Notices

Old 10 Oct 16, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The One Where The Kids Are No Longer Kids - Day Fourteen 14/09/16. you'll be in my heart, from this day on, now and forever more...

After yesterday's washout we awoke to a beautiful day, our last full day... mustn't think about it...

We finally made rope drop at MK today, hooray! it hadn't changed at all, apart from they don't use loose confetti streamers anymore, I can remember everyone scrambling to collect up the confetti years ago.
A liquid breakfast was grabbed from the Main Street bakery, never too early for a frappuccino, we managed to ride buzz light-year twice, rescue a lost child and experience Stitches Great Escape before we decided we were hungry.

We were very sensible and shared one warm cinnamon roll between three of us and a le frou's brew each. I'm going to miss these when we leave!

We had some photos taken by Gastons fountain and then met up with the rest of the kids for our haunted mansion fast pass, a quick stop by the Country Bears Jamboree as DD2's GF hadn't yet experienced this!

Lunch was to be had at Peco Bills, its the first time we had eaten here and it didn't disappoint! We shared a fajita plate and a burrito between us with a couple of plates full of the salad bits and pieces and still didn't manage to finish it all.

We dragged DD1 into Philharmagic and she then dragged us into Castle Couture for an epic princess dress session (remember her actual age happens to be 28!). I took loads of photos but I've had a batch of them disappear from my iPhone never to be seen again, we managed to salvage the two above, it's a shame as the Snow White outfit was the most comical!

We bought some bits and pieces from the main street shops. The models above are new in the Disney stores and I wish that I had bought more, they are very fiddly and delicate but I love them, (luckily we had a willing volunteer to build them for us)I need to go back to finish the collection, we are missing the monorail and the horse and carriage from the haunted mansion. I think they were 4 for $50.

DD1 wanted a kitchen sink so she could take one home, so we shared one (with peanut butter sauce, it was nicer than it sounds) between us whilst listening to Anna and Elsa singing at the front of the castle. It was about 2:30 now and it then dawned on me that we were about to start our final walk down Main Street.

Somehow we ended up in the pandora shop. I had said a few times that I would love a Disney pandora bracelet, but couldn't justify the cost. He wanted to buy me one and I couldn't refuse could I! There was a special offer for one standard bracelet and a charm for $150 but that's just to lure you in... so I am now proudly sporting a Disney parks exclusive pandora bracelet that cost considerably more than $150! When we left the shop my emotions got the better of me, it was a combination of leaving, the bracelet, the atmosphere around me and I was a bit of a blubbering mess much to the amusement of the kids.

We took a slow walk out, you know, it's the walk where you are trying to take absolutely everything in to store in your memory banks for later use, the sights, the smells...

So with a final farewell we took the ferry back, Pocahontas was singing colours of the wind to us on our final journey, pass the tissues!

We arrived back to the hotel around 4pm and all sat chatting around the pool area deciding what to do for dinner tonight, there was a unanimous vote for a chinese take away American style. There was even a request put in for extra boxes so we could take some clean ones home.
We could do our online Virgin check in at 7.35, we hadn't booked seats for our return flights but managed to get two blocks of three, one in front of the other. The kids ordered the Chinese whilst we sorted the flights.

We must have ordered enough to feed a small army! It came with odd prawn cracker things, that didn't taste of anything but the rest was delicious! We sat in the undercover pool area with our banquet.

We also had a visitor, he was huge!

We then went up to rooms about 10:30 to pack and set the alarm for 6am...

Old 10 Oct 16, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Chloeoeysmum - 10 Oct 16 5:21 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 16, 03:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Lovely last day.that beetle is gross 😫
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 16, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Lovely last day.that beetle is gross 😫
Isn't it just! They were trying to catch it! Hope you're having fun out there!
Old 11 Oct 16, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

What a lovely but emotional last day - we all share your pain at leaving Main Street that last time. Your bracelet is gorgeous - I might need to start hinting now for one when we go in 2 years! Not keen on your new "friend", eeeeek.
Old 11 Oct 16, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A great last day and glad you got the sunshine after yesterday afternoon
What a lot of food

Joan
Old 11 Oct 16, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I have really enjoyed your report! Some fantastic photos, you look like you had such a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing...x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 16, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
What a lovely but emotional last day - we all share your pain at leaving Main Street that last time. Your bracelet is gorgeous - I might need to start hinting now for one when we go in 2 years! Not keen on your new "friend", eeeeek.
Plenty of time to work on it!

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A great last day and glad you got the sunshine after yesterday afternoon
What a lot of food

Joan
The food boxes were small, honest!

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
I have really enjoyed your report! Some fantastic photos, you look like you had such a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing...x
Thanks to the dibb for letting me share, it's lovely being able to re-live each day - thank you
Old 17 Oct 16, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

I know what you mean about leaving MK👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List