Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 20 Oct 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rectory
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Hi 👋 we are also going at Christmas fly 13th staying a few days onsite a night at universal then a villa then finishing off for new year at Clearwater , little nervous of how busy it will be but hopefully take it in our stride and enjoy. Can I ask anyone who’s been at Christmas do you have to book offsite restaurants we are a family of 5? I’m worried I’ve left it too late to plan anything Disney now 😬
Rectory is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

I would say try on the MDE and see if you can get anything, people cancel and especially nearer the time a few days before.
We had no problem eating out during the period and never made a reservation. We just ate QS in the parks on the peak day over NY.
However if you meaning Christmas Day I have no idea what that is like outside an ADR as we flew on Boxing Day.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 17, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
daves13
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by KirstyWorsty View Post
hi all,
I've never been to WDW as an adult - last time I was there was 14 years ago and it certainly seems like a lot of changed!

We're spending Christmas there this year and I'm very excited!

We fly DEcember 23rd and will be there until 6th Jan, yes we're aware it will be crazy busy but still can't wait!

Is there any Christmas must do's? (we've booked the candlelight dinner package for Christmas Day)
I’d love to go at Christmas time!

Enjoy!
daves13 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Rectory
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Aw great thank you, I have a couple of reservations onsite but not too bothered about a lot of them I prefer offsite restaurants longhorns Bahama breeze (cheaper) 😂 was just worried if it’s as busy as people keep saying we wouldn’t get in anywhere
Rectory is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We're planning xmas next year so will keep an eye on here for ideas. I must admit I'm worried about how busy everywhere will be and not sure I'd have chosen to go at Xmas but dh wanted to and it's the only time we can with the inlaws as dh and his dad work together.
Old 21 Oct 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
CLAIREYSIMPSON
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We are out at Xmas this year going on 15th we are on-site for first week but in villa for second. When people say traffic is bad how long to you allow to get to parks we wanted to do magic kingdom Xmas day realise we need to be there before opening but how much before do we need to double travelling time?
Also can anyone suggest anywhere nice to eat Xmas,day evening? Are all the off-site restaurants open Xmas,day ?
CLAIREYSIMPSON is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

If you read my middle trip report, links below on signature that will be filled with lots of information you will hopefully find useful from our Christmas and New Year trip... we flew home New Year’s Day...
mousettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 17, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by mousettes View Post
If you read my middle trip report, links below on signature that will be filled with lots of information you will hopefully find useful from our Christmas and New Year trip... we flew home New Year’s Day...
I’d love to read it, can’t find a link?

We haven’t booked any restaurants off site although there’s a couple we want to try near our villa. The traffic is the thing that’s really worrying us too!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

We haven’t booked any restaurants off site although there’s a couple we want to try near our villa. The traffic is the thing that’s really worrying us too!
It is the second line under her flashing name, just click on it, it is a link, as is my Xmas report under my picture in my signature.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=697336

There you go... xx
mousettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List