Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 9 Jan 22, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I cooked the beef four hours and my husband and son loved it, I was hot and bothered so didn’t think it had a lot of flavour. It was soft which is good, dd loves beef and said it was ok! I’ve plated up two more meals for my son and dil, I’ve decided I only like beef if someone else cooks it but thinks for all the tips it was a success sort off!
Old 9 Jan 22, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

Well, that looks pretty good to me! Well done!

do you make your own yorkies? They look fabulous!
Old 9 Jan 22, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sandra that looks fantastic! Even better that everyone enjoyed it too. 😍
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by ncmurray View Post
Well, that looks pretty good to me! Well done!

do you make your own yorkies? They look fabulous!
Aunt Bessies Yorkshire’s but I did make cauliflower cheese myself and crispy roast potato’s and parsnips. I get so hot that I never enjoy what I cook. My son and dil liked it to so that’s good 😊

Edited at 12:05 AM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Aunt Bessies Yorkshire’s but I did make cauliflower cheese myself and crispy roast potato’s and parsnips. I get so hot that I never enjoy what I cook. My son and dil liked it to so that’s good 😊
Oh my... I get that! Im always in such a flap after presenting a roast dinner, I barely have the energy to eat it! Although, Im getting better at it.

I always used to make my own yorkshires, but I recently got some Aunt Bessie's and they were great. If I have help when making a roast, I will make my own, but if not, I get those Aunt Bessies! and I LOVE a home made cauliflower cheese
Old 10 Jan 22, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I buy brisket or rolled rib, make a coating in a bowl using plain flour, pepper and dry mustard powder, liberally roll the beef around in it, then put it uncovered in a really really HOT oven for 15 minutes, (220 centigrade) then cover with foil, and turn the temperature down to 140 and leave it for around 3 hours, then rest it for 30 minutes before carving. I add some water to the pan for the slow cooking part.

This has never let me down, and is very tasty!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I cooked the beef four hours and my husband and son loved it, I was hot and bothered so didn’t think it had a lot of flavour. It was soft which is good, dd loves beef and said it was ok! I’ve plated up two more meals for my son and dil, I’ve decided I only like beef if someone else cooks it but thinks for all the tips it was a success sort off!
Looks lovely. In regard to Yorkshire puds, I make them in advance and then just pop them back in the oven to warm up when I am dishing up. I use Delias recipe, 6oz flour, 2 eggs and 10fl oz of milk. And little butter in the deep muffin pan, not oil.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Looks lovely. In regard to Yorkshire puds, I make them in advance and then just pop them back in the oven to warm up when I am dishing up. I use Delias recipe, 6oz flour, 2 eggs and 10fl oz of milk. And little butter in the deep muffin pan, not oil.
Louise I’m scared to make my own because my son won’t eat them, I got some in Morrison’s once and he said they were vile. He only eats aunt Bessies, in my younger days I made them but not anymore xx
Old 10 Jan 22, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
I love cooking but I don’t make my own Yorkshire puds. I made some when our boys were young once, and they said they really liked the ‘biscuits’ 😂 Not really the texture I was aiming for 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Looks delicious, I’m pleased the family enjoyed it 💞
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List