Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 8 Sep 17, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Djtrax
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Thoughts on our Trip plan

Hi all, I am after some feedback/suggestions on our itinary so far, for our 11 day stay coming up in November. There are some days without much planned, so I am open to suggestions. We are staying at the Beach Resort, so picked Epcot for the first day.

I have had a go at booking Fastpasses, but looking at it now, is there some I should change, as I probably still have a chance (54 days out now). We have a 4 year old daughter, who can do all the 1.02m rides, and loves the fast ones, hence thunder mountain booked twice. She went on it 4 times in a row at Euro Disney just before Easter. Lol

There are some days we have not booked any Fast passes, should we just book some anyway? I didn’t want to as thought we might pick some parks as we go, but would it be a mad house with the queues? We don’t want to be stood in lines for an hour for a ride. Hopefully November will be quiet…….

Also, what about food? We have only booked breakfast for the first day, but are we going to find it difficult to get into restaurants without booking? I messed up with the restaurant bookings, as didn’t try to book until well after the open booking date, so could not get into any of the good character dinning’s, like Cinderella’s Royal Table etc.

Plus we have no idea when the parades / firework shows are, can we fit these around any of our times?

Thursday 2nd Nov

Plane lands 18.35

Food:
Cape May Café Dinner 19.55 (Hopefully we can make this)

Friday 3rd Nov Epcot Day

Food:
Cape May Café Breakfast 8.05
Rose & Crown Pub Dinner 18.00

Fastpass:
Soarin’ 9.05 – 10.05
Mission Space 10.15 – 11.15
The Sea with Nemo and Friends 11.15 – 12.15

Saturday 4th Nov Magic Kingdom Day

Food:
Mickeys Backyard BBQ Evening

Fastpass:
Big Thunder Mountain 9.35 – 10.35
Enchanted tails with Belle 10.40 – 11.40
Seven Darves Mine Train 13.55 – 14.45

Sunday 5th Nothing Booked What wont be busy?

Monday 6th Nov Animal Kingdom Day

Food:
Donald’s Dining Safari Lunch at Tuskers House 14.10

Fastpass:
Na’vi River Journey 9.25 – 10.25
Kilimanjaro Safaris 10.30 – 11.30
Kali River Rapids 11.45 – 12.45

Tuesday 7th Nov- Free day Water Park or hotel pool?

Food:
Tutto Italia Ristorante Dinner Epcot 20.15

Wednesday 8th Hollywood Studios Day

Food:
Minnie’s Seasonal Dine at Hollywood & Vine 14.20 (With Fantasmic tickets)

Fastpass:
Tower of terror 9.10 – 10.10
Beauty and the Beast stage show 10.30 – 10.50
Indiana Jones Show 12.45 – 13.05

Fantasmic show on the evening

Thursday 9th Magic Kingdom Day again

Food:
Tiana’s Riverboat Party – Ice Cream Social & Viewing Party 13.30
Tonys Town Square Dinner 18.50

Fastpass:
Big Thunder Railroad (again) 9.20 – 10.20
Pirates of the Caribbean 10.50 – 11.50
Hnuted Mansion 11.50 – 12.50

Friday 10th Animal Kingdom

Food:
Yachtsman Steakhouse Dinner 19.25

Fastpass:
Avatar Flight of Passage 9.35 – 10.35 (Will have to do parent swap, though I booked 3 FP’s)
Dinasaur 11.10 – 12.10
Finding Nemo the musical 12.30 – 12.45

Saturday 11th ?

Food:
Trattoria al Forno Dinner at Boardwalk 20.30

Sunday 12th Flight leaves at 20.05 So pretty much will have a full day.

Drop luggage of at Disney Springs then back to the parks.
Djtrax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Having a meal booked for 19.55 on the day that you arrive is quite ambitious. Your body clock will tell you that its 01.00am so your 4 year old might just be feeling very tired and sleepy.
Old 8 Sep 17, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

There are some days we have not booked any Fast passes, should we just book some anyway?

-- Yes. You might as well. Weather, the ride is down or plans change

Also, what about food? We have only booked breakfast for the first day, but are we going to find it difficult to get into restaurants without booking?

-- I am not sure I would book breakfast for first morning. You might be up very early. If you wake at 4am you have 4 hours to wait. I would QS it. The only way to guarantee you will get into a restaurant at time you want is to make ADRs. Some restaurants like BOG you have no chance of a walkin

I messed up with the restaurant bookings, as didn’t try to book until well after the open booking date, so could not get into any of the good character dinning’s, like Cinderella’s Royal Table etc.

-- Try touring plans reservation finder. It is free. Keep checking as people always cancel.

Plus we have no idea when the parades / firework shows are, can we fit these around any of our times?

-- check disneyworld.disney.go/en...magic-kingdom/ Festival of Fantasy is at 2pm. Just change the date/park will show you the parade/fireworks times.

Cape May Café Dinner 19.55 (Hopefully we can make this)

-- Booking dinner on arrival night. I am not sure I would do that. You will might be late/tired as 7Seasailor says your body clock will tell you it is 1am

Fastpass:
Soarin’ 9.05 – 10.05
Mission Space 10.15 – 11.15
The Sea with Nemo and Friends 11.15 – 12.15

-- If you are arriving at the park at 9am. You could rope drop soarin. Then use your fastpass for frozen at 11am or test track or ride soarin again.

Sunday 5th Nothing Booked What wont be busy?

I would do Epcot as it is huge when you are done monorail to MK

Wednesday 8th Hollywood Studios Day

Food:
Minnie’s Seasonal Dine at Hollywood & Vine 14.20 (With Fantasmic tickets)

Fastpass:
Tower of terror 9.10 – 10.10
Beauty and the Beast stage show 10.30 – 10.50
Indiana Jones Show 12.45 – 13.05

-- Do you not want to do Toy story ride? That needs a fastpass generally.

Thursday 9th Magic Kingdom Day again

Food:
Tiana’s Riverboat Party – Ice Cream Social & Viewing Party 13.30
Tonys Town Square Dinner 18.50

Fastpass:
Big Thunder Railroad (again) 9.20 – 10.20
Pirates of the Caribbean 10.50 – 11.50
Hnuted Mansion 11.50 – 12.50

--You will probably want to do 7DMT again or what about Splash mountain. These need a FPs

Pirates/haunted don't generally need FP.

Edited at 07:22 PM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Djtrax
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Thanks both for the replies. The first night meal was a panic booking, as I thought we might want something, but thinking about it, yes I agree its a bit optimistic.

I will have a play with the fast passes, and see if they can be tweaked whilst its still early.

Thanks.
Djtrax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post

I too would cancel the first day ADR, I would think your chances of making this would be quite slim.

I would book FPs for every day of the trip, you might as well. Even if you think you would be having a rest / pool day/ waterpark day you could book them for early evening and just pop along for an hour or two.

I would probably not have picked the Saturday as MK day. Maybe swap that with Sunday or perhaps put HS in at the weekend and keep MK to midweek. I would also rethink your FP selections for MK. I would keep them to the various mountains and perhaps Peter Pan if it is of interest as that can be hard to get on. You would pick up Haunted Mansion and Pirates easily enough as an extra FP whilst you are there.

Finally, whilst it might not be the peak summer time, I don't think that Disney is ever "quiet" and so that is why I would look to prebook as much as I could, even if plans change.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

I would definitely cancel 1st evening ADR. As you are at the BC why not dander over to the boardwalk pizza window, it is delicious and you can sit at the tables and chairs and watch the Illuminations(they are scheduled that night for 9pm). I would definitely make the most of fastpass and book what you can. You can always cancel if you don't think you will use them. Have you used the vacation planner on here?
If you go to the side menu and click on vacation planner you can put in your itinerary and when you put in the park to visit that day, the show/parade/firework times come up. Also if you go into Florida Park hours at the side and go to November it will tell you all things happening in each park along with which park has early and late magic hours. I would also utilize these, you can get a lot done in that hour.
I take it you are on the dinning plan, if so I would go Epcot last day and eat your way round the world with remaining snack credits(all the booths small portions are snack credits and most are delicious)
also get a fast pass for Frozen for your little girl and maybe a fast pass for a meet and greet with a princess. Have a fab time.
Old 13 Sep 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
gazza5
Proud to wear my Ears

As others have said, I don't think you will make your meal, last time at orlando we had a hour wait at passport control, I assume hiring a car? - if so have to pick that up etc.

Some tips I found on here - book fast passes for the busy times of the day - ie afternoon.

A fast pass at 9:30 in the morning unless its a avatar ride to me - and this is my personal opinion and I hope it doesn't appear rude - but its a wasted fast pass.

You have a lot of fast passes before lunch, the chances of getting more in the afternoon for any big rides are slim (again my opinion and this is from some tips on other websites). You may get some to see some charectors.

At 9:30 in the morning you should be able to q for about 20 minutes max for quite a few rides. Yes a fast pass enables you to get on quicker, but then in the afternoon you will be q'in at the busiest times for rides / meet with charectors.

Also remember fireworks, animal kingdom ones are about 6:30pm, Hollywood studios at 8;00pm and 8:30pm, epcot is 9pm and magic kingdom I think is 10pm - are you going to get up early next day to be in the park for fast passes at 9 / 10am.

We are going similar time to you with our 4 year old daughter, its so much cheaper and worth doing before they start school!

After a firework night we have booked fast passes for the afternoon - we will get to the park about lunchtime ish and stay as long as we want.

Edited at 09:23 AM.
gazza5 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 04:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gazza5 View Post
As others have said, I don't think you will make your meal, last time at orlando we had a hour wait at passport control, I assume hiring a car? - if so have to pick that up etc.

Some tips I found on here - book fast passes for the busy times of the day - ie afternoon.

A fast pass at 9:30 in the morning unless its a avatar ride to me - and this is my personal opinion and I hope it doesn't appear rude - but its a wasted fast pass.

You have a lot of fast passes before lunch, the chances of getting more in the afternoon for any big rides are slim (again my opinion and this is from some tips on other websites). You may get some to see some charectors.

At 9:30 in the morning you should be able to q for about 20 minutes max for quite a few rides. Yes a fast pass enables you to get on quicker, but then in the afternoon you will be q'in at the busiest times for rides / meet with charectors.

Also remember fireworks, animal kingdom ones are about 6:30pm, Hollywood studios at 8;00pm and 8:30pm, epcot is 9pm and magic kingdom I think is 10pm - are you going to get up early next day to be in the park for fast passes at 9 / 10am.

We are going similar time to you with our 4 year old daughter, its so much cheaper and worth doing before they start school!

After a firework night we have booked fast passes for the afternoon - we will get to the park about lunchtime ish and stay as long as we want.
You make a very good point about the 9.30am fast passes. I agree, it is too early for a FP and a waste.

But I would not wait until the afternoon either, I would start them by 10-10.30am unless I was having a rest morning. If you leave them to the afternoon, then you have a morning of queuing up and less opportunity to book additional FPs. We went in May before Pandora and easily averaged 8-10 extra FP per day and that included loads of big rides, the only one we could not get was 7DMT.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
gazza5
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Bridgetx View Post
You make a very good point about the 9.30am fast passes. I agree, it is too early for a FP and a waste.

But I would not wait until the afternoon either, I would start them by 10-10.30am unless I was having a rest morning. If you leave them to the afternoon, then you have a morning of queuing up and less opportunity to book additional FPs. We went in May before Pandora and easily averaged 8-10 extra FP per day and that included loads of big rides, the only one we could not get was 7DMT.
I think it depends when you are going, due to thanksgiving there will not be a quiet time for us at all, so we decided to do the fast passes in the afternoon (well class 12 / 12:30 as afternoon), mainly if we get up a bit late it doesn't matter too much.

After a firework evening, we have fast passes for the next day that start about 1pm, mainly to make it less time pressured. I'm sure we will be in the park by 11am every day but we can do some of the rides that don't have as long q's, or do some charectors, which my 4yo loves doing. or have a morning by the pool.

We will easily get fast passes for rides like whinnie the pooh etc, have 2 fast passes already for big thunder mountain and 7DMT - tbh in disney the 7DMT seems to be the most difficult one to get fast passes for - seems very popular!
gazza5 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Defo cancel your first night ADR. The Boardwalk Bakery have a pizza window where you can oder a large pizza for 2 QS credits, that will feed all three of you easily.

Last year, the beginning of November was amazingly busy and caught a lot of people by surprise. There is the Wine and Dine half marathon weekend on 4th/5th so Epcot will be very busy in the evenings.
Plus, Epcot should always be avoided during the weekends anyway, when the Food and Wine festival is on as a lot of the locals are there enjoying the refreshments on offer. However, your position at the BC means you can easily ' pop' into Epcot in the mornings and be unaffected.
BTW, Teppan edo is a fab restaurant in Epcot and I would highly recommend.

As others have said, book FP's for all your days. Don't forget the Frozen ride at Epcot.

Please make time to see all 4 parks fireworks/evening shows as they are amazing and part of what makes Disney so magical.

Have a great trip.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List