Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Feb 12, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Well done on the last few days Sophie, hope jillian comes today for you to try enjoy the wedding fair. Sorry to hear about lees job and maybe a new start would be good for him? Sounds like he could do with getting out soon!

I'm in the tyre place now getting 2 new tyres, not what I need to be spending money on but it's a necessity with my long commutes! I hate the garage I got my car from, always have problems there! They told me I need to pay over £400 to get air con fixed as its eroded (never use it as roof down if it's hot!) then £130 each for 2 new tyres plus pay for alignment (this place I am now is £84 each with free alignment) then an oil leak £90 nut I do t want to give them any money as so awful so need to get that booked in with dada friend now, hopefully at a weekend now with new job, and my brake pads are 60% worn

So they were results from the winter check, then Bluetooth I told them wont connect...they said that's not a vauxhall system so we can't fix it, well I ordered it with my car from you and paid you?! Let us check...Oh yes you did but it was an external contractor so you'll have to ring him to fix it?! I'm moody now! Lol xxx
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 12, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Oh I hate anything to do with getting cars fixed/serviced/MOT'd! We had to put 2 new tyres On 2 days before Xmas that was perfect timing! It's due an MOT too soon - dreading it!

Yeah I think it will work out for him long term to get out of there but it's scary for him I think as he doesn't know what to do. But he's got time to sort it out.
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 12, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Hello girls!

Just a quickie on the end of my lunch break

Just went on shakyplate, not convinced I'm seeing results. My jeans do feel looser than say 2 weeks ago but that has got to be mostly from diet and exercise, surely.

I will sit down and reply better from the last couple of days later or tomorrow after gym and cleaning. Planning tomorrow and tonight to do 30 mins cardio (xtrainer), 20 mins resistance and 10 mins abs...that ought to do I think! But will do more cardio if time with buses etc.

Emz, that is poo about your car!

Just posting todays food, much better than the rest of the week (went over yesterday with a couple of sweet treats):

B - special k
S - banana (said no to lemon merigue pie!)
L - NCG veg soup & Sunbites
S - M&S Popcorn
D - fishcakes, sweet potato wedges, broccoli
P - jelly and maybe a brownie and maybe hot chocolate
TOTAL (without pudding) - 974
So definitely need to do the treats tonight to get up to 1200 mark especially with exercise

Best get back to work but will check in better when I can...got a few DVDs to watch at the weekend - planning Julia & Julia, Letters to Juliet and The Lakehouse, and me and Matt will watch Pirates 3 on Saturday night, looking forward to snuggling in from the cold, well rewarded after all my exercise!

Byeeeeee xx

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 12, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkgirl
Imagineer

Pinkgirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 34
Oooh new thread! You lot dont half chatter

Kel - poop about the job, fingers crossed for your new start
Em - poop abou the car! Mine has an awful creak and a whine - I'm sure it knows its MOT and Service time so it just makes itself ill.
Nat - what on earth is a shakeyplate lol!
Michelle and Sophie - I have been on here loads and still forget who is who with the usernames lol

I have been good all week, but have used up my syns everyday with a couple of glasses of wine. BUT, I havent gone over so hopefully I will loose this week.

However - and there's always a however isnt there! We are going to the Italian tonight for tea - end of term treat for Paige cos our child is such a foodie. I am determined however to keep under control. No creamy sauces or anything fried. And no garlic bread - boo hoo.

My Princess
2016 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2014 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2012 - Rosen Inn, Yacht Club; 2010 - POFQ; 2009 - POR; 2008 - Wyndham, POFQ, Renaissance Seaworld; 2003 - Holiday Inn, I Drive; 2000 - Hojo, I Drive, All Star Movies; 1997 - Best Western, I Drive
Pinkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 12, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi everyone

Thanks for all your job related comments, it is indeed poop! I don't think I'd be as bothered if I'd of chosen it but its a move that’s been forced upon me and it dawned on me the other day that in my working career I've never actually allowed something like that to happen to me before as when I've changed roles, I've always actually chosen that change myself. I think that sort of shows all my drive for this job has evaporated and is probably why I fell so fed up. I definitely hate a. being the new girl and b. having to start again. It also involves 16 weeks of training and to be quite frank I'd rather watch my kettle boil for 16 months than do all this training which I'm just not interested in. My manager said to me yesterday that he's never seen me so fed up in his life and he hates to see me like that, but I don't know what to say, I don't want to do this new job and I spent the afternoon yesterday dealing with my crying colleague, I truly have better things to do. But what can you do when it pays the bills and it is flexible enough for me to pursue my outside of work activities.

Anyway, I'll cope, sadly despite my reluctance, I'll no doubt put on a bubbly face come Monday and learn everything I need to learn and do what I need to do. There better be a bonus at the end of this that’s all I can say!

Anyway, enough of that - it’s the weekend!

I had an early morning Pump class today, that Alex too again with the trainer. It was so funny in the gym today because they were having maintenance done on the women’s changing rooms and cause it was being done by men they'd decided to swap the changing rooms over so the men were in the women’s and the women’s in the men’s. Well, you should have seen us girls in the men’s! It was like we'd been thrown into a lions pit and we all clung together in a pack venturing round and complaining, and the look on faces when they discovered cubicles with urinals in was classic. The doors didn’t shut in the toilets and there were no changing rooms and the shampoo and shower gel was all one colour and there was no conditioner and the showers communal. One girl came running out of the shower with a look of terror on her face up to me and my instructor who was chatting after class saying ''what the hell, why is the shower gel and shampoo both WHITE and where is the conditioner? !'' Another girl said to me ''I feel unclean! '' Talk about out of comfort zone. The men on the other hand had the luxury of the girls changing rooms and when Alex came out he was like ''OMG, you have heating and full length mirrors and cubicles! '' they were buzzing.
The funniest thing though was after class I was just finished and coming out of the changing room and found a thoroughly bewildered bloke who'd clearly missed the signs in our changing room, totally bewildered, muttering obscenities under his breath, staring at a totally naked old woman as if his eyes were bleeding.
I told him he was in the wrong changing room and for his own sanity to turn around now - was like finding a lost child out in a shopping centre, I honestly thought he was going to cry! Was hilarious. Poor guy
I always think that as much as men think they would like to come into a women’s changing room, most of them would be sorely disappointed as I find the ones that walk round starkers are the ones that have stopped caring what people think of them and everyone else is a lot more discreet! I think it may take a while for that bloke to get over what he saw today.

I really struggled during our bodypump class today for some reason, I was just weak. I really struggled to lift the weights as that I normally do and felt my energy was so low. Think I might have to eat a lot more before going as I felt it. I also developed a headache half way through and so said to Alex that I didn’t feel like I could do combat straight after and it was heaving too, like 40 odd people there, so we went to leave but our pump instructor and our combat instructor clocked us leaving and came to see what was going on. I said I had a headache but the combat instructor was like ''aww please don’t leave, cant you just stay and do a half assed job and I promise not to make you shout (she likes us to make a lot of noise)’’ Then the pump instructor joined in and said she was staying and it would be good if we stayed I'll be okay if I drink a lot and so on... so I gave in and stayed and actually as it went on it was okay. The combat instructor had been told by the pump instructor that Alex likes to be at the front nowadays () so she dragged him up with her so it was quite good and to be fair she didn’t make me shout/sing or do any of the normal noise se makes us do. Oddly enough I found I worked pretty hard and was sweating cobs at the end. Only trouble was that she decided to do an old release that we hadn’t done before so I didn’t know the moves as well as the new one which threw me a bit but was okay. After the class Alex said ''fancy doing spin now? !'' I think he was joking but I said yeah why not and so instead of doing 1 hour of exercise I ended up doing 3 hours in back to back classes. Tried to get our pump instructor to come to spin with us but she was having none of it as she said she finds spin too hard, especially after pump and combat - pah, lightweight! (Joking of course, as she’s kick ass ). Tried to mong out in spin but our instructor got me and Alex to lead the longest climb and so we had to do all the spin turns and where we were - sat, just above or stood, so I worked hard in that too!

My head was really hurting after spin and so we came straight home where Alex warmed up some home made soup and bread and then I had a long nap and feel human again. Tomorrow my parents are coming over for tea and I'm doing a lovely fresh organic beef stew and for pud I have lemon curd organic yoghurts so nice and healthy and tasty

Either I'm mad or stupid or both but when I got up I decided that I wanted to do a bodycombat session tomorrow as well as I'd missed the new release today and as our gym doesn’t offer them I called the local sports centre who do and they have a 9am class (with an instructor we know luckily as she works at FF on a Wed) so we are going to that tomorrow morning. I'm super excited really as these classes are huge, these are the 90+ classes I was telling you about and the ones I want Alex to teach so I'm really excited to see what its like to be in such a big huge class and have the instructors on giant stages at the front! Its only £3.35 per session too so not so bad.

Michelle - it took me AGES to learn everyone’s names and having had quite a few new recruits over the last few weeks it’s been harder but am hoping I've got them all right, I think so looking at Emz's list!

Emma - Its soooo hard when you come back from a holiday isn’t it? It’s like starting again. Sorry to hear you are feeling like crap too, that's not going to help at all! If you eat well though and keep yourself fully hydrated, you'll start to feel better in no time. So long as you make sure the quality of your carbs are good - complex carbs - its not a problem eating them, the problem comes when you eat the simple carbs like white bread, white rice, white pasta, white cereals, crisps, sugar, and so on as they just make you pretty much instantly hungrier so you are trying to win a losing battle and will make your life and your transition back to losing weight so much harder. Eating a high protein diet will stabilize your blood sugar meaning you don’t get massive hunger pangs and will help your body repair its muscles and be stronger so do try and follow your PTs advice-especially as you have a short space in which to lose weight and get fit, I know you are a carbaholic – me too (which may surprise some people) but its being a carboholic that made you gain all the weight so you are going to have to give it your best shot. Like I say though, carbs are not bad, so long as you eat the right ones, count your calories and up your protein intake. It will be worth it. Hope you feel better soon.

This is not to you Em as such, but to everyone really, me included. I can’t think what the saying is exactly but its something like ‘’if you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten’’ and I think that is true for weight. If you don’t change and break eating habits, then you will always gain weight or yo-yo between diets. There is no point clinging to old eating habits if that’s what got you big in the first place. There should be no sentimentality in eating fatty, bad, comforting foods that means you are fat, unhealthy and unhappy - things have to change and in this case the change is good and will make you stronger and that in turn will be transferred to other aspects of your life.

Emz – your workout sounds AMAZING! I think I know what you mean by them all. The iron chair one is a personal favorite of mine, I get my trainee to do it and I used to do it a lot when learning squat techniques of all things. The flipping the matone is the same move as they do on BL but they use the giant tyre so I know that is way harder than it looks. I really enjoy the combat style moves, I think thats why I love combat so much as its basically an hour of that, punches, jabs, hooks, upper cuts, kicks – side, roundhouse, push – and then various ducking exercises, lunges and jumping. Combat is the one I come out of dripping wet! I so hope you get to do some cause each time I hear you describe stuff I think how much I reckon you’d enjoy combat and pump. The only thing is in combat you aren’t hitting something, i.e. a pad, but you still get the effect. I had a good look in pump today and it was about 50/50 for men and then combat seemed to be the same, possibly the men had the edge even.
Sorry to hear about your car; I HATE garages and service and MOT costs! I’m convinced they are always ripping us off, especially after last time when they tried to charge us £200 for a new tyre (yeah 200!) as it had a nail in it and we went for a 2nd opinion elsewhere to a small garage who took one look, said it didn’t look like a full nail and so popped the nail out, turned out it was just a nail head and not a full nail so the tyre wasn’t popped and they charged us nothing! Am not bothering with the big chains anymore, I think the smaller ones are way better. Have a lovely relaxing weekend hun, hope you get to go visit that gym.

Sophie – sorry to hear about Lee’s work situation, its sounds very frustrating. Hopefully he could do something else and get out of there as it sounds like a nightmare! Hope you get and enjoy the Jilllian DVD, shes hardcore and it works well so I’m sure the 13s will soon be a thing of the past. Have fun at the wedding show!

Natalie – sorry to hear about your dominos the other day but you were stuck between a rock and a hard place to be honest so hopefully you didn’t eat too much and you’ll be able to burn it off at the weekend. No, im not convinced by the vibro either but every little helps I suppose! Have a good DVD marathon!

Marie – Hopefully you’ll lose this week even with the wine but if notI guess that’s where you can make the change. Alcohol is not a dieters friend, especially white wine, red is not so bad though, shame it all tastes so good! Good luck at the Itallian! You should lose weight regardless as you are back on a diet so that first week is usually a goodie.

Alex is shouting me as he wants me to film him doing bodypump, he thinks he’s rounding his shoulders a bit and I want to start this stew for tomorrow so better go. Will report back after my mega combat tomorrow! Have a good weekend all. xx
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 12, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ladies...I come back here with my head hung in shame...we just got a pizza hut for dinner. Scott really wanted one for our valentines treat as he's playing football Tuesday (romantic ey?!) and then wednesday im getting a facial and waxing and Thursday I want to go to bootcamp, and he had a text for bogof and free side so I got a salad as the side without dressing, and then ate 3 slices of pizza...and do you know how bad I feel?!

It's given me the motivation to do a damn goud workout tomorrow while Scott's working though, and my cals are at just over 1300 for today now which is fine but I know they're the wrong carbs! Maybe like you Nat I have finally turned a corner?! Don't get me wrong it was yummy but I know it's bad for me which has taken over now!

We're watching bugs life now

Tomorrow we will now have the fish pie meant for today and then Sunday beef stew.

Kel - wow well done on this morning! Sounds great, we plan to go to the gym tomorrow to look around need to get Scott into the thinking healthily now although he has apologised for ordering pizza and making me naughty! Lol. Poor man in your changing rooms this morning! Hope you enjoy your yummy organic tea tomo.

Nat - sorry to hear about your gym tomo, what are you going to do instead? Good cals day for you!

Sophie - well done on your workout!

Marie - Hope you and Paige enjoy your Italian! What did you have? Xxx
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 12, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Just a quickie will be back on properly later.

Just to let you all know Jillian has well and truly arrived I did level 1 today before dinner and oh my god she's fab! Gonna start officially today on the 30 day shred and will post my food on here too

So today - 30DS level 1 20 mins - 200 cals burned according to my calculations?
B- weight watchers cookies & tea 140cals
S- nectarine 60 cals
L- ham toastie with square wrap not bread285 cals
S- nectarine 60 cals
D- chicken in bacon with some oven chips & steamed veg. Yoghurt for pud 540cals

So I've got 310 cals left out of my 1200 - not hungry at the min but were going to blockbuster to get a film in a min do might get something yummy as a treat not too bad of course!

What do you all have as a treat? I never know what to have soni just have nothing but I think that makes me worse as then I binge on chocolate or something onceive had enough of only healthy stuff. I'm guessing a treat with the cal allowance every now and then is better?
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 12, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Hi everyone
Another quickie from me
Just sat down so will check in again tomorrow and catch up a bit better tomorrow!

My food is the same as previously posted but also had a frube at work

About to have a hot chocolate and choccie bar of some description, will update MFP

Did well at gym, 500 cals burned on Xtrainer and then 15 mins of both resistance (mainly arms) and abs. And the walk to the gym too!

Gym opens too late tomorrow for Matt to drop me in and to bus both ways is a bit of a trek from here so am going to do the Kate DVD (I don't remember there being too much jumping?!) instead and then my DVD marathon! Also going to put the blue soles on my shoes!

Look forward to more Dibb time tomorrow! xxx

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 12, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi ya, just a real quickie as Emz post reminded me of this. The other day my friend went to Pizza Hut and when filling in MFP i noticed some of the contributed cals in there were a bit off, not all of them but just some and so i found this nutritional info sheet for pizza hut which i thought id post on here and then i forgot but Em reminded me with her naughty pizza - although 3 slices isnt so bad, personally i think it shows control anyway that you stopped there so dont beat your self up too much hun. That said deffo use that drive to power through your workout tomorrow and burn off those cals before they turn to fat and sit on your hips. ;-) Seriously, it could have been a lot worse. Xx
Here's the link anyway in case its of use to anyone:
pizzahut/assets/res...izzas-0911.pdf

Look at the cals and fat on some of those slices! I bet im not alone when i say i used to polish off a whole pizza at one point in my life! No wonder i was over 16 stone! Yikes
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 12, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Eek that's scary Kel! I still can eat a whole pizza, a large one with a garlic bread on the side, and wouldn't be able to stop which is why Emz was so good and it's the reason I don't order pizza unless I intend to eat the whole thing!
Scary numbers though!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Closed Thread