Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jan 22, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Europe is a great place to start!
A solid favourite for our family.
Such a great game!
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
We LOVE this game! The USA one is the original one and I'd recommend that one to get started with. Even after many years, we still love it. The Europe one is a newer one they released, and it has some additional rules and complications (ferries, tunnels) that can make some things more difficult. I'd normally say start with USA, and when you have the hang of that properly, give the Europe one a try!

Also, if you own an iPad or iPhone, Ticket To Ride is a brilliant game on that platform as well. We bought it from the App Store and I still play it digitally all the time; it was actually through the app that we tried out the Europe version and enjoyed it so much we purchased it in real life as well.
Perhaps it was because we were used to playing Europe that we found USA more difficult.

I now always volunteer to play the board upside down as I'd get confused looking at it the right way up.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Trickytenrec
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone! DH has ordered the Europe version from John Lewis as he gets discount so that was a bonus as that’s the only one they stock!
Trickytenrec is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Trickytenrec
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinygog View Post
For a list of all the ticket games, go to Days of Wonder's website and click on "our games".
There are many ticket games. Some are map collections. For these ones you need USA or Europe, as you have to use the cards from one of those ones to use with the collection expansion.
We started with the USA game. This introduced us to ticket. It is the basic game and a good one to learn the rules (which are easy to learn). Once you start getting map collections (and each one is very good), you will find the base rules are virtually the same, with just a slight difference for the collections. I would also say that Europe is a good one to start with. Europe is the same rules as the USA one, but in Europe they have added stations and ferries.
Sails and rails is also a very good game. Here you lay ship routes as well as train routes. We found that added a nice change to play it.
We have played ticket for many years. We have all the expansions and there isn't one we don't like.
All in all, ticket is a good family game. The rules are easy to learn and again, the map collections are really good
Thanks for this. I saw there were loads and some said expansion, so that’s why I asked on here! 🤣
Trickytenrec is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Trickytenrec
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Button17 View Post
We've played several but definately prefer Europe. My daughter started playing it when She was 5 and still loves it at 11 so dont necessarily be lead by age on box.

Enjoy
Glad you dd played it when she was younger. My youngest is 8 and was hoping she could play!
Old 23 Jan 22, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We absolutely love this game. We’ve got Europe and for Christmas we bought the 1918 expansion pack so have a new challenge adding in the new elements this brings. Enjoy it when you get it!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
hibbie
Trainee Dibber

DS (11) got this for his Christmas. We've not played it yet though. He is mad on London so we got the London 1960's one (i think that's what it was!). He loves his london board game he got a couple of years back... Although we've had to change the rules a bit.. He's autistic and a few of the rules didn't work well we'll with him. He loves his own version now!
hibbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

We used to play this quite a lot, but I must admit, once we got the app, we didn't play it on the board anymore as it's so much easier. Shame really!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Trickytenrec
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
We used to play this quite a lot, but I must admit, once we got the app, we didn't play it on the board anymore as it's so much easier. Shame really!
I don’t plan on using the app version as it’s going to be a game I take to my parents to play for games afternoon! But good to know if I change my mind though.