Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 4 Jan 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Four Lives

OH and I watched all 3 episodes last night.
If this story has been told accurately I’m utterly appalled at the attitude of the police on this occasion.

A heartbreaking situation for the families made so much worse by the most awful officers who offered no support or empathy whatsoever.
It beggars belief that nobody joined the dots but then they seemed uninterested in even trying

Brilliantly acted. I’m a big fan of Michael Jibson and I despised him in this so a job well done.

Edited at 06:21 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
3rd Time Lucky
Helping Minnie

I have watched one episode so far, as you say, if it's true, appalling attitudes by the Police, and it wasn't that long ago, slightly creeped out by Stephen Merchants wig though 😂
3rd Time Lucky is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3rd Time Lucky View Post
I have watched one episode so far, as you say, if it's true, appalling attitudes by the Police, and it wasn't that long ago, slightly creeped out by Stephen Merchants wig though 😂
That was so creepy
I had wondered about the hair though having seen pictures recently in the news of Stephen Port

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Just finished watching all 3 episodes. I knew from the real case that the Police were heavily criticised for not investigating or handling the case properly. The dramatisation was excellent and quite heart wrenching seeing the effects of the victim’s relatives.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
3rd Time Lucky
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
Just finished watching all 3 episodes. I knew from the real case that the Police were heavily criticised for not investigating or handling the case properly. The dramatisation was excellent and quite heart wrenching seeing the effects of the victim’s relatives.
Yes, l thought Sheridan Smith was brilliant, l felt her pain, as you say 'heart wrenching' - the bit at the end as Stephen Port was taken down, he looked at Sheridan, l found that quite chilling.
3rd Time Lucky is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3rd Time Lucky View Post
Yes, l thought Sheridan Smith was brilliant, l felt her pain, as you say 'heart wrenching' - the bit at the end as Stephen Port was taken down, he looked at Sheridan, l found that quite chilling.
I read an interview with the real Mum of Anthony, she said that look as he was being taken down the steps was exactly how it happened. Sheridan Smith has been phoning her to ask if she played her part ok and to say she doesnt know how she had the strength to cope with loosing her son and the trial etc.

She also said she does really swear like a trooper and once told the police they couldnt find thier own f-ing ***hole if they looked for it. She has got some peace of mind from the drama being made, as she felt she couldve done more and maybe saved the other three men from being murdered too.

Heartbreaking.
Old 5 Jan 22, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
laura
Imagineer

Watched all 4 episodes and I couldn’t believe how badly these boys and their families were let down by police, absolutely shocking.
They didn’t stand a chance of getting the help they should have got, Anthony’s mum shouldn’t feel she could have done more as she had no support from police.
Just so sad that those 4 young men suffered this way and lost their life’s.
Old 5 Jan 22, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
3rd Time Lucky
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
I read an interview with the real Mum of Anthony, she said that look as he was being taken down the steps was exactly how it happened. Sheridan Smith has been phoning her to ask if she played her part ok and to say she doesnt know how she had the strength to cope with loosing her son and the trial etc.

She also said she does really swear like a trooper and once told the police they couldnt find thier own f-ing ***hole if they looked for it. She has got some peace of mind from the drama being made, as she felt she couldve done more and maybe saved the other three men from being murdered too.

Heartbreaking.
Thankyou for writing this, so interesting, and of course she shouldn't feel bad, l had to smile at what she said to the Police, it was so true, especially poignant at the end the film of Anthony's Mum accepting his degree and the photos of the families, - so shocking that the sisters of the last victim did the investigation for the Police!
Old 7 Jan 22, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I'm watching this now in total disbelief Those poor families, it felt to me were treated with utter contempt.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
The families were terribly let down by the police, if Sara (Why did they find it so hard to call him Anthony!) hadn't kept kicking up a fuss along with the 2 sisters and the officer who listened to them he could still be free and still killing! It's shocking (but no surprise) that no-one was held accountable for the awful way it was handled and hope that the 5 that got promoted were the ones who arrested and got him convicted!
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List