Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Sep 11, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Hi sweetie

Viviana is wonderful isn't she? I am glad she got back to you!
In answer to your questions:-

We just ate off the regular menu and everyone loved it. We had three under 12 children with us,and they loved the children's menu. We had one vegetarian in our party too, and she, I think, had a modified version of the vegetarian option (I can't really remember). I guess it depends what you mean by 'fussy'. We had a combination of different ages - children and over seventies included, and everybody loved the food. If you have any specific concerns, I am sure Viviana can answer your questions! She is extremely helpful and will bend over backwards to help! I loved her! On the day before my VR, I went up to meet her at the restaurant (as I had to take my favours etc. up there for the next day), and I took her a little present. She was thrilled!

We did get personalized menus. They were paper menus with a picture of Cinderella and Prince Charming on them and said 'Congratulations on your 'Happily Ever After' Paul and Joanne' I had intended to e-mail Viviana for the final menu a week or so before, and print out menus myself to tie in with my colours and other stationary, but time got away from me, and I never got this done! If I were to do it again, I would make sure that I did my own menus, and had them put out on the tables with the favours, so as everything tied in nicely! The personalized menus were okay, but nothing special. They are much the same in all the restaurants I think, as we had one for DS's birthday at Coral Reef one time and it was along similar lines. I would recommend doing your own if you want everything to match!

I absolutely felt we had enough room! In the second picture, the other guests you see are in fact quite a way away. I didn't feel cramped or hemmed in at all! Unfortunately, if you eat at a regular restaurant using an ADR, there will be other people there. We had a 5.30pm reservation and the restaurant was not at all crowded at first. It filled up a bit as the evening went on, but I loved that, as it meant more people calling out congratulations etc to us! We at no time felt crowded in, rushed or neglected as the restaurant got busier. We were treated like royalty all the time we were there!

I had a dress with a longish train too - it wasn't a problem!

What I really liked about Citricos was that they were more than happy for us to do little things to make our meal feel more like a reception. They were great about having our floral transferred from the ceremony to the table at the restaurant (we only used one of our ceremony arrangements on the table, and so the restaurant kept the other safely for us, until we left). They would have put our favours out for us, but I had personalized favours, which also acted as place cards, so I delivered them to the restaurant the day before, they kept them safe, and my daughter went in to the restaurant whilst we were having drinks at Mizners, and laid out the favours according to where everybody was going to sit (we had figured this out beforehand).
They were also excellent with accommodating our photographer! My one regret about our day is that I didn't book Randy long enough to be able to get some photos of us at the restaurant. He did, however, take some pretty ones at the entrance to the restaurant, by the big ornate gates. Because the restaurant was just about open for business when we arrived, these gates were obviously open. Randy wanted them shut for some photos, and they were more than happy for him to shut them so as he could get the shots he wanted!

I was 100% happy with everything at Citricos and would book it agin for a similar event in a heartbeat!

Proud DVC owner since 2007
I own at Animal Kingdom Villas and Bay Lake Tower

Edited at 01:54 PM.
Tinkerbell 766 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 11, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 766 View Post
Hi sweetie

Viviana is wonderful isn't she? I am glad she got back to you!
In answer to your questions:-

We just ate off the regular menu and everyone loved it. We had three under 12 children with us,and they loved the children's menu. We had one vegetarian in our party too, and she, I think, had a modified version of the vegetarian option (I can't really remember). I guess it depends what you mean by 'fussy'. We had a combination of different ages - children and over seventies included, and everybody loved the food. If you have any specific concerns, I am sure Viviana can answer your questions! She is extremely helpful and will bend over backwards to help! I loved her! On the day before my VR, I went up to meet her at the restaurant (as I had to take my favours etc. up there for the next day), and I took her a little present. She was thrilled!

We did get personalized menus. They were paper menus with a picture of Cinderella and Prince Charming on them and said 'Congratulations on your 'Happily Ever After' Paul and Joanne' I had intended to e-mail Viviana for the final menu a week or so before, and print out menus myself to tie in with my colours and other stationary, but time got away from me, and I never got this done! If I were to do it again, I would make sure that I did my own menus, and had them put out on the tables with the favours, so as everything tied in nicely! The personalized menus were okay, but nothing special. They are much the same in all the restaurants I think, as we had one for DS's birthday at Coral Reef one time and it was along similar lines. I would recommend doing your own if you want everything to match!

I absolutely felt we had enough room! In the second picture, the other guests you see are in fact quite a way away. I didn't feel cramped or hemmed in at all! Unfortunately, if you eat at a regular restaurant using an ADR, there will be other people there. We had a 5.30pm reservation and the restaurant was not at all crowded at first. It filled up a bit as the evening went on, but I loved that, as it meant more people calling out congratulations etc to us! We at no time felt crowded in, rushed or neglected as the restaurant got busier. We were treated like royalty all the time we were there!

I had a dress with a longish train too - it wasn't a problem!

What I really liked about Citricos was that they were more than happy for us to do little things to make our meal feel more like a reception. They were great about having our floral transferred from the ceremony to the table at the restaurant (we only used one of our ceremony arrangements on the table, and so the restaurant kept the other safely for us, until we left). They would have put our favours out for us, but I had personalized favours, which also acted as place cards, so I delivered them to the restaurant the day before, they kept them safe, and my daughter went in to the restaurant whilst we were having drinks at Mizners, and laid out the favours according to where everybody was going to sit (we had figured this out beforehand).
They were also excellent with accommodating our photographer! My one regret about our day is that I didn't book Randy long enough to be able to get some photos of us at the restaurant. He did, however, take some pretty ones at the entrance to the restaurant, by the big ornate gates. Because the restaurant was just about open for business when we arrived, these gates were obviously open. Randy wanted them shut for some photos, and they were more than happy for him to shut them so as he could get the shots he wanted!

I was 100% happy with everything at Citricos and would book it agin for a similar event in a heartbeat!
Oh Jo I just love those pictures - simply stunning!

I've spent the morning searching for Citrico's pictures reviews everything and rereading your trippie and I am completely convinced that it will be perfect for us so thats our reception meal sorted.

I am so excited!
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 11, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Yay! Great news! I am sure that you won't be disappointed!

Tinkerbell 766 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 11, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Update 19/09/2011

Yay! Great news! I am sure that you won't be disappointed!
Yeah I'm pleased and lets face it its the Grand Floridian at Walt Disney World I'm sure if we ate at the pool bar it would be amazing so I'm just over the moon with the whole thing!

So quick update of some bits and bobs:

Bridesmaids
For our UK wedding I had my younger sister and my best friend as bridesmaids and we had bought their dresses. I toyed with the idea of returning them but we found out if we did return them we'd only get back half the price we paid and be honest they're gorgeous I love them so they are wearing them still so I will still have the 2 as bridesmaids.

These are the dresses currently hanging up in our spare room:

We have also had our booking confirmation from Carrie and decided on a combination ceremony to reflect my catholic side and Lee's non religious side.

We have booked Cypress Grove Cottage Gazebo on Wednesday 12th September 2012 from 2pm til 4pm, with 3 hours coverage with Randy Chapman, my bouquet, 2 bridesmaids bouquets, 3 buttonholes and I've added one of the named wire hangers that I have seen on some other trippies which Carrie is organising for me so I am a very happy bride to be today!

I have decided to have a different wedding themed top for everyday while we're in Florida ( I can only get away with it once!) and I have made a start today and finished my first one. All the stencils are ready for the rest of them but I'm spacing them out between orders

Front:

Back:

The quality of these pics is awful cos they're on my iphone in bad light but they're really sparkly and gorgeous - can't wait to wear these on holiday! Next one to do is a pink crown motif with Mrs underneath

Next on my list of wedding to do's is find and organise an appointment with a jeweller to get my ring made as my e-ring is curved and so no standard rings will sit against it without a huge gap which I can't stand so we will need to have it made to fit the e-ring. Could be a long process!
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 11, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
NYBride2be
Proud to wear my Ears

Loving all the plans so far - that is some attention to detail! You have done a great job on the tshirts.
I'm enjoying reading the plans!
NYBride2be is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 11, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by NYBride2be View Post
Loving all the plans so far - that is some attention to detail! You have done a great job on the tshirts.
I'm enjoying reading the plans!
Thankyou! I'm glad someones reading haha!

Attention to detail may be my downfall as I have so many ideas and I'm quite fussy about the little details.

I got my shoes today though so at least thats another thing off the list, will post another pic when I take one of the back as they have a lovely pink bow that matches the sash on my bridesmaids dresses.

I also heard from the bridal shop today that my dress is due in for delivery to the shop just after Xmas so my first fitting will be around February if I want it if not they can hold it off until nearer the time but I think I want to go try it on ASAP as it may give me a bit more inspiration to lose some more weight!

that reminds me actually I need to find somewhere to get a dress box from to carry the dress in on the plane. I'll be taking it as my hand luggage as theres no way I'll let it go in the hold where I can't see it!
Old 21 Sep 11, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
My to do list Holiday & Wedding wise

For my reference really to keep track but if you have any suggestions or notice anything vital I've missed off please feel free to tell me so!

Florida
Pay off Florida balance with Val
My passport
ESTA's
Gatwick Hotel + Parking
Discovery cove tickets
Photopass

Wedding
Pay off Carrie balance
Pay off dress
Find a dress box for plane
Sort limo
Book Citricos Confirmed by Manager as pencilled in until 180+10
Find/decide if I want a hair/makeup person
Get wedding jewellery
My ring
Lee's ring
Lee's suit trousers + Shoes
Mens Ties/Cravats Got for free from Tesco using CC vouchers and sale
Mens waistcoats x3
Pick vows, ceremony details, music etc
Arrange cake for Citrico's
Old 21 Sep 11, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Wow sweetie, everything looks fabulous! love the BM dresses and those shoes are to die for!

This is the box I used for my dress!

I took it with no problem as hand-luggage with VA. The lady who does them (Julie) is really lovely and offers an excellent service for a reasonable price! As you can see, she adds your wedding details on the front of the box and ribbon in your choice of colour on the handle. I actually changed the ribbon (because I had a bit over from making my invites) so everything color-matched! I am so sad!
Here is the link to her E-bay shop

stores.ebay/Box-of-Memo...id=p4340.l2563

Old 21 Sep 11, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
NYBride2be
Proud to wear my Ears

The shoes are fab! WHere did you get them? Do they come in flats? !
I can't wear heels as (a) I'd be taller than himself! and (b) I can't walk in them
I am feeling so disorganised! We have the venue booked with Carrie and thats about it! Randy is booked upso hoping Carrie can sort someone else out. I have looked in one shop for a dress, saw one I love, but am going to go round to some more shops.
I hadn't even thought of dress box or anything! I really need to keep an eye on this thread to get ideas! and to know what I should be thinking of!
NYBride2be is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 11, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Wow sweetie, everything looks fabulous! love the BM dresses and those shoes are to die for!

This is the box I used for my dress!

I took it with no problem as hand-luggage with VA. The lady who does them (Julie) is really lovely and offers an excellent service for a reasonable price! As you can see, she adds your wedding details on the front of the box and ribbon in your choice of colour on the handle. I actually changed the ribbon (because I had a bit over from making my invites) so everything color-matched! I am so sad!
Here is the link to her E-bay shop

stores.ebay/Box-of-Memo...id=p4340.l2563
That box is so lovely Jo! I think I'll definitely get one of those, what size did you get? I don't know how I'm going to get my dress into one box?!

Originally Posted by NYBride2be View Post
The shoes are fab! WHere did you get them? Do they come in flats? !
I can't wear heels as (a) I'd be taller than himself! and (b) I can't walk in them
I am feeling so disorganised! We have the venue booked with Carrie and thats about it! Randy is booked upso hoping Carrie can sort someone else out. I have looked in one shop for a dress, saw one I love, but am going to go round to some more shops.
I hadn't even thought of dress box or anything! I really need to keep an eye on this thread to get ideas! and to know what I should be thinking of!
I don't know if I'm allowed to post about the shoes as I did them myself, thats part of my little business. I'll PM you as I don't want to get in trouble with the DIBB mods cos I'm not sure what I can say and what I can't with regard to my business?

I am a super organised mega manic planner so you're probably not disorganised at all I'm just over organised haha! Thats such a shame about Randy! Jason (last name escapes me at the minute) is another photog who I love and is recommended on here usually.

Feel free to follow the thread and I'll help you anyway I can Its so much easier when you have other people to bounce ideas off!
Closed Thread