Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Feb 11, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
oh dear kel not your night with no laptop and no peanuts! disaster!
i'm sure you will be able to retrieve the files! usually even if the laptop is broken they can recovr the memory card!
fingers crossed for you!

just had dinner and played the wii and now just watching tv! realised ive not had peanuts since tuesday. i miss them!
Old 19 Feb 11, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Thank you both. It's still very poorly but seems to be staying on at the moment as we've let it get cold and put it in a cold room. I reckon it might be the fan and it's overheating. The disk drive is deffo shot, it won't read any disk so saving to DVD is not viable. Saving to memory stick is but I don't have one big enough at the moment! Managed to save all the files now just not the pictures. X
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 11, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
oh that's good it's up and running. another idea is to upload all your photos to somewhere like photobucket, or put them all in a compressed file and upload to megaupload. then all your pictures will be online and accessible from there!
Old 19 Feb 11, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Could you pop out tomorrow and get an external hard drive. You can get them in Tesco for about £40 now and you can transfer everything across via USB so a lot quicker and it's permanently backed up that way!
Hope it's ok Kel xx

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 11, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

So far so good, used 6 memory cards so far and computer v slow but hanging in. Alex is ordering a hard drive off Internet at mo as we deffo need the back up no idea how long my computer is gonna live! Sob. It's amazing how much I rely on this thing! I was freaking out! Thanks for all your support. Xx
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 11, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Hey everyone. Oh Kel, what a complete nightmare hun. It happened to me about 2 months ago and I was distraught. Working fine then all of a sudden wouldn't turn on. Thankfully was still in warranty. The guy at Dell who tried to help over the phone suggested taking the battery out and just plugging it in to see if it's a battery problem. Although that won't help if it's the fan.

Mine was the HDD and had to be completed replaced. Bizarely enough, desite not having any of my documents when I put the new hard drive in, all my pictures were still there. At least you're getting chance to save everything, but it's such a pain isn't it? We do rely on them massively.

Glad for you that the snow is gone! When reading about your Parents house and the dust it reminded me of when we had our walls knocked down and then when everything had to be sanded. You cannot even describe the dust, like you say, it's horrendous. It takes months to settle, so I hope your Mum doesn't mind dusting lol. Be all worth it in the end.

Do all of your cats like their tummy rubs or just Bentley? My boy, Yoshi, is hilarious because he hates it and will swipe, when he is normally so gentle. He's a right scaredy cat. Freyja will mouth you (do yours do that? If they don't like something they don't bite, but will mouth you) and Trinity loves having her tummy rubbed. She lies there with legs akimbo!

Just watching Four Weddings US. I LOVE this programme. Got fan heater on in the downstairs shower - it's electric whereas the one upstairs runs off the oil heater, so is not hot. However, the bathroom downstairs is icy from having no heating and the shower is a pathetic trickle lol. Going to Dan's Parents for lunch today, we're having a second Christmas because one of the family couldn't be there over Christmas, so we have gifts and such like. No drink or carbs for me though! Wish me luck

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 11, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Morning,

Well, yesterday I was convinced it the fan, today I'm convinced its the battery! Came to switch it on this morning and it just wouldn't turn on at all, plugged it in, gave it a few mins and am on it now so I'm pretty sure its in the internal battery. This is like the 4 or 5th laptop we've been through now so I'm hoping it will hold on in there just until after the holiday and until we get the mortgage as I don't want any credit card debts for that and there is no way we can shell out at the moment. Its so annoying! :angry: Alex is on about getting a desk top but I just love my lap top and the freedom it gives. We do have a netbook but those little blighters are so tempremental that it just can't be relied upon, ours has already been fixed twice and my parents are on Netbook number 4 or something now, they break so easily plus I find them too small so I need my laptop. Yes, Liz we do rely on them so much! You know your Dell one, was the warrantly longer than the standard 12 months then? I'm wondering if I should go for a Dell. I just said to Alex I couldn't care less what the next one looks like so long as it has a high memory and a great battery life. I've managed to save most things but I haven't quite saved all my photos and I've run out of memory cards/sticks. We are going to buy an external hard drive as we are just going to get more and more pics as time goes on and so we need the space.

HAHA Dusting - my mum? She has OCD with cleanliness so this house is causing her nighmares! Like imagine the cleanest person in the world and times her by 1000 and you have somewher enear my mum! When I was growing up she used to do my washing and ironing and hang my clothes up and in the wardrobe they were all hung up by style and colour so in the end they formed like a colour spectrum when they gradually went from light to dark, honestly it was like nothing I've ever seen since, their house is spotless, really spotless, and so this is really hard for her and makes her quite grumpy! She also gets mild asthma so its a bad combination and she was struggling to breathe yesterday.

Bentley likes his tummy being tickled and rubbed the most, you can literally roll him over and he will stay there, Poppy has to be in the mood and usually only if you have a brush in hand, Daisy quite likes it but on if shes on your knee and she'll more 'clamp' her legs and paws around your arm and then stroke her tummy, Lilly is our baby (2) and she's never really grown up so she thinks everything is a game and so if you go to rub her tummy when shes laid on her back she wants to wrestle and will chew - like you say kinda sucker you and gently press her teetch into you, not to hurt just to play. Our softest is Bentley though, everyone loves him = other cats and humans a like, he's very endering. He 'grooms' humans too! He's a little character. No, they are all so different! Bently and Poppy are biological brother and sister and Poppy can be best descriped as 'skittish' she's always on edge, always watching, super clever and has to be in the mood for affection for people she really trusts, very wary of new people. Its mad that they are related as Bentley is the opposite and is very affectionate and really chilled out, Alex desribes him as a 'meanderer' when he walks as he kinda plods! When he gets too hot he pants too! Don't worry theres nothing wrong with him, we had him tested as a kitten and about 50 tests on his heart, lungs, tummy, liver, a load of xrays, various treatments and £600 later he came back with a clean bill of health! The verdict?! He was born in a household with a dog and he must have learned from the dog that you pant when hot!
Cats are so fuuny aren't they?!

Hope you have a lovely Christmas time Liz! Good luck with the food, I have none in at the moment, my cupboards are bare!
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 20 Feb 11, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Clearly spoke too soon, computer has shut down again and refuses to turn back on. Back on iPod. I'm sure it's the battery. It's shot. Bloody great.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 20 Feb 11, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Well that's it, laptop gone! Won't charge or switch on. I'm do upset! I actually have spent the last 20 mins crying, how sad is that as it's only a laptop for goodness sake but I feel like I've lost an old friend! Alex has gone to get me some peanuts and sugar free/dairy free chocolate to cheer me up! That means I'm relying on my iPod and netbook so I might not be able to dibb as much. :-(
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 20 Feb 11, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post

hi
o no kel, there not that expensive new laptops are they, i have a external hardrive too, that i back up onto like pics, videos ect.

aww i love looking at my old videos from florida i cry EVERY time lol!

ooo i might look into getting one of them fairfx cards goin to speak to danny in a minute!

me and my sister went to this wedding shop today and i have seen a gorgeous dress, tried it on and it looks perfect! i love it, its £800 though, but i am thinking of buying it!
don't think il buy it off ebay now.
my sister tried a bridesmaid dress on that was gorgeous too but it was £189, so my mum knows a lady who makes wedding dresses ect, so think il buy mine from the shop as it has lots of details and then get that lady to make the bridesmaid dresses very very similar to the one she tried on as cant afford 4 bridesmaid dresses at £189 each!

villa is fab cant wait just need tickets now, going to wait to see if dollar creeps up as i remember looknig at the prices of tickets at the park and they worked out cheaper if the dollar was quite high against the pound!

going watching usher tonight so really looking forward to that

food, iv not ate much have had a few snacks sat/today though

gym three times next week again, trying that dress on has give me that boost i need to loose the weight although i do feel very slim in it.

hope everyone had good weekend xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread