Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 1 Feb 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Yeah. And referring to Woolworths going bust as a reason why someone now decides to shop at, say, Waitrose doesn't really make much sense.

As lyn1 says, you're going to see a lot of differences since you last visited in 1997 (that was the year we first visited WDW, btw). But the place will also feel quite familiar. For example, Magic Kingdom still looks mostly the same, other than the New Fantasyland area. AK and IOA are fantastic parks and I'm sure you'll love 'em.

Sounds like you should have a wonderful time.
If paying in installments then it makes a difference, if paying off in full then yes your comparison wouldn't make sense.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by 3xDisneyland View Post
If paying in installments then it makes a difference, if paying off in full then yes your comparison wouldn't make sense.
Again, why would the fact that Woolworths went bust in 2008 have any bearing on paying in installments to Waitrose today?

Why would the fact that one random ticket company went bust 8 years ago make a difference to which particular ticket company you chose to book in installments with today?

And - more importantly - what's that got to do with price matching, which was what started this discussion in the first place?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 04:24 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Again, why would the fact that Woolworths went bust in 2008 have any bearing on paying in installments to Waitrose today?

Why would the fact that one random ticket company went bust 8 years ago make a difference to which particular ticket company you chose to book in installments with today?
Think you've got a bit lost with this, forget Woolworths and Waitrose.

TPTD (USRENTACAR) are using the same domain name to the company that went bust in 2010, before making an order for over £2500 i noticed an article about TPTD going bust (Didn't say has now been bought over by USRENTACAR and i didn't bother researching any further), rather than ordering with them as the cheapest at the time i went to ATD (and all the other companies on the list above) and asked them for their best price nearest to what TPTD were offering, they got close and i paid their deposit, since placing a deposit they have priced matched Orlando Attractions and Travel Republic, so my balance is even less than what TPTD were offering(BONUS).

I don't know why my choice is still baffling you, the original question was "Why do people don't just book with the cheapest rather than price matching?"
Yes i could have done more research rather than assuming TPTD had started operating again, so, i didn't choose the Cheapest (TPTD) even though they was the cheapest at the time, as i wasn't paying in full and my confidence to pay installments to them had gone when i saw the article. That isn't hard to understand for me but it seems to be baffling to you, i assume you purchase your tickets in full so you don't really put into your consideration what happens if you had paid thousands in installments, for them to go bust and not receive tickets, for me that would be my Family's dream holiday destroyed, i agree it seems an over reaction to an article but it made me think and influenced my choice. (Obviously any company can go bust)

Edited at 05:06 PM.
Old 1 Feb 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by 3xDisneyland View Post
Think you've got a bit lost with this, forget Woolworths and Waitrose.

TPTD (USRENTACAR) are using the same domain name to the company that went bust in 2010, before making an order for over £2500 i noticed an article about TPTD going bust (Didn't say has now been bought over by USRENTACAR and i didn't bother researching any further), rather than ordering with them as the cheapest at the time i went to ATD (and all the other companies on the list above) and asked them for their best price nearest to what TPTD were offering, they got close and i paid their deposit, since placing a deposit they have priced matched Orlando Attractions and Travel Republic, so my balance is even less than what TPTD were offering(BONUS).

I don't know why my choice is still baffling you, the original question was "Why do people don't just book with the cheapest rather than price matching?"
Yes i could have done more research rather than assuming TPTD had started operating again, so, i didn't choose the Cheapest (TPTD) even though they was the cheapest at the time, as i wasn't paying in full and my confidence to pay installments to them had gone when i saw the article. That isn't hard to understand for me but it seems to be baffling to you, i assume you purchase your tickets in full so you don't really put into your consideration what happens if you had paid thousands in installments, for them to go bust and not receive tickets, for me that would be my Family's dream holiday destroyed, i agree it seems an over reaction to an article but it made me think and influenced my choice. (Obviously any company can go bust)
Again, I'm confused.

First, I asked whether you chose ATD because you felt they were more secure and you said that wasn't the case, back in post 31.

Second, you seem to be under the impression that ATD are less likely to go bust than other companies and I don't know why? Just because the prices on it's webpage aren't the cheapest (even though they do price match with the cheapest) doesn't mean they are less likely to go bust. It's been pointed out that any company can go bust, even big companies go bust (and TPTD used to be owned by Keith Prowse, one of the biggest ticket companies in the UK, before it went bust). Therefore booking with any reputable ticket company would be just as secure as booking with ATD - their prices have no bearing on how secure they are.

Third, I don't know why you brought up TPTD because they aren't the cheapest ticket company. ATD Travel Ltd own both Attraction-Tickets-Direct and AmericanAttractions (and some other websites). AmericanAttractions are actually cheaper than TPTD for many of their tickets. Therefore, you've actually used the cheapest company to book your tickets with.

However, I get the impression you haven't been reading my posts because I've mentioned all of the above in my earlier posts.

I can certainly understand wanting to book your tickets with a reputable company that has a longstanding record of good business practices. I would agree with you there. However, that's got nothing to do with choosing a ticket company that price-matches rather than choosing a ticket company that has cheaper prices in the first place.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 06:07 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Again, I'm confused.

First, I asked whether you chose ATD because you felt they were more secure and you said that wasn't the case, back in post 31.

Second, you seem to be under the impression that ATD are less likely to go bust than other companies and I don't know why? Just because the prices on it's webpage aren't the cheapest (even though they do price match with the cheapest) doesn't mean they are less likely to go bust. It's been pointed out that any company can go bust, even big companies go bust (and TPTD used to be owned by Keith Prowse, one of the biggest ticket companies in the UK, before it went bust). Therefore booking with any reputable ticket company would be just as secure as booking with ATD - their prices have no bearing on how secure they are.

Third, I don't know why you brought up TPTD because they aren't the cheapest ticket company. ATD Travel Ltd own both Attraction-Tickets-Direct and AmericanAttractions (and some other websites). AmericanAttractions are actually cheaper than TPTD for many of their tickets. Therefore, you've actually used the cheapest company to book your tickets with.

However, I get the impression you haven't been reading my posts because I've mentioned all of the above in my earlier posts.

I can certainly understand wanting to book your tickets with a reputable company that has a longstanding record of good business practices. I would agree with you there. However, that's got nothing to do with choosing a ticket company that price-matches rather than choosing a ticket company that has cheaper prices in the first place.

First of your points -That is correct I didn't book ATD because i thought they were anymore secure than any other company (How could i make that assumption), i said i went through the advertising list on the tickets forum, to see what their best offer would be compared to what i could see to be the best price with TPTD for a multiticket at that time.

Point 2 - You assume i'm under that impression, from the list i chose ATD because of their offer, i only had concerns of booking with TPTD because of the article as previously mentioned, However, at the time of booking i had assumed TPTD had started operating again and maybe if i took the time to see they had been taken over, then possibly it wouldn't have swayed my decision from them.

Point 3 - Your interest in my decision had started from me answering a question, WHY PEOPLE DON'T BOOK WITH THE CHEAPEST RATHER THAN GETTING ANOTHER COMPANY TO PRICE MATCH... TPTD at the time were offering the Multiticket at the best price i could find, but, i wasn't confident booking with them because of the article.

So i could have booked with the cheapest i could find at that time TPTD but because of an article i didn't feel comfortable, I called all the other companies to see what their best offer was and ended up booking with ATD.