Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 9 Oct 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

John and Johannes - amazing 🤩 x
Old 9 Oct 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Oh Rose's dance brought me to tears It was beautiful & she is amazing how she can move to the music by using the vibrations of it
Also John & Johannes & AJ & Kai

Edited at 09:49 PM.
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caj View Post
I must have been watching a different dance to the judges. As much as I love the music... he just wasn't strong or believable imo.
My issue is that it’s more of 2 people dancing in tandem than a pair dancing together. Very hard to compare as theirs is not the traditional male lead and female being led situation.
That’s not to say that they don’t dance brilliantly together it’s just a different format which challenges the stereotypical pair but, for me, means the judges have to approach judging from a different perspective. A strong powerful dance like the Paso was really well suited to J&J, just wonder how they will handle a Viennese Waltz.
I always really enjoy Johannes, but to be honest I’m not fussy on John (not too keen on another 2 or3the other celebs either) - not just their dancing but the way they come across.

Edited at 10:22 AM.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I was thinking that J&J so far haven’t had any dances where the roles are more strictly gender defined. For want of a better phrase. It’s going to be interesting how that is interpreted . The Viennese waltz springs to mind…. Definitely !
I’m not invested in any of the personalities this year either.
I think Tilly may go tonight.

Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
My issue is that it’s more of 2 people dancing in tandem than a pair dancing together. Very hard to compare as theirs is not the traditional male lead and female being led situation.
That’s not to say that they don’t dance brilliantly together it’s just a different format which challenges the stereotypical pair but, for me, means the judges have to approach judging from a different perspective. A strong powerful dance like the Paso was really well suited to J&J, just wonder how they will handle a Viennese Waltz.
I always really enjoy Johannes, but to be honest I’m not fussy on John (not too keen on another 2 or3the other celebs either) - not just their dancing but the way they come across.

Edited at 10:49 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
Whilst I agree with most of what you say, I think it's more than that. Johannes pulled a great face and put his arms up into paso position ... John almost coukdnt get his arms high enough, losing the strength in the process.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

There have been lots of male/female pasos choreographed as a fight. it wasn’t so different. The lead/follow dynamic will be more evident in waltz and foxtrot.

Same sex ballroom has been a thing for decades (not justthe ‘Stately as a galleon’ situation of women dancing together for lack of men!) The judges will have encountered it before.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14

Edited at 01:19 PM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
There have been lots of male/female pasos choreographed as a fight. it wasn’t so different. The lead/follow dynamic will be more evident in waltz and foxtrot.

Same sex ballroom has been a thing for decades (not jist the ‘Stately as a galleon’ situation of women dancing together for lack of men!) The judges will have encountered it before.
Absolutely agree Gill! I danced at the highest level of all girl ballroom dancing for many years so for me same sex dancing is not a new thing at all- in fact I was "judged" by Shirley (and Len) at various comps.

I loved Johannes and John, also Aj and Kai and Rose and Giovanni's dance was stunning.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Thought it was a shame Katie went, did not think Judi(?) had enough energy, and she did make a mistake faffing with the braces in the danceoff.

Should have been Dan anyhow ... in my opinion.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Team JoJo have an American smooth this week for those interesting is seeing how they'll handle a more traditional ballroom style.

As for Katie and Jodi in the dance off, I neither like nor dislike either of them, in fact I don't think I'd heard of either of them before the show, but when I heard the spoiler on Sunday morning (yes, I'm one of those that goes looking!) I could remember Judi's dance straight away. It took me about an hour to remember what Katie had done. That in itself speaks volumes.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Robert Webb has withdrawn due to health issues.
Evidently had open heart surgery a couple of years ago.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List