Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 22, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Do people seriously pay that amount of money for plastic tat? The world has gone mad! They all end up in landfill eventually.😢
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

I like Figment, but that popcorn bucket is not looking good to me at all!
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

With any luck they'll be so many on Ebay by now they wont be able to sell them.

Classic marketing ploy on Disney's behalf, tell everyone its in short supply so it creates a rush then is in short supply!

Real shame I think as there will be so many upset kids who cant get one. That said I've been on the look out for a Figment Aerial Topper since the one on DW's car either fell off or got stolen

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Completely insane! I won't queue for over an hour for anything 😂
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I thought that this was some sort of a joke post. Never heard of a Figment Popcorn Bucket, and the prospect of anyone queuing multiple hours for one makes me doubt the sanity of human beings.
Old 19 Jan 22, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
I thought that this was some sort of a joke post. Never heard of a Figment Popcorn Bucket, and the prospect of anyone queuing multiple hours for one makes me doubt the sanity of human beings.
Try and make a trip to Tokyo Disney to see real queues for merch etc.

Duffy the bear is huge there, pre covid there would be 6 hour plus queues to buy the new merch that came out for that season (spring, summer, winter, Xmas).

Biggest queue heard of there?

At Xmas (pre covid) there were 12 hour queues to give Mickey his Christmas present of fruit!
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
Try and make a trip to Tokyo Disney to see real queues for merch etc.

Duffy the bear is huge there, pre covid there would be 6 hour plus queues to buy the new merch that came out for that season (spring, summer, winter, Xmas).

At Xmas (pre covid) there were 12 hour queues to give Mickey his Christmas present of fruit!
Mad as hatters lol!
Mind you we went on a couple of DCL staycation cruises in the Summer out of Southampton. There was zero merchandise left. No plush toys nor things known as loungeflys nor some kind of big shirts ? Nor jewellery known as Annie and someone, nor dooney and bourke nor lots of princess dresses or some such stuff?!?!
On the earlier cruises people were missing their main dining meals, queuing up to enter the shops and racing in and sweeping all the rails bare!
I was just as mystified by this too. I guess the temptation to behave like a pack of unruly locusts was outweighed by the ability to make a shed load of money on eBay.
But these cruises were short, so you were missing time and experience on expensive cruises in order to make money to make up for what you’d spent on them in the first place?!?!
Old 19 Jan 22, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post

This reminds me of the Sesame Street clip that’s gone viral…

StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Knowing that some people waited 5 hours to meet some people dressed up as Anna and Elsa from Frozen, it's no surprise that some people will wait just as long for a plastic bucket they want "for their collection" (AKA "to flog on eBay").

At times it feels like Disney can do almost anything and there will still be crowds of people eager to visit and queue.

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
They’re going for ridiculous money on eBay!

Just because they're listed at those prices, doesn't necessarily mean they are selling at those prices.

I could list some old shoes on eBay for £500 but I doubt anyone would buy them. Although maybe if I said I wore them whilst riding Journey Into Imagination they might get some bids?

Originally Posted by stecee View Post
I wouldn’t be surprised if Bob Chapek started to hold some these back and put them for sale on eBay if this is what they are going for, crazy.
I think Bob is paid enough already that it's not worth his time to do this. But if these were selling for $100,000 then it might be worth his effort.

I wonder whether any CMs held some back for themselves to sell on eBay?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Just because they're listed at those prices, doesn't necessarily mean they are selling at those prices.

I could list some old shoes on eBay for £500 but I doubt anyone would buy them. Although maybe if I said I wore them whilst riding Journey Into Imagination they might get some bids?
They're selling at those prices. I've seen sold listing around the $250 mark.

The biggest problem is actually the buyers. Resellers are opportunists for sure but if people weren't stumping up the cash because they're desperate for any and all limited park merch, the market would very quickly die out. Adrian (Theme Park Express) said he overheard several people in the park say they'd rather pay eBay prices than wait in line for it. He waited 3 hours for his.

Edited at 02:04 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List