Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 24 Nov 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Holidaying solo next year!

Hey All, I'm holidaying on my own next September. A little nervous but looking forward to getting some get great tips to put me at ease!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Welcome, lots of useful advice here, just ask any questions and you will get all the answers 😊. It has been so helpful to us with our planinng.

Are you just visiting Disney? Universal? Any plans up to now? Have fun planning. I love the name you chose, I'm guessing George Michael? I loved him too, sad loss
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post

As it's my first time holidaying alone I've decided to just do Disney and Universal. I've got a rough plan but waiting on Disney to release park opening times/Extra Magic Hours days before finalising. Have to say I am lovin' the planning stage but there is a lot of information/opinion and can be quite overwhelming. Yes, I'm a huge George Michael fan and will be helping to get Last Christmas to no 1 this year.
Old 24 Nov 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We visited Disney only on our first trip, then visited Universal this year. Next year my DH is staying home and it is just me and DD going to Disney to celebrate her 18th and my birthday. We are hoping to book a daytrip to Clearwater too and a shopping mall. We visited Florida Mall this year.

There is so much to do and it can be daunting as there is so much to decide. I would suggest you start with the basics, flights, accommodation and which parks and build your trip from there. What time of year are you planning on going? Onsite or offsite? How long are you planning on going for? How many days in each park? Another thing to consider as you are going alone is are you hiring a car? I am using DME for transfers, and Disney transport in the park and Uber for the mall plus an organised coach trip for Clearwater so it is easy to get around without a car.

I do hope Last Christmas will be number 1 at Xmas too, perfect tribute to his talent.

Edited at 10:25 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the tips. Holiday is already booked and looking at your countdown we will be there at the same time! I know what parks I wanna do but I do need to figure out how the FastPass system works and what rides to do. Using hotel transport and the I-Ride trolley to get around. I want the holiday to be perfect but I think I need to get my head around the fact that I can't control everything and I need to be a little flexible with the planning! Have a great weekend!
Old 25 Nov 17, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Look in the planning information on this site to explain how FP works, it's not difficult really, just need to be aware of the tier systems in most of the parks (except MK). The newest rides are always the hardest to get so try to book those first. Toy Story Land will be open when you go and I think there are 2 new rides there so they will be hard to get.

You are right about being flexible with plans. I make long lists and plan everything but we don't follow it rigidly. If we get tired, we rest more than I planned. We always end up doing loads more than I plan anyway, but it is impossible to do it all. You never remember the things you missed, just the fun of the things you did do 😊. You have the benefit of going at your own pace with a solo trip, so no one else to say hurry up or I'm tired, you can do as you please ☺. Have fun planning, I love the planning it stretches the holiday out I feel.
Old 25 Nov 17, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi and welcome
Old 26 Nov 17, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you.
Old 26 Nov 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Hi and welcome if you look at my signature there are my reports on my 2 solo trips which might give you some tips
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lindaj
Imagineer

I have been over 20 times with my late husband, but he made me promise to go back to our 'happy place' once I felt strong enough so I did, I went last year and this year and although it was entirely different to when we went together, I still enjoyed it all the same. It was full of really happy memories and to be honest I could feel him with me all the time. The advice I would give is not be afraid of doing anything at all. I went into restaurants on my own and got treated so well once they knew I was on my alone, I decided to risk driving and to be honest I found it quite easy. I loved the parks and being amongst really happy people lifted my spirits. You will enjoy it, there is nothing at all to be concerned about.