Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Aug 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Lego

My 7yr old dd has put her main xmas present request in, lego diagon alley at £370! It seems to be only available to the lego store. Does anyone know if they ever do discounts etc? Just seems a lot for 1 item for a 7 yr old. She is lego daft and has completed hogwarts.

Thanks!
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by di5ney View Post
My 7yr old dd has put her main xmas present request in, lego diagon alley at £370! It seems to be only available to the lego store. Does anyone know if they ever do discounts etc? Just seems a lot for 1 item for a 7 yr old. She is lego daft and has completed hogwarts.

Thanks!
Can’t really answer your question but was in the Lego store in Liverpool a few days ago and diagon alley was on display and it did look amazing😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Yeah it is some size! I do get 5% cashback through my employer. Do you know if they do a blue light card discount?
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Donna McG
Serious Dibber

I buy a lot of Lego and the popular sets never seem to go on sale - however if you have a Quidco account they do normally have a decent cash back offer.

Donna McG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
If I remember correctly I ordered a few sets last year from Lego around Black Friday time and they had 20 - 25% off. It was free shipping and they also sent a free gift because I'd spent over a certain amount.
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post

They don't very often do discounts especially on these bigger more expensive sets. They usually just vary the 'free Lego' you get with it.
I have this set, got it for Xmas and haven't finished still. It's a lot of building.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I loved building Diagon Alley, it’s a lovely set, not long ago I dismantled and bagged it, sold it on eBay for £300…..
I used the lego store for nearly all my lego……you do get points that can be used towards further purchases (or various other things)….

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just a thought but Lego seems like a canny investment, so buy two. One for the present and one kept in perfect condition to sell for a large profit in the future
Old 1 Aug 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Join the Lego VIP club to get points to spend on future purchases and news of special offers
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Brennanhough
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
Just a thought but Lego seems like a canny investment, so buy two. One for the present and one kept in perfect condition to sell for a large profit in the future
I have done this- scenes as I’m getting nothing for it in the bank I decided to invest in some Lego. Bought the Hogwarts from Smyths for £300 in the Black Friday sales and just bought the Adidas Superstar. Both in the loft collecting dust but I’m sure they’ll make me a big wedge in a few years time!
Brennanhough is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List