Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Apr 12, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Kara,

Another planning journal to read how exciting! Lovely story so far and can't wait to hear about all of your plans. You have certainly come to the right place, our past and future disney brides are experts!

Happy planning

Sarah
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 12, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Congratulations!

We booked our flights & hotels long before we booked our Disney wedding so I don't think you need worry on that.

Randy is great you won't go wrong with him.

I think you'll find your little niece will count in the guest count if she is 2.5 years old when you go.

Disney rules are always changing but presently if you add a DP you'll trigger the $7500 minimum spend clause.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 12, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsPorter2011
Apprentice Imagineer

Congratulations. Happy planning :-)
Trip #8 March 2017
MrsPorter2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 12, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Kara
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for reading along everyone, hopefully I will get on and start looking at things properly soon so will have a decent update for you all. Thanks so much for all of your help!

Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
Awesome start Kara, can't wait to read more of your plans

As long as you are flexible with your date and time you should be able to get the venue you want. I will be booking our flights and accommodation as soon as they are released at Virgin Holidays this time next year - we are hoping for 11/11/14 - will be able to book our planning trip for 2013 on the 25th April So no, I don't think it's risky, I think booking ASAP is the way forward. If she books directly with disney and wants to shift the reservation a day or two either side they are usually pretty good with stuff like that.

When it comes to your meal, there are heaps of places you could go. There is a semi-private room at the Yachtsman Steakhouse at Yacht Club, if you like steak, then of course you have California Grill, the resturants at GF, but if you are going from dinner to a dessert party at EPCOT maybe it's worth staying in the Boardwalk area?

Happy planning! xx
Thanks for the reply Tabz, from your suggestion we are definitely tempted by the Yachtsman, most of our families are going to have cars so transporting them shouldn't be a problem.

Originally Posted by Chilly80 View Post
Congratulations!

We booked our flights & hotels long before we booked our Disney wedding so I don't think you need worry on that.

Randy is great you won't go wrong with him.

I think you'll find your little niece will count in the guest count if she is 2.5 years old when you go.

Disney rules are always changing but presently if you add a DP you'll trigger the $7500 minimum spend clause.
Hi Chilly,

I read in the Passporters Wedding book that children aged under 3 don't count but it's mentioned under the memories section so I will clarify when I contact Disney but it shouldn't be too much of a problem anyway as far as I know, we don't have anyone else planning on coming.

As for the minimum spend clause we will just have to make it work as we really don't want to have to cut it off the day.
Kara is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 12, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post

wedding 2013

hi kara my name is kirsty me and my partner decided we would like to get married in florida we are getting married next year in july we have booked with virgin holidays booked the holiday got our wedding dates in but we cant book the venue intill june this year thats when the new brochures come out we got engaged there last year it was magical we loved disney soooo much and that is why we want to go back and get married there . wedding dresses are expensive to buy in the bridal shops im going to buy my dress online take a look at these two websites jjs house and lightinabox im going to buy my dress from one of these sites you can also buy wedding dresses on ebay . congratulations on your wedding next year let me know how your wedding plans are going and let me know how you get on with the websites.

kirsty
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 12, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Hi Kara, congratulations!

Your wedding plans sound wonderful, and what a honeymoon.

Looking forward to reading more of your plans.

Sarah xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 12, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi Kara! Just wanted to say your plans are looking great so far I'll be checking the thread for any updates!xx
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 12, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Kara
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by minnie mouse 6 View Post
hi kara my name is kirsty me and my partner decided we would like to get married in florida we are getting married next year in july we have booked with virgin holidays booked the holiday got our wedding dates in but we cant book the venue intill june this year thats when the new brochures come out we got engaged there last year it was magical we loved disney soooo much and that is why we want to go back and get married there . wedding dresses are expensive to buy in the bridal shops im going to buy my dress online take a look at these two websites jjs house and lightinabox im going to buy my dress from one of these sites you can also buy wedding dresses on ebay . congratulations on your wedding next year let me know how your wedding plans are going and let me know how you get on with the websites.

kirsty
Hi Kirsty,
Thanks for the tip, I'm currently refusing to look at dresses until I have lost some weight plus I hate dresses normally so wedding dresses are kind of freaking me out, but I'll be sure to check out the websites you suggested. Are you going to start a Planning journal on here too? I really don't think I would make it to August next year without everyone on here's help.

Thanks for reading Sarah and Jellybean
Kara is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 12, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Kara
Proud to wear my Ears

Step 1 of 600

Today I am super EXCITED!

Since Disney announced free DDP etc on Tuesday I have spent any free minute at the computer trying to find prices etc for my mum so she can book her holiday and Larne and I have been deciding over the likes of SSP/OKW to a value resort.

After much deliberating and then lots of persuasion we finally have booked our accommodation for our first 10 nights (the Disney leg of the journey).

So on 19th August 2013 we will check into Art of Animation for 10 nights!

We have booked a Little Mermaid room as shown here.

I am thinking that I may book a AKL for a couple of nights over the wedding, through DVC, but I'm not too sure how it all works (the only thing I know is I can't look at that until later in the year) so I will add this on to the already huge list of things to research and sort out.

Although we really wanted to stay in a Deluxe with free DDP it was out of the reach for our families and with it being the difference between us being close to my family or not we decided that we would all go into AoA. Plus we will spend a fair amount of our time off site so it seemed the best option for us. We also booked 14 day Ultimate tickets for both of us, figuring if we do receive free annual passes when we book our wedding then we would get better use out of them going a following year instead of the 5ish days we will spend in Disney on this trip as we still want to fit in Universal and a day at Seaworld. (Larne didn't register the fact this meant another year going to Disney and not to see his bro in Canada )

This now means it all feels very real and as Larne said last night that is step 1 of 600 to our wedding!
Old 14 Apr 12, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tnkrbell
Imagineer

tnkrbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Looking forward to reading more Kara! Looking at some of the DFTW stuff now and the mind boggles!

November Pre Trippie
Our Happily Ever After 29/10/2014 Cypress Grove Estate House Wedding Day Report
2 weeks of offsites/onsites food report
tnkrbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread