Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Nov 12, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Our Elegant Rock Day - 19th Sept 2013

Hi All

I've been on here for years since our first trip to Florida back in 2007. And planning our Orlando wedding for about 16 months now! So it's time to start a proper thread on our planning and thoughts of the special holiday.

We've been thinking of getting married in Florida since last year as it's just so different and it's where we had our first proper holiday together. I'll keep the thread short and sweet with all the relevant information for you to keep up to date!

We met back in 2006 through work and from the outset he always said he was going to marry me We've lived together since 2006 too and it's still going strong so that must be a good sign

He proposed at midnight on Dec 31st 2010/Jan 1st 2011 at a friends NYE party and it was the one night I've felt the most drunk ever Prob cause I knew it was coming so clearly was nervous anyway so prob drank more than I usually do and didn't eat. But it's gone well and here we are planning the big day.

UK weddings are just soooo expensive so to cut a long story short we decided on Florida and wanted all the classic elegance of a white wedding but also something a little different.

We visited Florida this Sept (2012) to look at venues etc and meet with vendors and the lovely Carrie. The first morning we visited Cypress Grove and we both fell in love with it as soon as we arrived. We have also decided to hold our reception at Hard Rock Hotel - it's where we went to the Velvet Sessions to see The Bangles and was the best night ever.

So it's all set and booked! Thursday 19th Sept 2013

Ceremony at Cypress Grove at 1:15pm, followed by champagne toast/cupcakes and lots of photos!

Then we're off to The Hard Rock Hotel for our Rock n Roll party.

Little does he know, I've hopefully arranged a short photoshoot at a local fire station as he absolutely loves American Fire Trucks and always has to stop and take their pic when we're in USA. But hopefully that will remain a secret until we step back into the limo when he thinks we're heading straight back to the hotel!

So we have the ceremony booked with champagne toast, our Hard Rock reception with a cocktail hour (well actually 2 hours) on the Terrace followed by meal and dancing in The Pantry. Our photographer is Randy Chapman whom we met this year and he's fab! We have a violinst for our ceremony, harpist for the cocktail hours, flowers etc! All thankfully arranged and put together by Carrie from Destination Ocassion.

We have our flights booked with VA, and we're flying PE - woo hoo! We're staying at Hard Rock Hotel for 8 night before setting sail for 14 nights on Royal Caribbean from Port Canaveral.

We are sending out the invites tomorrow, all thanks to Ditsy Chic who put together some fab passport booklet style ones in our colour theme - Black & Hot Pink!

I'm off to order my dress tomorrow and have already chosen the shoes! I'll try and find a photo later.

So that's us!

Oh - and if someone can tell me how to put the photo's in the text and not as attachments that would be great!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG4701 (768x1024).jpg
Views:	141
Size:	451.2 KB
ID:	44861   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG5025 (768x1024).jpg
Views:	141
Size:	509.8 KB
ID:	44862   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG5187 (768x1024).jpg
Views:	112
Size:	405.1 KB
ID:	44863  

Edited at 08:37 PM. Reason: Missed our sentence
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 12, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Yay another pre wedding report you are so organised! Can't wait to hear more
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 12, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post

yay can't wait to read more

I upload all my photos to photobucket then use the IMG link and paste it into the body of your post, the photos will appear in your post then!

Randy is such a rockstar a great guy! Your in excellent hands with Carrie xx
Old 27 Nov 12, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the tip on the photo's. Let's see if I can get it to work!

These are the shoes I've chosen:

I love them! You can't see from the photo but they have glitter all down the heel too.

My dress is by Trudy Lee and I love the shape it gives me! The best dress I've tried by far and cannot wait to order it tomorrow.

Hopefully this will work and you can see the photo's above!

Yeah it worked!

Sorry the dress photos aren't very big though to see the detail. It's style 63002 and you can view it from the Trudy Lee website: trudylee and it's under 2013 collection.

Edited at 10:42 PM.
Old 27 Nov 12, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Your plans sound fab! Love your dress and shoes - can't wait to read more x

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh wow, exactly the same as us! Ours is in April so not long now! We are at Cypress grove, then onto hard rock hotel for our reception, can't wait!
X
Old 28 Nov 12, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Kazzykent View Post
Oh wow, exactly the same as us! Ours is in April so not long now! We are at Cypress grove, then onto hard rock hotel for our reception, can't wait!
X
ooooooh - how fab! We'll have to keep in touch so I can find out what worked for you!
Old 28 Nov 12, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Well, deposit paid and dress ordered

Just gotta wait for it to come in now - which will be an eternity for me no doubt.

I've also picked up my shoes as she kindly gave me free shoes in the shop with my dress and they were there in my size and brand new in. So I've brought them home with me all safe and sound! Very sparkly and so comfy. May have to wear them round the house a little to ensure they are right!
Old 28 Nov 12, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Minnie Moo View Post
ooooooh - how fab! We'll have to keep in touch so I can find out what worked for you!

Yes def I will send you some piccies afterwards, we are in the pantry too.

What are you planning to do after the reception? It doesn't go on that late, the room hire and we are debating what to do after!

X
Old 28 Nov 12, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Kazzykent View Post
Yes def I will send you some piccies afterwards, we are in the pantry too.

What are you planning to do after the reception? It doesn't go on that late, the room hire and we are debating what to do after!

X
Hi

We're having our ceremony at 1:15pm and leaving Cypress Grove around 2:45pm. So guests should arrive at Hard Rock around 3:30pm latest - 2 hour cocktails on the Terrace should take us to 5:30pm. I'm anticipating by time people are seated and settled, we'll be eating around 6pm - they reckon an hour or so for eating. So we've booked a small dancefloor and Carrie is bringing a system to dock our Ipod with Bose speakers and we're having music from 7:30pm (or from after the meal) until 9:30pm for a little dancing. We reckon by then people will be tired anyway so we've planned to either go up to the Velvet bar in the hotel or perhaps go to City Walk (in our wedding outfits! ). All guests bar 2 are staying at the hotel so I suspect it'll be drinks in the Velvet bar till late!

xx
Closed Thread