Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jan 12, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes too many good options but I like the last one as I like the joining of the 2 letters like ours xxx
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 12, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post

I definitely prefer the very last one you posted
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 12, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

I like them all!
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 12, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post

So monograms are on the back burner a little bit now, I've done so many I've confused myself so I'm going to revisit them in a few months and see which ones I like

Emma has put me onto Ultra Diamonds, and I have found 2 wedding bands I adore - both at different ends of the price scale! I don't have a lot of space for rings on my finger, so I need to keep my wedding band as slim as possible so I can one day fit an eternity ring on there!

This is the cheaper of the two, and I think might be my slight favourite:

This is about triple the price, but still gorgeous!

Sorry for the tiny pictures, Ultra Diamonds website is hard to steal pictures from!

In other news, we are going to save our little socks off this year and try to get over for a somewhat planning session in Septemberish 2013, so next year baby! Our guest list seems to have grown substantially, with we are hovering around 20 people now, with a probable list of 14, which puts us too big for Chef's Domain at Citricos... so here we are at take 5... i think!

We still want to eat at Citricos, but now probably in the main restaurant. I've seen pictures of a keyhole shaped table that they set up for bigger parties, and it would work brilliantly for us so we can sit on the round bit and still see everyone! I've heard reviews of the amazing service they provide, including setting up place name cards and favours on the table before you arrive too! As the bar is so close to the restaurant, it will allow us to have a somewhat cocktail hour - at least having somewhere organised for our guests to go while we carry on with pictures... so yay!

We have said to Paul's 2 kids, that they can bring a friend each to the wedding. We worked out, that we could either have the kids stay with us at the Contemporary, or we could use that money and have 4 of them stay either at an All Stars, or if we get free dining, one of the moderates, in 2 rooms... ! I say kids... they will be 18 and 21 but thats not the point hehe... so we have said we will fund their friends accommodation, park tickets and dining plans, they just need spending money and to pay for their flights

Paul and I are off to Australia on Tuesday for a week and a half for my sister's 21st birthday, and I've still not packed a thing!
Old 12 Jan 12, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

I'm not sure which one I prefer I keep changing my mind.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 12, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Chilly80 View Post
I'm not sure which one I prefer I keep changing my mind.
Me either! If we get over in Sept next year I will be popping in to try them on I like the idea of the micro pave, so there isn't a distinct stone, just a lot of glittery sparkle, yet i like the diamonds all the way around the band like in the second one

The stone in my engagment ring is stunning so I don't want to take away from this either...
Old 16 Jan 12, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Just caught up with your PJ Tabz - our plans have changed 20 times over but I think thats good so once your wedding day comes around you'll be absolutely sure you've got the right day & made the right choices.

I love those monograms! I don't know where I'd use one though as our invites have a different little minnie & mickey head pattern but never mind lol

Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
In other news, we are going to save our little socks off this year and try to get over for a somewhat planning session in Septemberish 2013, so next year baby! Our guest list seems to have grown substantially, with we are hovering around 20 people now, with a probable list of 14, which puts us too big for Chef's Domain at Citricos... so here we are at take 5... i think!

We still want to eat at Citricos, but now probably in the main restaurant. I've seen pictures of a keyhole shaped table that they set up for bigger parties, and it would work brilliantly for us so we can sit on the round bit and still see everyone! I've heard reviews of the amazing service they provide, including setting up place name cards and favours on the table before you arrive too! As the bar is so close to the restaurant, it will allow us to have a somewhat cocktail hour - at least having somewhere organised for our guests to go while we carry on with pictures... so yay!
We are having our reception at Citrico's after our Cypress Grove wedding and they really are fab. The manager there is so lovely & accomodating. Our plan is for our guests to go to Mizners for drinks while we have photos around the GF resort with Randy then we'll go up to get changed (I'm having 2 dresses ) and meet everyone in Citrico's - there will be between 14-19 of us depending on some maybes at the moment but the manager has said its no problem, we have to have the first seating which is 5.30 for our guests to order their first drink etc and we'll join them at 5.45 so I've got time to get changed quickly. We're all going to be sat together and they are organising for our cake to be delivered there also. Can't recommend it enough - plus you'll be able to have a nosey at our report & pics come September
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 12, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Oo I can't wait to hear how your meal goes - on the 'other' boards one of the brides posted her vendor review of them, and man they went above and beyond so I'm really comfortable with that decision.

Have found your sparkley facebook page... i'm drooling just a little bit hehehe, are you located in the same place as the business? I'm just down the road in Ilford! xxx
Old 21 Feb 12, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Time for a bit of an update!

Wedding Bands
I recently sold the gold from my first engagement ring and wedding band, and while we were in the jewellers Paul spotted a gorgeous ring... to be honest I'd seen it before and begged him to try it on but he resisted... well I won this time and oooooh myyyyy goooood it was stunning! It's an 18ct white gold channel set diamond band, I think it's 6mm wide, and the channel of diamonds goes all the way around, but is offset to one side, if that makes any sense! I didn't take any pics unfortuantely and it is a little out of our financial reach at the moment... nearly £1300! It's beautiful and worth every penny. After speaking to the jeweller about bands for me.. I will need a cut in band to match my engagement ring, he said he could make me a bespoke ring that matched Paul's ring... brilliant! Love that idea! So we have decided that when we can afford both rings we'll go in there and get him to make 2 bespoke rings in that style.. sorted!

Possible change of Date
We talk about the wedding and Disney pretty much every day without fail... well I talk and he listens and usually nods in the right places hehe. We have been talking about our September next year trip quite a bit, and during discussions have starting swaying towards November rather than December. We would go and do a proper site visit in November 2013, then if we like that time of year while we are there we will get pencilled in - which is SO EXCITING! We're thinking 11/11/14 at the moment but that may change, we want to be well out of Florida before Thanksgiving!

Save the dates... kind of
I had designed save the date bookmarks - with the wording - Save the Month for Tabitha and Paul's Wedding, Walt Disney World, Florida, December 2014... well that just won't do any more, so I changed it to this: (photobucket is being stupid I'll fix it with the pic when I get home )

Going to get them printed through Vistaprint, it's on a template called a Rack Card - you see them on counters at spas and stuff, then will slice them in half to create the two bookmarks Thought it would be more useful in the long run than a magnet hehe - I will be doing magnets but until we know the actual date for certain and it's been booked and deposit paid

Future In-laws...
As you might remember from the start of my PJ, Paul's parents were not keen on the flight so had said they probably wouldn't come... that really upset both of us, especially Paul.. he is an only child and has pretty much no other family apart from the kids and his parents, so it was a real shame they didn't want to come. We were around there on Saturday night for dinner and somehow the conversation turned to the wedding... well did we sell WDW or did we sell it! Told them all about the parks and what they could do without having to go on rides, and how good Virgin's planes are to what they are used to flying (either budget or charter), the amazing hotels etc etc etc... then got to showing his mum my dress ideas and the flowers we have chosen, Paul took his dad up stairs and showed him the Contemporary... and they got soooooo excited! I'm so happy we have sold it to them, I think Paul is doing happy dances on the insides!

So that brings our probable guest list up to 20, which is perfect

Dessert Party
I'd love a dessert party for Wishes, but just can't justify the cost of piping the music etc in, so I'm going to try and get a reservation, or a couple of reservations hehe to take everyone to the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party the night before the wedding - I don't know how practical this will be or if I can even do it but I'm going to try my hardest! It will cost around $700 and everyone should have park admission already, and to pipe the music in for Wishes alone is $500!

Think thats all for now! Thanks for reading! xx

Edited at 10:41 AM.
Old 21 Feb 12, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Love all your plans so far! Dress number 4 is gorgeous! Love it! Love all the monograms too, very hard to choose a favourite!
So glad you have convinced your future in-laws to come to the wedding, Paul must be relieved! And it's safe to say they will have a ball, it is Disney after all!
Looking forward to reading more of your plans
Closed Thread