Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jun 14, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

I love these stories!

What a brilliant idea for a thread!
The proposals in Disney are my favourite I must say! It just looks so magical!

We haven't been to Disney together yet so that's not where ours happened! Michael proposed to me in Cancun!
We don't have pictures of the actual moment unfortunately but we do have pictures from the cruise that we went on where it happened!

It was actually really beautiful with the cruise and the man playing the Saxophone. I'm not sure how the other people on the cruise didn't notice my then boyfriend down on one knee on the top of the boat but I'd imagine it was because they were looking out to sea and I was very glad really!
It was like our own private little moment!

This is my ring!
It's a bit different, a heart shape! I love it!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 14, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BeastsLaydee
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Not a Disney proposal sorry but it was 19th February 2012 we had been together just over 2 years and it was a leap year (bet you can see where this heading lol) and I thought better than proposing on Feb 14th so I was going to propose on the 29th... But I couldn't wait so I took us to nandos but it was too busy so I waited until I got home and asked him and he said well unless you ask me properly I won't say yes, so I had to get down on one knee and ask him lol

We are going to start sorting out our Disney wedding tomorrow eekkkkk!

My engagement ring
Old 2 Jun 14, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
What lovely stories these all are, and some beautiful rings too xx
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
BeastsLaydee
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Looks likely there won't be a Disney wedding now OH is pushing me toward Cyprus! I just don't know what to do
Old 2 Jun 14, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by E_WHITTY View Post
Wow some amazing proposals and rings here! Can't wait for the day when I can share my story only been 7 years! Haha x
Emma i feel your pain, we watched Four Weddings and A Funeral last week, and he turned to me and said 'you know i'll marry you one day, or course i will, cant imagine getting old with anyone else (swoon)...just not for another 10 years' WHAT?! i got in the biggest grump for the rest of the night haha

I think CharlotteB's proposal sounds absolutely perfect, i love hearing all these stories, but thats the one i really want...the fireworks make me emotional at the best of times!
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
livvyloo1991
Excited about Disney

Awwww I have LOVED reading this thread!

My proposal was on 25th May 2013 - I had been at work and came home to hear our song playing through the front door...

As I walked in there were instructions placed on the floor directing me to the bedroom where my OH was on one knee. I was crying before I got up the stairs!

We get married next Saturday and then fly to Florida on the 16th June for our Disneymoon xx
Old 2 Jun 14, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
Emma i feel your pain, we watched Four Weddings and A Funeral last week, and he turned to me and said 'you know i'll marry you one day, or course i will, cant imagine getting old with anyone else (swoon)...just not for another 10 years' WHAT?! i got in the biggest grump for the rest of the night haha

I think CharlotteB's proposal sounds absolutely perfect, i love hearing all these stories, but thats the one i really want...the fireworks make me emotional at the best of times!
I think my response to that I wouldn't be able to repeat on this forum haha!

I know , we have just bought our first house and all our friends are getting married/engaged/babies,... I think he's getting the hint now that I want a ring on my finger!

Hopefully it will be soon ...im sure he will do it in his own time... but I may just have to feed him to the alligators in Florida in September if it hasn't happened by then

I know Charlotte b's is my ideal proposal... in front of the castle when wishes is on... perfect! *swoooon* a girl can dream!

Edited at 10:22 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 14, 04:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Love the proposal stories! I got engaged on the 27th October 2010, in Florida. There was my parents, other half and me on the holiday, after the proposal had taken place (which I will tell in a moment) my mum told me that Chris wanted to propose in front of Cinderella's castle, but I do not do well with lots of people around me, and being centre of attention, so I'm pleased that he didn't do it that way haha! Anyway back to the proposal we had booked to do the tiger and orang-utan keeper experience at Busch Gardens (sadly this is no longer available) so we began our tour met some lovely Orang's and did some behaviours with Luna, then the keeper said that they had been teaching Luna a new trick...and asked if I would be so kind as to drop a rolled up t-shirt into the enclosure, I obliged as always! So Luna unravelled the t-shirt and put it on and did a lovely little twirl... that's when I noticed the letters on the top...I just stared in amazement for what felt like forever... I just kept reading 'Zara will you marry me?' Over and over again, then when i turned around Chris was on one knee and my parents were in tears. It was a very emotional moment... even the keepers said they had never been so nervous before as they had never been asked to do a proposal like it! Then we went across to the tigers, and the keepers over there said they did not want to be out done by the guys at the orang house so they had been teaching Bala how to paint. So we ended up with several paw prints from Bala, framed on our bedroom wall. and Luna very kindly passed back the T-shirt to her Keeper, which I still have to this day, in a keepsake box!

The whole proposal was filmed, we actually signed a disclaimer at the start of the experience saying they could use footage from the video... they just told us (well me, as everyone else knew what was happening) that they were doing a promotional video to get more guests interested in the experience. I do love telling the story though as it shows how well the other half knows me, I love my animals!

Edited at 04:32 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 14, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
*Lauren-J*
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Zaraandchris14 View Post
Love the proposal stories! I got engaged on the 27th October 2010, in Florida. There was my parents, other half and me on the holiday, after the proposal had taken place (which I will tell in a moment) my mum told me that Chris wanted to propose in front of Cinderella's castle, but I do not do well with lots of people around me, and being centre of attention, so I'm pleased that he didn't do it that way haha! Anyway back to the proposal we had booked to do the tiger and orang-utan keeper experience at Busch Gardens (sadly this is no longer available) so we began our tour met some lovely Orang's and did some behaviours with Luna, then the keeper said that they had been teaching Luna a new trick...and asked if I would be so kind as to drop a rolled up t-shirt into the enclosure, I obliged as always! So Luna unravelled the t-shirt and put it on and did a lovely little twirl... that's when I noticed the letters on the top...I just stared in amazement for what felt like forever... I just kept reading 'Zara will you marry me?' Over and over again, then when i turned around Chris was on one knee and my parents were in tears. It was a very emotional moment... even the keepers said they had never been so nervous before as they had never been asked to do a proposal like it! Then we went across to the tigers, and the keepers over there said they did not want to be out done by the guys at the orang house so they had been teaching Bala how to paint. So we ended up with several paw prints from Bala, framed on our bedroom wall. and Luna very kindly passed back the T-shirt to her Keeper, which I still have to this day, in a keepsake box!

The whole proposal was filmed, we actually signed a disclaimer at the start of the experience saying they could use footage from the video... they just told us (well me, as everyone else knew what was happening) that they were doing a promotional video to get more guests interested in the experience. I do love telling the story though as it shows how well the other half knows me, I love my animals!
Wow! How unique and romantic!

Dec 2009 - 1st WDW Visit for Christmas and New-Year!
Aug 2011 - Treat Trip To with the Taggart's
Jan 2015 - 1st DLP Trip with the Sis
April 2015 - 3rd WDW Trip WE GOT ENGAGED!
*Lauren-J* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 14, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Ah what lovely stories x

Andy and I had been together 9 years. He had asked me what sort of ring I would like and I had tried different ones on over the years but we were never in a rush , having both been married before we were really content just being together. He had always said that he would buy me a nice diamond one day

December 2012, we had a really rough run up to Christmas with one thing and another, illness, stress, the boys' grandad died suddenly and then our kitchen floor had disintegrated after being flooded . It was really tough going. I had been poorly with a heavy cold when he suggested we went out for a nice lunch the weekend before Christmas . I wasn't very keen and he had lots of problems at work that day and we were late. It didn't start very well
The meal was amazing , it's a fabulous restaurant that we save for special occasions and At the end of the meal, he proposed and gave me the most gorgeous ring, I burst into tears . The restaurant gave us a card and some bubbly which was so sweet.

WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread