Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 23 Aug 17, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Gun ranges

Not sure I totally like the idea and not even sure if its possible but my 14 year old loves the idea of being able to shoot a gun.

Hmmmm. Thing is after a few days of "Its a small world" and disney princesses with his 4 yr old sister we need to find him something to do.

I know theres a the big place on US192. Anyone tried this or been anywhere else?

Not even sure if they'd allow a 14 yr old?
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

SHREKS OTHER1/2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi
We have been to Oak Ridge and yes kids can shoot . We normally use Bullseye in Palmetto .My friends daughter shot there last week and she is only 12
05,07,09 Sandy Ridge 11 LA,Vegas,SF 12Miami,Sandy Ridge,AMI 13 Vegas 13 Miami,Disney,AMI,KeyWest 14 Memphis,New Orleans,AMI 15 West Caribbean Cruise & Keys 15 Miami, East Caribbean Cruise & AMI 16 Orlando & West Caribbean Cruise, 16 Barbados,17 MSC Caribbean Cruise AMI,17Georgia,Carolina,Orlando & AMI 18 Vegas ,LA & Palm Springs,18 NewYork,Arkansas ,Dallas 19 Barbados Cruise 19 Florida 20 Vegas,LA& Hawaii 20 Arkansas
SHREKS OTHER1/2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
My Stepdaughter and partner did this when they went last and she said it was awful. They liked the idea before going in but when they got in there the noise and the realisation these were actually lethal weapons(although obviously i'm sure they're blanks?) just made her feel ill and they didn't stay very long.

2016 - Orlando - Town Center Villa
2017 - Rotonda West, Gulf Coast
2017 Nov - New York
2018 - Bradenton, Gulf Coast
2023 - Orlando/Gulf Coast
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Generally once they can hold a gun they let them shoot (albeit a hand gun rather than a larger weapon).
Oak ridge are good. 14 year old will have a choice of weapons there.
I don't think they're blanks btw.
Tea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

I see Oakrdige is OBT. How safe is that area?
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

My mate goes to Machine Gun America at Old Town when he's over.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
macjaddie
Getting Excited

Mobile

DH took my older 2 to Machine Gun America. They had a fab time, the instructor was a woman which DD really liked. They got to fire all kinds of silly guns.

I have no interest so I took the younger 3 to the arcade at old town.
macjaddie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Originally Posted by paulfoel View Post
I see Oakrdige is OBT. How safe is that area?
I didn't find it dodgy at all. Was fine.

Been there a few times now.
Old 24 Aug 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by *cath* View Post
My Stepdaughter and partner did this when they went last and she said it was awful. They liked the idea before going in but when they got in there the noise and the realisation these were actually lethal weapons(although obviously i'm sure they're blanks?) just made her feel ill and they didn't stay very long.
DD - 17 was the same. The rest of us loved it though, including DS(15). Be aware - it can get pretty pricey because as well as range rental, you pay by the round. We got carried away including semi automatic weapons. They soon chew through the ammo - a lot of fun until you get to the till and pay the bill.

It was Oak Ridge btw who were very friendly and I never thought the neighborhood looked dodgy. Recommended to me by a ex-workmate who always pops in on his travels there.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

SHREKS OTHER1/2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tea View Post
I didn't find it dodgy at all. Was fine.

Been there a few times now.
Me neither ..we been twice they were very professional . They are not blanks ..We were shooting with some military guys .Although i do prefer Bulleye in Palmetto for the range as its larger with more lanes ..But we stay on AMI so its ok for us .
05,07,09 Sandy Ridge 11 LA,Vegas,SF 12Miami,Sandy Ridge,AMI 13 Vegas 13 Miami,Disney,AMI,KeyWest 14 Memphis,New Orleans,AMI 15 West Caribbean Cruise & Keys 15 Miami, East Caribbean Cruise & AMI 16 Orlando & West Caribbean Cruise, 16 Barbados,17 MSC Caribbean Cruise AMI,17Georgia,Carolina,Orlando & AMI 18 Vegas ,LA & Palm Springs,18 NewYork,Arkansas ,Dallas 19 Barbados Cruise 19 Florida 20 Vegas,LA& Hawaii 20 Arkansas
SHREKS OTHER1/2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List