Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Nov 12, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Just saw a couple of photos that Randy posted on FB. You look lovely and its looks like you've had a fab time - can't wait to see more. Enjoy your honeymoon and CONGRATULATIONS! xxxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 12, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Your pics by randy are fab! You look amazing! Great memories!
Old 25 Nov 12, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks ladies! We got home on Friday and I am still playing catch up at the moment. We had an AMAZING time and are trawling through our 1000s of photos. I will get some serious updates on here when I finally gather my thoughts. Thanks to everyone for all the help in creating our happily ever after xxx
Old 19 Dec 12, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Surely it must be time for a TR now?
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 12, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
Surely it must be time for a TR now?
Hi Tracey,

I am planning on working on our TR over Christmas. It's been non stop since we got back and I just havent even landed back on my feet yet

Sarah x
Old 4 Jan 13, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Ok so here goes (deep breath)

Well after 7 weeks since the wedding, I thought it was time to make a start on trying to report on the most amazing two weeks of our lives. It's hard to believe it was 7 weeks ago now but can't wait to share a little bit of it with you all.

Day 1 - A stressful start!
Ok so we are up at 5am (an unholy hour) and I was immediately on the Seat guru app on my phone to check the status of our flight and desperately trying to find out if we were on a refurb plane. And so begins the stress; a 2 hour delay. Not much of a delay but with 4 kiddies in tow I knew it wasn't going to go down well with the other 18 people we were travelling with. However, I found out we would be flying on Hot Lips so at least we would have the refurb plane

After successfully picking up 16 adults, 4 kids and endless suitcases, hand luggage, car seats, buggies, prams and a wedding dress - we got to Gatwick.

Now begins my first stress. As we had booked a Virgin group flight booking, we had been told we were not able to check in online 24 hours prior to flying. This wasn't a major issue but we had been told by customer services to make sure everyone was with us in the party when we checked in at LGW. Again, not a problem. So I thought I would be incredibly organised and get everyone's passports and our booking information altogether to take up to the check in desk with everyone in tow. We patiently waited in queue and pretty soon we were at the front and were called to the next available desk. It was there I was greeted by the rudest woman who simply said to me "I aint checking in that lot" A little taken aback I said "sorry" and she said "I won't be checking in that lot together so you will have to split up". :angry::angry::angry: How dare she talk to me like that. So that was it, red rag to a bull, I told everyone else to grab a check in desk by family and I had to then dish out everyone's passports and I was then in a total flap because no one else had the check in information.

Anyway, long story short, we managed to get everyone checked in and pretty much sitting together which was our main concern. However, I was stuck with the "happiest woman on earth" at the check in desk who even when Stu dropped into conversation about the wedding, did not offer any congratulations. She said "you know the flight's delayed" and Stu asked why that was and she replied "these things happen" Fair to say her attitude stank and she had managed to get our wedding trip off to a great start.

Stu's mum could see how upset I was so she went off to find a manager and express our concerns. The manager was horrified and came over to me and asked if I could point the lady out so she could deal with the issue. As I pointed her out, the manager gave me that sort of "Oh I know who you are talking about" look and rolled her eyes. She apologised and apologised, explaining that the check in staff are agency and not VA trained and but she does not expect that type of attitude towards passengers. I was satisfied by this point and off we went on our way.

Our flight out to Orlando was excellent and could not fault it at all. Even if the pilot did apologise for the delay due to the plane needing a new engine fitted after a failure. At that point, Stu had heart failure!

We landed in Orlando and were greeted by Car on the Drive at the Alamo desk. Car of the Drive were absolutely fantastic and just what we needed at the end of our delayed flight. They took all the hassle out of airport car hire, taking our luggage to the mini buses and doing all of the paperwork back at our villa. Highly recommended service considering the others in our party who chose to book alternative car hire had another 2 hour delay due to computer system failures so they ended up stuck at the airport for 2 hours longer with 4 very tired children!

We booked our 2 five bed villas through a fellow dibber on the Tuscan Hills community. Again, highly recommended.

So as soon as we got to our villa it was bags down and off to Walmart to stock up on essentials... and some non-essentials.

Stu and I had a little play around the villa community in the cars as it was our first time driving out there... and I loved it! Only trouble is I now want a new car!

Had a little problem with those staying in the other villa as after they had eventually got away from the airport, they had trouble getting into their key safe. Unfortunately the management company had given them the wrong code. Stu eventually suggested they try our key code and it just so happened to be the same and they got in... VERY LATE, VERY TIRED AND A LITTLE BIT ANGRY.

Day 2- Epcot and Courthouse
Stu and I got up very early and left everyone in bed so we could dash off to Osceola Courthouse to complete our marriage license. It was the first time Stu had driven properly but with the Sat Nav it was so easy. The courthouse was really easy to find and to be honest I couldn't quite believe how straightforward the application process was. We were the only people in the courthouse and the lady who completed our application was so lovely and had a good chat about my soon to be married named of De'ath! So license in hand we headed back to the villa to meet up with everyone else.

Everyone was starving so we headed off to Stu's family's favourite breakfast place, Sizzler. However, Stu's dad decided to lead the convoy of 5 cars to the "nearest" sizzler. 45mins and a lot of traffic later, we ended up on I-drive sizzler too late for breakfast so had the lunch buffet. I am not the biggest fan of Sizzler buffet and this certainly wasn't our best meal of the holiday but it filled a hole and off we trekked to Epcot.

Next up... expedition Epcot! Food, wine and all in between
Old 6 Jan 13, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1403 View Post
Hi Tracey,

I am planning on working on our TR over Christmas. It's been non stop since we got back and I just havent even landed back on my feet yet

Sarah x
Awesome. Well excited!

Loving this already and we're not even anywhere near the wedding day! It's so exciting hearing about a Disney wedding from someone in the UK as many of the reports I've read are American brides!

Edited at 04:53 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 13, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Day 2 Cont. Epcot

Ok so this was our first day in a Disney park and the first visit for the kids and Adam (future BIL). So Stu and I headed over to exchange our annual pass vouchers which came as part of our Escape wedding package. The lady at the desk was so lovely and asked us plenty of questions about the wedding. She then gave us stacks of "happily ever after badges" and wrote our names on. She then wrote out badges for the kids and Adam's 1st visit-i'm not sure who was more excited!

Then we popped to exchange our photopass+ voucher for our lanyard & card. On a side note, I thought the photopass+ was well worth doing. Great to get the ride photos and worked out a £5 per person with such a large group and we had over 700 photos in the end.

As we walked back we spotted our first characters, Daisy and Goofy so we dragged the kids over to meet their first characters.

After seeing the characters, it was time for some rides, so we eased everyone in with spaceship earth as there was no queue. Then we went on spaceship earth but unfortunately didn't get to do test rack as it was still undergoing refurbishment

Our next stop was the "Beverly" challenge at Club cool. Now I am sure many of you are familiar with Beverly but for those of you who aren't, basically it is a bitter tasting drink from Italy that is intended to cleanse the pallet. So as "group bonding" we each had our try of Beverly. Here are the photos of our reactions!

[URL=""]

[URL=""]

[URL=""]

So after a quick taster of Epcot we headed over to World Showcase to sample the Food and Wine festival. Just before we stopped for a rare shot of all 20 of us together.

[URL=""]

Next up... eating around the world!

Edited at 06:31 PM. Reason: wrong photo links
Old 20 Jan 13, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread