, such unusal little characters!

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you and Dan have simiar tastes to us! and I so know what you mean about having to stay away from things you like and its not so bad baking things you don't like, luckily I didn't like dried fruit so Alex tends to get snacks like bars and things with raisins in when I'm low carbing. Although I have been known in the past to pull all the currents out of a scone or out of a fruit and nut bar.

HAHA thats so funny to see your team on rides! I love the big rides! I always have ever since being little! My parents do too, especially my mum - she went on Kracken before I dared! They scare the hell out of me but that just makes me want to do them more. It was so funny cause when I first met Alex he was terrified of rollercoasters, I took him to Blackpool once and we went on the Big One and he actually made them stop the ride just out of the station and pull it back so he could get off! He was shaking like a leaf! In fact the first time we went to Orlando he still had a massive fear of rollercoasters and refused to do anything big - that was the year I was ill so time was short anyway and so it didn't bother me too much. I do remember going on Doctor Dooms fearfall on my own though and space mountian. Shortly after that trip I took him to Alton for the first time and we walked up to Nemesis and I was like ''shall we?'' he was shaking, proper shaking, but he wanted to go on it so one we went. Afterwards he was as white as a sheet but admited it wasn't too bad. As the day went on we did Nemsis a few more times, each time he relaxed a bit more and then we progressed to the mine train (lol) and then to Air and finally to Oblivion, then came Rita and he LOVED it. By the end of the day he'd gone from shaking and nearly passing out to holding his hands in the air and screaming and laughing - what a transformation! I was so pleased but to be honest I created monster - he's now ride crazy! The bigger, the faster, the higher, the wilder, he wants on it, nothing at all stops him, he even laughs at me now when I'm scared! He also loves seeing the ''newbies'' as he calls them, so if we are in queue for like Tower of Terror or similar he'll laugh at them and try and get on the same ride as them just to watch their faces - quite ironically twisted really! I have my limits, anything that 'hangs' you upside down is not for me, so submission at Alton is a no no, Alex loves it, but I don't like feeling like the only thing holding me in are the bars, but generally any roller coaster is fine with me. Have you been on Sheikra? Thats his favorite, scared the life out of me! Do you like them too? I think my favorite ride has to be Tower of Terror, and rollercoaster wise - Everest i'd say or rock n rollercoaster.
We try to go to Alton every year as my friends come up from Dorset and we go then. Last year we went in April and Oct, the April one was a wash out as it rained and was full of groups of people with the sun pass thing - sorry to say most of them were not the kind of people I like to be sandwiched in a queue with.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 11, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Grr, this said no new posts! Dibb plays up for me sometimes.

That is so cool about Alex loving rides now - what a difference! Bet you're pleased. i'm much the same as you, for a change lol. I won't go on submission and that sort of thing, but will do any coaster. My Mum hates them, but my Dad has been taking me on them since I was tiny. I remember riding the biggest coaster in Europe for a travelling fair in Dusseldorf when I was 7. I was the only kid on it and I remember asking my Dad 'why that man looks green' when he came off!

I love Sheikra, but I am genuinely petrified of heights (won't even go up a ladder), so that was very scary for me. I always shut my eyes until I get to the top because of it, then open them just as we're dropping. I remember crying when we did a team building exercise in one job that involved climbing up a pillar and jumping onto a bar thing. I got 4 steps up the pillar and couldn't move, so people find it odd I can go on rides.

You're brave doing Dr Dooms. I did it once with my Dad and ex and it's the only ride I've ever really wanted to stop before it started. Was too late though. I hated every minute of it! I love Nemesis - it's one of my favourite rides. I'm a bit of a coaster geek and like to know whose making new rides. Would love to join the roller coaster club of GB, but it's not Dan's kind of thing. He'd hate going on holiday with a load of people we don't know. I prefer being alone, but the thought of someone else planning a massive coaster trip is quite exciting.

Old 18 Feb 11, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
hey girls! loving the ride chat! i hated rides up until about six years ago! the first time i went to orlando i wouldn't even do space mountain! but that was because we had been to paris so were under the impression it went upside down. i was standing in the queue for rockin and saw it blast off and chickened out.

it's funy what you say about alex kel cause alton towers is what changed me too! now i'm a ride-aholic!

liz! i do am scared of heights but its a weird one! when i am up high i'm fine, but when i looked up then thats when it freaks me out! maybe the idea that there are no buildings above me and it's scary! also when i know i can't fall out i'm ok! like i was pertrified of the empire state building, hated being outside, but then at the calgary tower i lay down on the glass floor and everything, so much fun! cause i could't fall out!

for me, the worst part of any rollercoaster is the climb, scares me so much! hehe!

done jillian today and walked the dog, shall do bike later after burgers and salad for dinner, fingers crossed i can bring this back this week!
Old 18 Feb 11, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Hey Amy, I think a lot of people with a height fear are like that when looking up. I hate looking up at bridges. Also hate depth, so deep water freaks me out.

I know what you mean about feeling safer when you're strapped in.

Exercise sounds good for today.

Am starving hungry! ARgghhh. Have drunk 4 litres of water today, countless coffees, my diet bar, a soup (which wasn't nice, but then I'm not a fan of thai chicken). Really want a chocolate shake tonight, but the bumper pack only has 7 of them. Think I might give Dan all my strawberry and banana ones to add protein powder to. Then might order some just chocolate.

Old 18 Feb 11, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
my parents are getting an indian tonight but not for me! i'll stick with my burgers!

can i ask what you guys do with money when going to the US? this fairfc card is offering 1.6 atm and that's awesome, but i've heard a lot of bad reviews and don't really trust them as it isn't a big name i've heard of before...
Old 18 Feb 11, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

That's exactly me too Amy and Liz! I hate heights, literally I start to shake, even up a step ladder for goodness sake! So, I also hate lift hills - especially Oblivion and Shekria but funnily enough I didn't mind Rockit I suppose as it went so fast. Shekria scared me silly with the height. I think I mentioned this before but I also hate deep water and I also don't like thinking about what is below me, I'm a pretty good swimmer too but deep water makes me panicky, in fact when I went to Discovery Cove I wore a life jacket for the dolphin swim when they take you out in deep water, stupid really as I can swim it fine.
Funnily enough I don't mind Doctor Doom or any 'droppy rides' but only if they shoot you up - if they go up slow like at Thorpe you can get me off right now! I wasn't a fan of Thorpe in general cause too many of the rides 'hung' me upstide down.

Last time we were on Doctor Doom, we were with a newbie and the ride attendants must have spotted their fear and thought it was hilarious to shout over the speaker into where we were ''code red, the bars are not locked, I repeat the bars are not locked'' right as it was lifting us up and just before it shot up in the air, we heard it going up! When we came back down we just heard this laughter and then saying ''sorry we thought that was funny'' but the person next to us was white as sheets. BWahaha!

I don't like lift hills as you know and so when we got stuck on Fate of Atlantis at SW on the lift hill I was a wreck. We had to climb out and walk down the lift hill, Alex takes the pee out of me all the time for that as it is the smallest lift hill but it still freaks me out. On the way out after being rescued the ride attendant gave us free passes to get stright back on once it was fixed and I was like ''are you joking?! '' I was hysterical and this was made worse by the fact that the woman in front of us decided to use our ''stuck time'' to ask us if we'd ever met the queen as we were British (rolls eyes) whilst her young son demonstrated that he could ''get out of the bars'' and decided to stand up. Not good. I also got stuck on Everest where you go backwards and the track flips and the shadow of the yeti is in front, well the track only flipped half way but they managed to pull the ride back and set us off again so that was fine. We also got stuck on Dinosaur and had to climb out and walk back but that wasn't too bad as its not high or anything. I'm sure I've had more stuff like that but I can't remember what at the moment. Still like rides though! Would LOVE to be in the rollercoaster club! I've seen them on TV! Total rollercoaster and ride geek too. Have you ever seen screamscape.com? I love reading that website.

Amy, do you mean Fairfx? If so I've had mine for over two years now and thats how we take our money. I don't bother with travellers cheques anymore as we had problems getting them accepted and cashed then we discovered Fairfx and swapped to that. Its owned by by Newcastle building society who im sure you've heard of as they are massive. Would highly reccomend. We also pay our DVC dues that way and we bought Seaworld tickets online with our Fairfx last time which makes them a lot cheaper. I have 2 Fairfx cards - the reason for this is that one card has a very low balance on it and we keep that in the safe and the other has the bulk of our money on it and we use that everyday, if the main card gets lost or stolen then we simple call Fairfx and they will stop the 1st card and transfer all the funds onto the 2nd card. It makes it a lot safer. You can get them free through the Dibb too. We do take some smaller cash for tolls and stuff. What type of bad reviews have you heard? I've virtually heard none against the Fairfx and have no concerns or problems myself. Give it a couple of years and they will do away with TCs and everyone will be using cards and I'm sure Fairfx will be the king of dollar travel cards.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL

Edited at 08:03 PM.
Old 18 Feb 11, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Glad to hear you are resisiting the Indian - do you like that kind of food? I absolutley hate indian food so I have no probelms resisiting it! I think the problem is I don't like curry spices and I don't like tomatos or onions so thats most Indian food out. I once had a korma and nann bread when drunk but I really didn't like it. I used to work on a curry bit in a supermarket too, used to make me gag, but I did like the smell of the rogan josh I think because of all the peppers. Chinese is my weakness as thats may favorite take away food by a mile.

Exercise sounds good Amy. I think I'm going to do a Kate tonight as it makes me sore so it must work! Rrally should go do it soon but feel terribly lazy today. Have you got your shakes yet?
I was so hungry today too Liz but I've eaten more than you so I can't imagine how you are getting through the hunger pangs. Will they calm down?

Summary
B: protien shake
S: Peanuts
L: omlette and jubbly
D: bacon and veg pesto stir fry. SF jelly.

Exercise: Kate (approx 1 hour cardio)
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Closed Thread