Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Feb 13, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

:) Ian & Vickys Escape Wedding - December 2014

Hello everyone, and welcome to our Wedding Planning Journal.

The introductions.
We went to Florida in October 2012 and loved every minute of it which made us decide that this would be the place to get married, our very own fairytale. I'm 27 years old and Vicky is 24, both working and living in Glasgow

*UPDATES*
February 2013 - *Scroll down* - Idea, Visiting Fayres
March 2013 - Wedding choices, Visiting other weddings
April 2013 - Hotel pricing, Kilt shopping, Dress shopping
May 2013 - Photographer, Save the Dates, Booking, Food
June & July 2013 - Updated guest count, party, kilt booking and photography
August 2013 - Venue choices, itinerary and tattoos
September/October 2013 - Videographer booked
November 2013 - Holiday paid & ONE YEAR
May 2014 - Date/time/location confirmed. Disneymoon plans & Dining
June 2014 - ADRs confirmed (Part 1)
October 2014 - Wedding day plan & Honeymoon plan

---------------------------------------

February Update

Date
It was October/November 2012 when we initially started planning the wedding and the first thing we had to decide was a date, we both settled on December. As it would be quite cool and quiet in Florida that time of year. Plus we can see 'Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party'. Unfortunately we cannot book the day of the wedding as of yet until 8 months before hand. We do have a date in mind though: Wednesday 3rd December (Fingers crossed we can get it).

Venue for Ceremony
When we visited Walt Disney World in October 2012, we went to the Magic Kingdom on the first day. Walking up to the entrance we spotted the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa way out across Bay Lake, it looked beautiful. So the decision to choose the Wedding Pavilion was very easy as the resort looks fantastic, although we never got a chance to visit it on that trip

Venue for Reception
This was a much tougher decision for us, we have only just finally decided after months. After the ceremony and photos we can have a 'Champagne & Cake Cutting Toast', along with a violinist in a private function room at the Grand Floridian. Later we will head out to dine at Citricos for our Reception meal. Citricos is a signature restaurant, looks visually beautiful and is right in the heart of the resort serving a wonderful menu.

Colour Scheme
Vicky has chosen the colour scheme for our winter wedding, deep purples, midtone purples with subtle pinks and whites.

Guest Count
So far we have 5 confirmed guests. Vicky's parents and my parents will be there, along with Vicky's best friend Astrid. We have also got 6 other provisional guests; Nicola & Fung, Danny & Louise, Dan & Laura. Of course it would be great if all guests could come but we understand that this may not be possible.

Wedding Rings
February was the time we started looking at wedding rings online on Etsy and also in the Argyle Arcade in town. There is a great one on Etsy made out of Titanium, Dinosaur Bone and Meteorite, but after reading about how it can rust over time it doesn't seem worth it. So we are still on the hunt. We will probably have custom designed rings but nothing too silly.

Save the Month Cards
Our Save the Month design has been ordered. Ian has commissioned his tattoo artist to draw these for us after a rough design we gave him on a scrap of paper, so watch this space!

Wedding Shopping and fayres
16/02/13 - Debenhams wedding fayre. This was our first dip into wedding shopping and we came out of it with a cleaned engagement ring courtesy of Ernest Jones, and a free bottle of Rosé courtesy of Virgin & Debenhams. The highlight was an Invitation maker called Enchanted Paper here in Glasgow.
23/02/13 & 24/02/13 - Wedding show at the SECC. The wedding show was fantastic! We saw a lot of great booths and also the ones from the Debenhams wedding fayre. We've decided who to use for the invites, dress, kilt & shoes. Cake and venue for reception (once back in the UK). It was great to eat the freebies too. Vicky will be going to the show tomorrow too with Astrid!

(Gingerbread men from the show)

Vendor list
Photographer - Vicki & David Arndt
Videographer - Trinity Wedding Cinema
Floral - Disney Floral
Makeup - Beaute Speciale
Dress steaming - Carolyn Allen's

Saving methods for the wedding
So we came up with a good way to save some extra pennies for the wedding. By hand painting custom designs onto canvas shoes, mainly Disney themed shoes

I hope this first update is okay, it was done for our family to read it on that 'gettingmarried' website, but I think it works well here also.

Thank you for reading, that is all from our first blog, we will try to keep this updated once a month with our plans.

Ian & Vicky
xxx

Edited at 06:45 PM.
i198g is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 13, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Great start love a new report. You can phone up at one year out to register your interest and 3 times and dates at wedding pavilion
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 13, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Great start, I really enjoyed your trippie and will look forward to your updates and report

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 13, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start to your wedding blog! Looking forward to reading more of your plans Fingers crossed you get the date you want. Love your Etsy shops, those canvas shoes are awesome! Good luck with your plans
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 13, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SnowWhiteGsy View Post
Great start love a new report. You can phone up at one year out to register your interest and 3 times and dates at wedding pavilion
Thank you
Thats even better, didn't realise that. We still have LOTS to learn about it all!

Originally Posted by christybell View Post
Great start, I really enjoyed your trippie and will look forward to your updates and report
Awesome, thank you for reading that too

Originally Posted by ppodangel View Post
Great start to your wedding blog! Looking forward to reading more of your plans Fingers crossed you get the date you want. Love your Etsy shops, those canvas shoes are awesome! Good luck with your plans
Thank you! Haha fingers crossed indeed, we'll have to come up with some more times and dates though just incase.
i198g is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 13, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lizj1982
Excited about Disney

Loving your plans so far, all looks fab. Can't wait for the next installment x
June 2013 - Dibb villa and our little boys first trip to see Mickey! Sept 2013 - Cypress Grove wedding and Emerald Island Villa June 2015 - Villa May 2016 - 30 weeks pregnant in Disney October 2018 - Our crazy princess' first trip
lizj1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 13, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Wicked start, very similar to our day!

Very interested in your canvas shoes, going for a look!

Try changed the escape rules - you can only be penciled in 9 months out now and book at 8 months

We are using trinity wedding cinema for our video just as an alternative

Can't wait to keep up with your plans as our dates are only a bit over a month apart! Xx
Old 24 Feb 13, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Great report look forward to more updates
Old 25 Feb 13, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lizj1982 View Post
Loving your plans so far, all looks fab. Can't wait for the next installment x
Thank you! I'm enjoying reading your Planning Journal too

Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
Wicked start, very similar to our day!

Very interested in your canvas shoes, going for a look!

Try changed the escape rules - you can only be penciled in 9 months out now and book at 8 months

We are using trinity wedding cinema for our video just as an alternative

Can't wait to keep up with your plans as our dates are only a bit over a month apart! Xx
Argh 9 months now, I bet its changed again by the time we hit 9 months too

Thank you for the alternative, we're possibly looking at other photography options too for another day at Polynesian, any suggestions?

Less than 2 months apart aye

Originally Posted by Peppagail View Post
Great report look forward to more updates
Thank you, you should post up a planning journal for your wedding next year
Old 25 Feb 13, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Plans look fab bet your well excited

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread