Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Mar 13, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Great update! It's all starting to come together now, exciting
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 13, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Kara
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by SnowWhiteGsy View Post
Great update! It's all starting to come together now, exciting
Thanks, we still have a million and one things to do but we are finally getting somewhere, I'm hoping to do another update in the next couple of days with the other bits
Kara is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 13, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
NatalieG
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
It all sounds amazing looking forward to hearing more about it x

Past Visits: 2012 (WDW), 2013 (WDW), 2015 (WDW), 2017 (DLP), 2019 (WDW), 2023 (WDW - 50th Anniversary).
Planned Upcoming Visits: December 2023 (WDW)
NatalieG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 13, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Kara
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by NatalieG View Post
It all sounds amazing looking forward to hearing more about it x
Thanks for reading
Kara is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 13, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Kara
Proud to wear my Ears

Evening all,

So last weekend we ordered Teigan's dress, they have said it could take up to 16 weeks to arrive, so now to just wait until we get the call.

Save the Dates

A few months ago, as soon as we had got our date confirmed me ordered and sent off our Save the Dates.
Here they are:

Invites

As we are now under 5 months away I have designed them myself but took inspiration from a few I saw on Etsy, heres what they look like:

Heres the inspiration:

I have designed two types one for the actual wedding and one for our UK reception, the only differences are the date in the box and the wording. I am aiming to print them all out at home to cut costs but I have come across some printer technical difficulties.

We aren't too sure when we are going to send these out yet probably April/May time.

UK Reception

As mentioned above we have also booked the venue for our UK reception on 28th September, 2 weeks after we get back from Honeymoon, we have booked it at a local hotel (Aubrey Park for anyone around Hemel) which includes buffet and DJ. We are also going to do a candy buffet which will feature a few american sweets

Jewellery

This is an area that next to no thought has gone into really, however I saw this on one of Randy Chapman's photos and love it, I just have no idea how to find one.

We are planning to get our rings custom made as Larne doesn't really like any we've seen in shops so far but this is as far as we have got with rings.

Suit Ideas

As we are getting married in August I am very conscious about the weather and how hot it is going to be for the men, and when looking recently I have seen loads of photos of 'informal' grooms, I love this look and think its much more Larne like than a normal suit. Heres an idea of the sort of thing we are thinking of, as yet however Larne is still to go suit shopping, so will update you once he has been.

Dinner on the Wedding Day

We have now also booked Schula's for our meal, we have booked a private room and have altered the menu slightly to accomodate our guests better and have removed the dessert from the meal, as we will be going to our DP and didn't want to waste food. We are just waiting for our Event Order to come over and organise timings.

Thats all for now but our next main things to do are sort out an officiant, complete our planning worksheets and send them back to DFTW, start to book accommodation for the other stops on our trip.
Old 14 Jun 13, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Your wedding plans sound great! And your honeymoon sounds amazing! I'd love to go to SF.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 13, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Kara
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by tiggs300 View Post
Your wedding plans sound great! And your honeymoon sounds amazing! I'd love to go to SF.
Thanks for reading, I've always wanted to go, I can't wait.

9 Weeks today
Old 23 Jun 13, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
bel
Imagineer

bel's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Im sure Ive seen that bracelet on ebay Kara, I will take a look for you and send the link if I find it! Fab plans xxxx
bel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 13, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Kara
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi All,

So I have been awful at updating this but I thought as we fly out a week on Sunday I should share what our plans are as almost everything is done now.

So the wedding day has pretty much stayed the same from our original plan and will go like this.

I will be getting ready at our room at AoA with my mum and sister, we have Beaute Special coming to do our hair and make up, mean while Larne gets ready at his families villa with his best man Andy.

Larne is being picked up at 12.30 by the limo ,and heading to SeaBreeze Point to meet Danny our planner. I will then be picked up at 2 along with my family. We have Randy taking photos but timings aren't confirmed yet, we are also in the process of deciding if we want Videography by STVS or not... to be confirmed.

At the ceremony Larne is having Passenger - Let her go played, I am then walking into Lana Del Ray - Video Games.

We have Rev Kev booked as our officiant, we are having the non religious ceremony with vows we have chosen ourselves and a reading by Larnes younger cousins.

This is the reading:
He never leaves the seat up
Or wet towels upon the floor
The toothpaste has the lid on
And he always shuts the door!

She’s very clean and tidy
Though she may sometimes delude
Leave your things out at your peril
In a second they’ll have moved!

He’s a very active person
As are all his next of kin
Where as she likes lazy days
He’ll still drag her to the gym!

He romances her and dines her
Home cooked dinners and the like
He even knows her favourite food
And spoils her day and night!

She’s thoughtful when he looks at her
A smile upon his face
Will he look that good in 50 years
When his dentures aren’t in place?!

He says he loves her figure
And her mental prowess too
But when gravity takes her over
Will she charm with her IQ?

She says she loves his kindness
And his patience is a must
And of course she thinks he’s handsome
Which in her eyes is a plus!

They’re both not wholly perfect
But who are we to judge
He can be pig headed
Where as she won’t even budge!

All that said and done
They love the time they spent together
And I hope as I’m sure you do
That this fine day will last forever.

He’ll be more than just her husband
He’ll also be her friend
And she’ll be more than just his wife
She’s be his soul mate ‘till the end.

The recessional music we are having is All you need is love - Beatles, now I am very aware that these are some random song choices however after spending hours listening to songs online these 3 were so beautiful on violin we went with these.

After the ceremony Andy will giving a small toast, we then have Mickey and Minnie coming to take over.

After the Escape section ends we are planning on having photos taken around disney and then we are heading to Shulas for dinner in one of their private rooms. During the ceremony we have both Disney and Randy photographing as they now allow both.

At Shulas we will pretty much follow the traditional Wedding with Andy, Larne and my Grandad will make speeches and giving out gifts. We are buying disney pins of everyones favourite disney characters as favours.

After dinner we are getting transport backstage to Vikings Landing for our Illuminations Dessert Party with the following menu:
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares,
Oatmeal Cookies,
Fruit Platter,
Mini Cheesecake bites
Profiteroles,
Chocolate Banana Brownies,
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream & Toppings bar,
Vanilla and Chocolate cupcakes
And assorted drinks.

We also have Randy coming back to photograph our DP.

After the DP we are heading back to Shulas until they close for drinks back in our private room before then getting transport back to our hotel.

Sorry for the lack of photos. I will update again of our plans for the 4 weeks we are out there
Old 6 Aug 13, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Morganza
slightly serious Dibber

Sounds magical - have the most wonderful day!

xx
Morganza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread