Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Dec 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Optimist
Very Serious Dibber

British Airways/MCO luggage nightmare

So it will be a week today since we arrived in sunny Florida and we still haven't got our luggage. British Airways have been pretty much useless.

We have gave the details of what's in the cases so they can identify them if the luggage tags are missing and even sent photos of the cases that we managed to find from a previous holiday photo, they're a zebra print design so easy to pick out.

We've spent a few hundred dollars so far on essentials which has ate into our spending money. We've made them aware that we can't afford to spend any more.

There's been no offer of help, no updates or communication unless I email the UK duty office. The last email said that the Duty Manager at MCO would contact me as they know the cases arrived on the plane at Orlando. I've heard nothing.

There was at least 20 of us missing our cases when we arrived at Orlando and they think a baggage cart was sent to the wrong end of the airport as we overheard an agent saying this while we were waiting at the belt

We aren't stressing about it anymore as we want to enjoy our holiday and we've accepted that we probably won't ever get our luggage.

Luckily it's just the 2 of us as our twins are 18 now and don't want to holiday with mum and dad. I can't imagine the stress it would be on a family or someone with a baby.

Edited at 02:01 PM.
Optimist is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Egon
slightly serious Dibber

Ouch, that is ridiculous.
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Get calling them out on twitter if you have not already.
bosshogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Optimist
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by bosshogg View Post
Get calling them out on twitter if you have not already.
Thanks. Will get DW to do that. I don't do Twitter.
Old 2 Dec 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

That’s horribly ! A few years ago my sons bag, well half of it arrived on the belt in shreds with nothing inside , we went to a desk at the belt and they took his details and the luggage details from the sticker on his passport, they then gave him a card with $100 on it for emergency supplies and he had to put in a detailed claim for the rest with receipts when he got home , not great but better than you have had , I’d try asking them for that at least to help a little , good luck and enjoy the rest of your stay , we are here just now and having a great but tiring time 😂💗💗
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Optimist
Very Serious Dibber

DW has tweeted them. I made sure she reminded them of the strapline "We'll take more care of you" that they used in their adverts in the 80's.
Old 2 Dec 21, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

We had our case go missing once (not BA). You just need to check your travel insurance. It should say they’ll pay £xx for delayed baggage or lost baggage. And also it should state how much you can spend on replacement items in the meantime. You just need to keep the receipts and claim when you get back.
You should always have access to extra finances/credit card when on holiday, as often for smaller medical claims you need to pay upfront and claim back on your return. I’ve been through that a few times too.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Oh no what a nightmare. How can it be that hard to spot a cartload of uncollected luggage? Have you contacted your insurer?
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Your insurance should help with immediate costs but it really is poor show on BA - luggage does go missing but should be traceable via bar code and they should proactively be keeping you updated.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
EatandPlay
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

That's terrible, I'm sorry to hear how this would obviously impact the enjoyment of your holiday. Getting compensation only helps a little. When my family (wife and 10 year old twins) travel we each take full size carry-on luggage and share one big checked back. This way the most important stuff is always with us.