Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 11 Dec 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Our first European rollercoaster adventure - Day 3 Europa Park

Day 3 - 14th November

Today was the day we get to Europa Park!

We had the included continental breakfast at the holiday inn, before walking back to the station to pick up the Europa park bus. This dropped us off directly at the hotels, and we headed into Hotel Colosesseo to check in. This was a little bit chaotic! There was a huge queue to check in, people trying to check out too, the massive Christmas tree taking up half the lobby and just a lot of people about! But even with all of that it was still a stunning lobby!

We eventually got checked in, stored our bags and headed into Europa via the hotel entrance for the last 30 minutes of hotel early entry.

Even the walkway to the park was so well themed. I knew I was going to love this place already!

The park was in Hallowinter season, so they were working on Christmas decor but still had Halloween decorations up. So you had decor like this and then tons of Xmas trees!

After a quick ride on Alpenexpress we walked to Arthur, the parks coaster cross dark ride. We waited about 10 minutes and I loved it. Certainly not in my top 10 coasters but the theming and dark ride sections were really fun. I hope they make more of these as they would work really well in Disney or universal.

We then did Pirates of Batavia, wow this is truly stunning. Loved it far more than Pirates of the Caribbean.

I wanted to get more of the coaster credits in the bag so hit Wodan when the park officially opened at 11. I Loved this one, really solid wooden coaster.

After wandering around taking in the theming we had lunch in the Fjord restaurant. Really good quality food for a counter service restaurant, the mashed potatoes were delicious!

Although it was a weekend and the park had a few people in it but there was so many rides the smaller ones were a walk on and only the big coasters were forming queues.

Just theming everywhere!

Silver star was a B&M hyper themed to a race car. I think this would ride better in warmer weather and is at the bottom end of hypers I’ve ridden but still got a fair bit of floater airtime.

We caught the monorail round to the hotel entrance and headed back to check in to get our room key. This was the view from our room!

We grabbed a drink at the very busy hotel cafe, and again couldn’t resist splitting a waffle. This was amazing!

After showering we headed out to dinner, the view from our room was even better at night.

We went to the hotel pizza restaurant for tea. The pizzas were so good!

And Neil had tiramisu for pudding to finish off an amazing first day at Europa.

Edited at 07:17 PM.
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Europapark looks a lot of fun! I love the enormous Christmas tree.

Would teens like it do you think? My dd is studying German and that might be a good excuse to go!?
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
Europapark looks a lot of fun! I love the enormous Christmas tree.

Would teens like it do you think? My dd is studying German and that might be a good excuse to go!?
Yeah I would think so. It has a good range of rides, but it wasn’t back to back thrill rides so if they’re pure adrenaline junkies they might prefer more of a thrill park. I would class blue fire, Wodan and silver star as ‘big’ coasters, the rest were all smaller rides but still plenty of fun stuff.

The water park there looks incredible and we would spend a day there when we go back, and I would think that would be a hit with teens!
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List